Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do you really want Bigfoot to exist?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

With all the interest in Bigfoot I was wondering how many of you really want him to exist.  Think about it would you really want something running around the woods this big.  He will attack you according to people that have encountered them.  It has been said he will come up to your house and give you what for, possibly even killed people.

I don't know if I want them to be real, while I would be amazed that something like this could exist at the same time I would be afraid to go out at night for fear of running into one.  I live in the country, surrounded by forest and have no yard light, no dog to warn me.  Knowing I could encounter a bear is enough so no, I don't think I would like that at all.

#2    Soul of the Sea

Soul of the Sea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Everything is true until proven real.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

In all honesty, no, I'd rather not have this creature be real.

If you say cryptids don't exist. Look at the proof around you.

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think it would be a great discovery. And I wouldn't worry any more than I do now (which is not at all) about the dangers of these creatures. Sure, in my imagination, I like to think of them as creepy, angry howling "monsters" like on TV, but that is not what I believe an actual discovered creature would be like. Heck they might protect you in the woods, who knows?

If discovered however, we might repopulate their numbers which may pose human/bigfoot clashes. None of which we seem to have now, because even if the creature is proven to exist, it doesn't automatically make all sightings and stories [of aggressive angry creatures] from before discovery, legit encounters.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 November 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,469 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'd love it.  They would dominate the World Hide 'n' Seek Championships though.

#5    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

What would be the real benefit for them being real? Most likely with our wonderful human culture we would prolly destroy their existence. First ofcourse the government would want to study them and possibly find a way to weaponize them. Then theres the commerical half that would want to capture them and make a profit putting them in a zoo of sort.. so...... :rofl:

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostMidKn13ght, on 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

What would be the real benefit for them being real? Most likely with our wonderful human culture we would prolly destroy their existence. First ofcourse the government would want to study them and possibly find a way to weaponize them. Then theres the commerical half that would want to capture them and make a profit putting them in a zoo of sort.. so...... :rofl:

Zoo? I'm thinking some pretty awesome televised wrestling matches. Maybe a little mud for the lady foots.

#7    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'd love them to be real....for my own fascination, but maybe that's selfish. If they were discovered they would be hunted, killed or imprisoned all for mankind's satisfaction. The race would soon die out, or turn against us and be a very fierce predator....IMO.

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Honostly If they are alive and living they would be execellent at hiding from us, so If they were proven to exist and they have the same level of hiding that they do now ( if they exist ) I dont see how any human could make them do anything.  Because simply findind them would be too HARD.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,327 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Any new animal found is fascinating to me. Of course I would love to see this be real.

There is a difference between wanting, and having though.Sometimes people want to so bad, that the " want " becomes reality in their world.......Biscardi and BFRO have a issue with this.

I also want lake monsters, alien visitation, and 2012 apocolypse to be real.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#10    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

I would truly enjoy Bigfoot to be a real creature, doubting it more and more, but the hope is there. Just knowing that we don't know everything, which we don't, is worth the minor risk of Biggie causing havoc with my mangled corpse.

#11    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

While it would be fascinating, it really wouldn't affect me. Bigfoot doesn't have a part in my life so nothing would really change other than "Bigfoot is real? That's pretty cool."

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

If they were real and as plentiful as some of the other wildlife I don't think I would like it really.  It would be fascinating to see one from a distance but if there were very many I think they would hurt people given the reputation they have acquired.  Don't think I would want to run into one around here in the dark or lose a pet to one.

Sorry but the only way someone would convince me they were real is to capture or kill one then turn the body over to scientists or a zoo for official verification.

#13    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

In a word, yes

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#14    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

In a word, no.

If they actually proved to be real then most likely they'd be put on the endangered species list and suddenly that make life miserable for everyone.

#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostSakari, on 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Any new animal found is fascinating to me. Of course I would love to see this be real.

There is a difference between wanting, and having though.Sometimes people want to so bad, that the " want " becomes reality in their world.......Biscardi and BFRO have a issue with this.

I also want lake monsters, alien visitation, and 2012 apocolypse to be real.....

Sakari, could you keep the 2012 Apocalypse in your neck of the woods. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users