Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel - UFO or Missile?

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#706    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 29 July 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I posed some questions about the "spiraling missile". care to take a crack at them, which is where your strength lies, not "flies form 100 miles"
This must have been in one of the many posts you admit to having 'just skipped'....
It's a standard feature of ICBMs -- once the stages are completed, there is a brief
'spin-up' maneuver for the RV.
See it illustrated here.
On youtube,  /watch?v=3wdjgL40wc4
2:05 minutes into sequence.

Edited by Karlis, 30 July 2012 - 02:41 AM.
deleted "doubled" part of post

#707    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 1,914 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 July 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I hadn't seen that before.  :lol:

Maybe it's a Russian lead conspiracy! If they lie about missile launches who knows what they're capable of! ( A joke Earl, not meant to offend :ph34r: )

see, you ARE new to the thread.

I have been saying all along, they (the russians) are lying and all nations in the region have agreed to go along so as to cover it up whatever "it" is.

anyway, that is why I call them all the Russian Missile Conspiracy Theorists... because THAT is what they are.
conspiring to theorize an imaginary russian missile that took off from FOUR locations, no less, all according to kewl russian official sources

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#708    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 29 July 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

so in other words, you won't answer the question

the missile plume and the missile spiral are at the same altitude at the same time

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. I was assuming you were referring to the portion of the plume made by the launch of the missile, which would be beneath the 'line of sight' of the sun's illumination.  I'll have to dig a bit to see if I can find a suitable explanation for you, mind that I am no expert here, I just have a  (somewhat) decent grasp of the physics involved in such a scenario.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#709    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 29 July 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

This must have been in one of the many posts you admit to having 'just skipped'....
It's a standard feature of ICBMs -- once the stages are completed, there is a brief
See it illustrated here.

I was looking for that video earlier and for some reason I couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it again, assuming it was you that posted it in the first place. That's a fantastic video that clearly illustrates the possible 'spiral' effect of ICBM launches. As a bonus, I like the music along with it as well. :lol: :tu:

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#710    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 29 July 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

I have been saying all along, they (the russians) are lying and all nations in the region have agreed to go along so as to cover it up whatever "it" is.

anyway, that is why I call them all the Russian Missile Conspiracy Theorists... because THAT is what they are.
conspiring to theorize an imaginary russian missile that took off from FOUR locations, no less, all according to kewl russian official sources

Not really 'new' as my first response was way back on page 6. I've just been lurking though and throwing in any input that I thought may help on occasion. Make of that what you will.

One question though, why would any nation conspire along side Russia about an imaginary missile launch? To what benefit or purpose? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Edit: oops, that was more than one question...my bad. ^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate, 29 July 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#711    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,959 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 29 July 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Oh, and Badsekov,

I forgot to mention to you... the reason why I feel I have to go with "800 miles high" for the Topol M missile is because you told me that the Minuteman missile went that high and that "all ICBMs are about the same", (they are NOT) and if I continued to go with the stats I had posted for the Peacekeeper ICBM, you would raise strong objections.

It has to do with being "ON THE SAME PAGE", Badsekov - some common ground. So I caved in to your 800 mile altitude figure  to keep the conversation going and not hovering around that particular point ad infinitum.

I think it is safe to say now, that I - WE - are saddled with using 800 miles in altitude unless YOU change that

You are right, they are about the same. Physics pretty much dictate what ICBMs do. But that does not mean that 800M is the max ceiling as Jim has already shown. It is a typical operational value, one that clearly beats your ~450km value you started out with.  

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#712    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,959 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Why do you think S2F is new to this thread? He has been around for quite a while.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#713    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,186 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 29 July 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

See it illustrated here.

Hey Jim,

I liked the video too. As it applies here to this missile test would it be true to say the 'spin-up' occures directly after thrird stage shut off? That the post flight stage as seen in your video is skipped because it is a rather short distance to target?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#714    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 29 July 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Why do you think S2F is new to this thread? He has been around for quite a while.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Rubbing proverbial elbows with insightful and intelligent members keeps me coming back. That, and the sheer variety and scope of learning opportunities. :tu:

#715    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,798 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I've never seen anything but ONE location announced -- half an hour after launch -- and that was Kapustin Yar. Any number of instant guesses by newspapers don't carry any weight. I've asked you for links to other alleged Russian claims and you've never bothered to post them.

#716    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,693 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Jim  as you know Im sure ITs like talking to a wall in here the Skeptics will always make up a version to suit there crazy methods !
Cheers for posting !

This is a Work in Progress!

#717    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

news just in...

Test launch of Russia's new ICBM successful (moscow Interfax-AVN Online in English 0705 GMT 25 Oct 12
MOSCOW. Oct 25 (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test launched a prototype of the country's new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a mobile launch pad at the Kapustin Yar site in the Astrakhan region at 10:28 p.m. on Wednesday, RVSN spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.
"The exercise warhead of the missile accurately hit the simulated target at the Sary-Sagan range in Kazakhstan. The tasks facing the test launch were accomplished," Koval said.

Different lighting conditions, perhaps different cloud cover from the June event -- but lets keep an eye out for reports and videos..

#718    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 27 October 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

news just in...

Test launch of Russia's new ICBM successful (moscow Interfax-AVN Online in English 0705 GMT 25 Oct 12
MOSCOW. Oct 25 (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test launched a prototype of the country's new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a mobile launch pad at the Kapustin Yar site in the Astrakhan region at 10:28 p.m. on Wednesday, RVSN spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.
"The exercise warhead of the missile accurately hit the simulated target at the Sary-Sagan range in Kazakhstan. The tasks facing the test launch were accomplished," Koval said.

Different lighting conditions, perhaps different cloud cover from the June event -- but lets keep an eye out for reports and videos..

Russia has a secret alien tracking system....They put this story out so that when the youtube videos start of the real alien ships, they will all ready have it covered.

:rofl:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#719    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 1,914 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 27 October 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

news just in...

So tell me, Jim, how many people in Israel called the police *this* time??

Different lighting conditions...? Oh really?

since when were "lighting conditions" all the way to Israel in the June event ever discussed in here? NEV-ah.

And your above interfax does not show any for this missile event, either.

And did people in Russia get any film footage of this launch that ended up on either Utube or RuTube?

Nice spinjob, though

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#720    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

^  

^

^

^

Told you :)

( close anyways )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users