Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Having a hot temper is 'good for your health'

hot temper anxiety repressors

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,798 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hot-tempered Italians and Spanish live nearly two years longer than the ‘stiff-upper lip’ English, researchers claim.

Scientists found that being fiery and expressing negative emotions is the key to long-lasting good health.

In contrast, the British characteristic of self-restraint can have serious repercussions for physical and mental well-being.

http://www.dailymail...years-life.html

I would think that depends on how the hot temper manifests itself and if there's other people around at the time.

Posted Image

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,511 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

letting your emotions out it always healthy

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Even better!

I shall live another 4,000 years.

#4    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

If that's it, then Greeks should live up to 400 years!!! :lol:

Edited by CuriousGreek, 26 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#5    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yeah but I wonder how many friends a hot tempered person has?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,367 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

I use to hold back but I don't anymore.  Really don't help if you are holding back.

#7    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Lol not in some of the places I lived, hot temper is a good way to get yourself a trip to the hospital, prison or even killed. Pretty much balances out that two years difference if you ask me.

Trying to find the actual study because the article seems a tad bit wrong (well over exaggerated)

Edited by Jinxdom, 27 December 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#8    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I once used to keep things to myself & let's say that wasn't very healthy.

#9    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,292 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Hot-tempered Italians and Spanish live nearly two years longer than the ‘stiff-upper lip’ English, researchers claim.

Scientists found that being fiery and expressing negative emotions is the key to long-lasting good health.

In contrast, the British characteristic of self-restraint can have serious repercussions for physical and mental well-being.

I would think that depends on how the hot temper manifests itself and if there's other people around at the time.

IMO: the Italians and Spanish probably eat healthier, leading to their 'nearly two years' longer lifespan. (I've eaten English cuisine.)

BTW: Expressing your temper is just that, expressing your temper. It's also known as being a dick. I eat the bad feelings that I have, regurgitate them, then deal with them at a later date, when I'm calm, cool and collected. :)

Edit: In case you're curious, or care, I'm a Canadian. :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 27 December 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 27 December 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Lol not in some of the places I lived, hot temper is a good way to get yourself a trip to the hospital, prison or even killed. Pretty much balances out that two years difference if you ask me.

Trying to find the actual study because the article seems a tad bit wrong (well over exaggerated)
Yeah Iv lived in neighborhoods where it was kind of the same situation you describe and its better to just keep you mouth shut.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,646 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

They need to do a study on two different groups.  One group that uses the shot gun approach to anger, the other, those who use their anger to speak and get things done.

Peace
Mark

#12    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Unless you want to let your emotions loose by shooting up a school or a mall Somehow I don''t think they'll be living for very long after that.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#13    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Looks like I'll be living a while.. I always tend to release all my emotions as anger lol But, I don't go crazy.

#14    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Passive agression is often taught when young, then they explode over time.  That is not healthy, neither is shot gun approach to anger (as mark stated above), when everyone gets it, but speaking out when angry is healthy, as long as it deals with a certain situation.  If not, stress only builds....I speak from experience.

doug

Edited by dougeaton, 05 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#15    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 December 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

IMO: the Italians and Spanish probably eat healthier, leading to their 'nearly two years' longer lifespan. (I've eaten English cuisine.)

BTW: Expressing your temper is just that, expressing your temper. It's also known as being a dick. I eat the bad feelings that I have, regurgitate them, then deal with them at a later date, when I'm calm, cool and collected. :)

Edit: In case you're curious, or care, I'm a Canadian. :)

Canadian, well that says it all.  Don't you guys all die at 40 or something like that? :gun:

View PostKing Fluffs, on 26 December 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Even better!

I shall live another 4,000 years.

I hope you bath, otherwise we will have to kill you.

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users