Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself

Still Waters

Sarah Palin has said the United States should rededicate itself to seeking God's will.

The former US vice-presidential candidate argued that a humble spirit could help leaders to get more answers on issues such as health care, energy and national security.

In a video released Friday by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the 2008 Republican candidate for vice president, said it was important for leaders to recognise they don't have all the answers.

Mrs Palin said: "No one person has all the right answers.

Mrs Palin said: "No one person has all the right answers. It takes a united nation, and it does take godly counsel, and it takes prayer and answers to prayer - and a collective humble heart of a nation seeking God's hand of protection and his blessings of prosperity.

"I think if we can get back to that, our country will be a safer, more prosperous and healthier nation."

The former Alaska governor referred to an Abraham Lincoln proclamation that declared a day of national humiliation, fasting, and prayer.

She said the United States has been "touched by God" because the nation's early leaders dedicated the country to God.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• questionmark

• The Silver Thong

• Cadetak

Uhm... No. No our founding fathers did not dedicate this country to god. *facepalms*

I'd rather not live in a theocracy, thanks!

She said the United States has been "touched by God" because the nation's early leaders dedicated the country to God

Well I think Sarah's got it wrong with that one.

"IN GOD WE TRUST" didn't realy get 'added' until the late 1950's - they also tacked on "UNDER GOD" to the pledge of allegiance as well.

It was probably just government propaganda in an attempt to demonize the Commies.

Mrs Palin said: "If we could get back to that, that humbleness, with that kind of contrite spirit, I think that we would be able to be provided more of the answers to so many of the great challenges that we're facing.

"And these are huge challenges, whether we're talking about health care, whether we're talking about energy independence, whether we're talking about national security measures."

I think she's being incredibly naive. America will vote for the candidate with the right answers (if there are indeed any at all), not for the candidate who hopes that God will give them the right answers once they enter the White House.

Or am I being incredibly naive in terms of American politics? :unsure2:

Either way, if she wants to win 2012 (we all know she'll eventually decide to run, the Republicans have no-one else) she'll need to start coming up with solid policies not the old "God will tell us what to do" line.

Or, once again, am I being incredibly naive in terms of American politics? :unsure2:

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Someone should point out to Ms. Palin the principal reason why Spain went from world power to underdeveloped backwaters of the world in less than a century.

Palin's misguided and inaccurate view, both of the history of the founding of the United States, as well as the qualities necessary to lead, show a massively overwhelming level of ignorance and lack of understanding, of one of the main reasons of WHY the US was founded to begin with, and what "separation of church and state" means - it isn't an option like "hold the mayo". But the majority of people in political power now also share her blissful lack of concern for actual principles of the United States.

I'm sure what she means is her own version of a fundamentalist, right-wing Christian God. I wonder what the reaction would be is our Minnesota Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison said, "We need to redicate our nation to God." In his case, it would mean "Allah." Suddenly, I bet Palin wouldn't be in support of politicians talking about God.

I think it would be cool if a Wiccan gained national attention on the political scene and said, "We need to rededicate America back to the pagan beliefs of this contintents original inhabitants, the nature-centered beliefs of the Native Americans, before the Europeans came over and robbed them of their land, language, religion. After all, the America's were pre-Christian for some 10,000 years. It wasn't until European pirates came over here and raped and pillaged the original inhabitnants, and forced a new religion upon them."

Someone should point out to Ms. Palin the principal reason why Spain went from world power to underdeveloped backwaters of the world in less than a century.

Underdeveloped backwaters?

Have you been to Spain?

Underdeveloped backwaters?

Have you been to Spain?

Have you been in Spain in the Franco times?

Have you been in Spain at the turn of the 19th century?

Have you been in Spain in the 16th century or even read a book about it?

Now, what was it you wanted to know?

Have you been in Spain in the Franco times?

Have you been in Spain at the turn of the 19th century?

Have you been in Spain in the 16th century or even read a book about it?

Now, what was it you wanted to know?

Well, have you?

You seem to know all the misery of it.

The likes of Palin and her fundi thinking should never be allowed near a blender let alone nuclear weapons. I think she dreams of the three horseman way to much. Simple and to the point, Palin was and could still be the biggest threat to the U.S. since ummmmmmm damn I can't think of anything more dangerous to the U.S. or the world than Palin. She wants to see the world burn.

The likes of Palin and her fundi thinking should never be allowed near a blender let alone nuclear weapons. I think she dreams of the three horseman way to much. Simple and to the point, Palin was and could still be the biggest threat to the U.S. since ummmmmmm damn I can't think of anything more dangerous to the U.S. or the world than Palin. She wants to see the world burn.

I think we should check behind her head for 666 the markings of the Antichrist, don't you think?

This is so funny for that is exactly what they said about Ronald Reagan, and the rest is history.:yes:

Will it really happen that Obama will be Jimmy Carter II?

Edited by AROCES

Well, have you?

You seem to know all the misery of it.

I went for some semesters to the University of Santiago de Copmpostela (73-74). Does not make me an authority but surely gives me an oversight.

I'd rather not live in a theocracy either. She and her fundamentalist friends needs to get the freak out of here, if they want to live in a theocracy.....

I think we should check behind her head for 666 the markings of the Antichrist, don't you think?

I don't believe in the anti-christ nor god for that matter. However Palin does and shes a fundi. So I fear her as a person in power because of her extreme beliefs and delusions.

I can see her now crying looking up holding a cross in one hand and a bible under her arem as she push's the big red button. Game over.

I'd still shag her though lol

Yes, we should all look to God, as long as it's a Christian God. Therein lies the problem. There's all kinds of gods worshipped in this country. And Christians can't decide what their god wants anyway, so how should that be handled?

Yes, we should all look to God, as long as it's a Christian God. Therein lies the problem. There's all kinds of gods worshipped in this country. And Christians can't decide what their god wants anyway, so how should that be handled?

Good question.

God or Liberalism?

Good question.

God or Liberalism?

Liberalism for me, I'd rather be a free woman than under a theocracy were woman are treated like trash.

Edited by Ryinrea

Good question.

God or Liberalism?

I am rather conservative, but if the choice comes to either talk to an imaginary friend or endure liberals, I guess I'll take the second.

Edited by questionmark

I am rather conservative, but if the choice comes to either talk to an imaginary friend or endure liberals, I guess I'll take the second.

:lol:

I think Aroces question backfired LOL Damn right Liberal even though I havn't liked a liberal PM in Canada in sometime.

Am I the only person who thinks that Sarah Palin & Co. should have their own reality TV show? Her life seems to be one already, so why not just make it 'official?'

Liberalism for me, I'd rather be a free woman than under a theocracy were woman are treated like trash.

And Obama as acting god?