Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

*Thump Thump Drag*

xthequeenofspadesx

Thump, Thump, Drag...

Ashley, a 16 year old girl, was babysitting 2 little boys. Their parents weren't supposed to come home until very late, so she put them to bed and sat downstairs in the living room to watch some TV. She was flipping channels and came to the evening news. The Anchor-woman reported a warning for her area. She said that a mental patient had escaped from a nearby facility and was on the run from the local athorities. Ashley flipped the channel again to find an old movie she hadn't seen in a while, but always enjoyed. By the end of the film, she had forgotten about the news report.

Upstairs one of the boys woke up. He thought he heard a noise coming from the hallway. Thump, thump, draaaag....

The child thought that Ashley must be watching TV, the sound must have been from the program she was watching.

The boy heard the sound again and woke his brother. Together, they listened at the door to the bedroom and the sound kept coming thump, thump, draaaag...thump, thump, drag....

The sound stopped but the boys were still nervous about leaving the saftey of their bedroom. They got back into bed and stayed under the covers until their parents got home.

When their parents came in the house they were struck by a greusome sight. Ashley was laying halfway up the stairs with a trail of blood behind her. Her arms were cut off at the elbows and she'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along to protect the children before she died of blood loss.

Ashley's attacker was never found!

Anybody know anymore about this one? It's kind of disturbing ;)

• Like 6

Thump, Thump, Drag...

Ashley, a 16 year old girl, was babysitting 2 little boys. Their parents weren't supposed to come home until very late, so she put them to bed and sat downstairs in the living room to watch some TV. She was flipping channels and came to the evening news. The Anchor-woman reported a warning for her area. She said that a mental patient had escaped from a nearby facility and was on the run from the local athorities. Ashley flipped the channel again to find an old movie she hadn't seen in a while, but always enjoyed. By the end of the film, she had forgotten about the news report.

Upstairs one of the boys woke up. He thought he heard a noise coming from the hallway. Thump, thump, draaaag....

The child thought that Ashley must be watching TV, the sound must have been from the program she was watching.

The boy heard the sound again and woke his brother. Together, they listened at the door to the bedroom and the sound kept coming thump, thump, draaaag...thump, thump, drag....

The sound stopped but the boys were still nervous about leaving the saftey of their bedroom. They got back into bed and stayed under the covers until their parents got home.

When their parents came in the house they were struck by a greusome sight. Ashley was laying halfway up the stairs with a trail of blood behind her. Her arms were cut off at the elbows and she'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along to protect the children before she died of blood loss.

Ashley's attacker was never found!

Anybody know anymore about this one? It's kind of disturbing ;)

Just another "silly babysitter" urban tale, I think. :) It is disturbing, falls into the ilk of the "people can lick too" story. *shudder* Americans. :no:

• Like 1

Just another "silly babysitter" urban tale, I think. :) It is disturbing, falls into the ilk of the "people can lick too" story. *shudder* Americans. :no:

Yes that people can lick story was very creepy lol

surely, ashley had a painful death....

i had read some related stories like this but this is the most disturbing of all...

Poor ashley...

:cry:

Oh my D: I've read quite a few of these babysitter urban legends, they're some of my favourites, but that really is a horrible variation O.o My god haha.. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight :P

Babysitting is becoming one dangerous job!

Interesting story, not one I've heard before, Thanks Queen.

• 4 weeks later...
Babysitting is becoming one dangerous job!

Interesting story, not one I've heard before, Thanks Queen.

You're welcome. I would love to hear anyone elses:D

• 5 years later...

LOL this story is great, But how would she have been able to protect the kids I mean come on she couldn't even stand up hahaha. Either way her dedication to her job is inspiring. Great story though I loved it

Edited by GrimmOne
  • Like 2

I prefer the sound of the; stomp .... draaaag , stomp .... draaaag you know, the 'club foot' idea .... but I suppose we could go further and make it a stomp .... 'stump drag' ... and throw in a chain dragging noise as well. :)

creepystalkerc128554278303564865.jpg

• Like 1

rather like the (in)famous "babysitter getting creepy phone calls" story.

Same set up, kids asleep up stairs, loony on the loose and so on.

She gets a phone call "I like your dress" and so on. She's creeped out, but being a brave girl, arms herself and just buckles down and keeps on doing what she was doing. Another call "nice knife" or whatever she armed herself with.

Balls to that, she thinks, and calls the coppers. Naturally, they trace the call and it's either coming from her mobile or upstairs.

End sum "she's in the house with the nutter". Sometimes she finds the kids dead sometimes he's just upstairs under her bed.

Another one has her calling the cops when she sees him in the window - only it's a reflection and he's behind her inside the house.

And the "banging on the roof of the car" story, lovers lane, loony on the loose etc.

Car doesn't start so the boy goes to get help.

Later "bang bang bang" on the roof of the car. Cue freak out.

BANG BANG BANG

Calls coppers.

BANG BANG BANG

You guessed it, loony with the boyfriend's decapitated head on the roof of the car.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A young housesitter calls the owners and says "Can I cover up that clown statue in the kids rooms? It's freaking me out."

They reply "Kids room? Oh my god. We don't have any children. Grab our clown statue and get out of the house!!!"

This a variation on "The Furry Collar", which is based on "The Gentleman From America" written By Michael Arlen in 1924. (Just gave Snopes the heads up on the date)

Looking that up just helped me pin down a book of urban legends I've been trying to put a name to for years:

"Tales For The Midnight Hour," by Judith Bauer Stamper. The first of these pre-dates "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" by 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...