Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dynasty Warriors

Seraphina

You know, I honestly can't remember any discussion about this series of games on the board...or at least none that went on very long tongue.gif So here it is now...

The Sera One is an avid collector of this series, and currently has...

Dynasty Warriors 2 (the chance by that made me fall in love)

Dynasty Warriors 3

Dynasty Warriors 3 - Extreme Legends

Dynasty Warriors 4

Dynasty Warriors 4 - Extreme Legends

Dynasty Warriors 4 - Empires (****g rocks!)

Dynasty Tactics 2

Samuria Warriors - (It's Dynasty Warriors...in Japan! Lo and behold the katana weilding hero of destruction!)

As I find it hard to believe anyone could play this series and not love it, I'm sure at least SOMEONE will want to discuss it tongue.gif So let's hear it...games you've got? Favourite kingdoms? Officers? Discussions about the Three Kingdoms Era? Whatever springs to mind, I'm not picky tongue.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Shakezulah

• ChrisC098

• Shadowsleet

i love playing this game. im no expert but if you've got one of the games i'll plop right down and start playing like a maniac. =]. my favorite character is the girl with the shaolin temple coins. and i like playing in the mode where u have the big bad guy to beat at the end. xDD.

ive only played Dynasty Warriors 3. i think that game is pretty fun. my friend always used to bring it over and we would play it for hours at a time, unlocking tons of weapons and items. but as i said, thats the only game in the series ive played. i wanna play all the versions of 4 though. 2, i dont really care about. the Dynasty Tactics games dont look very good. my friend played one one time and he said it sucked.

yeah thats what ive thougt, but they do have different levels and weapons and things. but i guess, they are all basically the same. but that doesnt mean they still arent fun.

If youve played 3 youve played the rest.

Some would argue this for alomst any game with a sequel.....

I enjoyed 3 I think, i played it that long ago I cant remember. never owned it though....

The game is recreating actual historic events in chinese legend, that being the Three Kingdoms Era, formed by Zhuge Liang's heavenly triangle. The same story is told in every game, only it's given an extreme makeover.

The story isn't told the exact same way of course...especially given the new battles that are added, new characters, new unlockables, and other things that make them well worth buying the sequals. DW4 also introduced a create-a-character mode.

Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires broke away from the chain completely though. Although it is set in the Three Kingdoms Era, it doesn't follow the set storyline....instead, you build your own empire, fighting the battles as and where you want, capturing, hiring, and seeking out officers to add to your force. Very good game...my favourite of the series I think.

Tactics isn't bad...I'm not a huge fan of that type of game, but Tactics has managed to keep me playing...but then again, that might just be because it's in the Dynasty Warriors setting.

That Samuria Warriors game is pretty good, for anyone who was thinking about getting it...

It's not Dynasty Warriors...it's trying very hard to be, but it's not quite cutting it. It does, however, introduce a few things that are a breath of fresh air, such as real time missions that affect the flow of the battle, and a nice "training mode" for your created character that determines their starting stats (although I was a little annoyed by the lack of models for created chars).

Not a bad game...worth a look if you're into DW.

oOoOoOo grin2.gif That should be good...hopefully they'll do something about the horrible lack of crated character models tongue.gif Eight standard, and four unlockable....that's just sad.

And much thanks to Shady and Talon for attempting to revive my topic, that nobody seems interested in crying.gif

Being a close cousin of the medieval China-based Dynasty Warriors series, it comes as no surprise that Koei has developed an Xtreme Legends for Samurai Warriors. Providing a familiar array of features to keep the most fervent of fans going on the franchise until the next offering, it also hints at what's to come in the almost inevitable Samurai Warriors 2.

As the original, the game is set in medieval Japan, with warlords battling to reach Kyoto and become Shogun. Playable this time around is Hideyoshi Hashiba (later known as Hideyoshi Toyotomi), a vassal who had the ignoble nickname of monkey; Yoshimoto Imagawa, famous for his defeat at Okehazama; Tadakatsu Honda, a loyal and trusted vassal of Ieyasu Tokugawa; and Ina, a princess known for her defense against invading Tokugawa armies.

Much like Dynasty Warriors Xtreme Legends, the game allows players to get an additional (6th) weapon level, increase their stats above the previous max caps, and more Power Up Items and Skills. In addition, players can power-up their weapons by paying a blacksmith or purchasing items from gold earned in the survival mode. Tweaks have been made to gameplay as well--the Musou meter in two-player mode is now separate instead of being linked as the original. A new battlefield of Komaki-Nagakute has been added as well.

Playing an early build, the new characters fight as they look--Hideyoshi is a quick hitting but vulnerable character akin to Masamune Date, Tadakatsu has big powerful sweeping attacks that mop up the weaker enemies. Ina has four regular slashes that easily connect to a multi-hit combo, and Yoshimoto, who was the most entertaining of the new officers, mixes his sword slashes with Kemari ball attacks--infusing a needed dose of humor into the game (Kemari was an aristocratic version of hacky sack during feudal Japan).

Keen fans of Samurai Warriors will also notice Nagamasa Azai in a custom suit of armor as opposed to the generic outfit he wore in the first--perhaps a subtle hint of a Samurai Warriors 2 in the pipeline (with him as a playable character).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/previews/38950.shtml