Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is it time to return to the Moon?

moon lunar surface lunar exploration manned

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    Mikenator

Mikenator

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

But already proved fourty years so theres nothing but moon there if there gonna spend money for all that space bases and stuff then they should do it on a planet one closer to us thats stable and stuff I mean it would make more since to me that the moons jus right by us why be father out where your more likely to see stuff in space if they set up telescope

#17    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I think they should save the money by going back to S Kubrick's moonscape they built in the southwest & just take more pics there! It's highly dubious, for many reasons, that they've even been on the moon, judgeing by NASA photo phenomena itself.

#18    Inhuman Implant

Inhuman Implant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

I like how we never went back to the moon in 40 years. That's just retarded, either we are being lied to and there is top secret projects going on up there. Or there is something beyond us up there that we are staying away from. Your pick? you can only narrow this subject down so far, until finally the only thing you can explain is the little green men.

#19    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Some people here have very good points, i know they might sound scifi but what isn't nowdays...inhuman sceptics will say to you " We have no reason to go back up there, there is nothing there.... etc ". Believers will go " There are rare minerals on the surface to be studied, US has military activity going on ( wouldn't suprise me ), abit more extreme; there is some unexplained phenomena going on.... So basically i would say that if 60 years ago they ****had technology**** to go to the moon where is evolution from that technology now??? There are 0 advances in space transport technologies from NASA side, 0 advances on space habitats, 0 advances in all except robotics... Yes we will probably be safe from a comet if we have loads of robots flying around...

My money is set on everyone except US, you steal, you have technological advantage, you are only one on this planet to have such exotic technology at the time, yet you fail hard.. Everything is just a show for NASA  nothing serious.. SpaceX is doing better than them...so is everyone else on this planet..

But if they took the advantage they had.... I would be probably writting about how nice is the weather on Saturn or Venus :D

Short version; This is fishy indeed! xD

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#20    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,341 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostInhuman Implant, on 16 June 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I like how we never went back to the moon in 40 years. That's just retarded, either we are being lied to and there is top secret projects going on up there. Or there is something beyond us up there that we are staying away from. Your pick? you can only narrow this subject down so far, until finally the only thing you can explain is the little green men.
This is one of the most illogical and uninformed posts I have read on any subject In a very long time.

You claim there are only two possibilities, but offer not a scrap of evidence for either. You will happily believe two diametrically opposed, mutually exclusive conspiracy theories, yet totally avoid the most obvious choice, and the one which is actually supported by vast amounts of evidence.

The reason we haven't been back is extremely simple and obvious. There are even posts in this very topic raising those points and using them as an argument against going back now.

The reality is rather mundane, there has been no political will to pay for a return to the moon. It would be an expensive project. The shuttle used up vast amounts of NASA's budget for nearly 4 decades. It is no coincidence that with the grounding of the shuttle, and the freeing up of large percentage of NASA's budget, that eyes are once again turning towards the moon.

There are no little green men involved, no cover up, just plain old politics.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 16 June 2012 - 08:20 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#21    Inhuman Implant

Inhuman Implant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yeah dude i'm very open... (HA! thats what she said!!!) But it still would be crazy to say that we have only been on the moon once, the military and whatever hidden underground bases have technology that is at least 40 years more advanced than what they give us puny citizens today. Dude to them it's like the year 2052, they can do what the hell ever they want, they can probably go to mars. They probably don't even care about money. All it is paper to them but to citizens it's everything. look at gas prices these days... Holy **** thats all you need to know. Money is not a problem there is like billions of us paying all kinds of BS and only a handful of them... But there may be a possibility that NASA is broke but that's because nobody cares about NASA, All of our money is probably going into more important top secret projects that NASA itself don't even know about. The US is in way too much debt. there is so much **** going on that the world don't know about that we probably should know about, the truth is indeed hard to believe, but i chose truth, we are not alone my friend, all it takes is a glance at the stars and hopefully you'll know that we are not alone.

#22    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,841 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

It is sad to think that we never made it.

It would be sad more so if the internal issues of this world stopped us from going again.

#23    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• 1,008 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

A steady advance and contuniation of human spaceflight is necessary for humans to be able to go farther and do more in space (in short, if humanity is to have ANY destiny beyond this one world). A return to the moon would be an important step in that direction.

#24    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostArchosaur, on 17 June 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

A steady advance and contuniation of human spaceflight is necessary for humans to be able to go farther and do more in space (in short, if humanity is to have ANY destiny beyond this one world). A return to the moon would be an important step in that direction.

*wishes there was a 'definitely-don't-like-this' button*

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#25    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostInhuman Implant, on 16 June 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Yeah dude i'm very open... (HA! thats what she said!!!) But it still would be crazy to say that we have only been on the moon once,
i agree with you !!!

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 17 June 2012 - 10:48 PM.
Reduced size of quote. There is no need to quote the whole of a ling post, especially for a single sentence reply.

#26    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,341 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah dude i'm very open...
I have no problem with an open mind when it is prepared to study the evidence and come to an informed and logical conclusion, but just spewing a pile of nonsense based on a total lack of logic and knowledge of a subject is not open-mindedness.

But it still would be crazy to say that we have only been on the moon once
Agreed... There were 6 landings.

the military and whatever hidden undergrond have technology that is at least 40 years more advanced than what they give us puny citizens today. Dude to them it's like the year 2052,
And your evidence for this is?
Again a lack of logic, if it's so secret how can you possibly know it exists. This is just more empty rhetoric from you.

they can do what the hell ever they want, they can probably go to mars.
Evidence? So far not one word of your post is anything except wild guesses on your part.

They probably don't even care about money. All it is paper to them but to citizens it's everything. look at gas prices these days... Holy **** thats all you need to know. Money is not a problem there is like billions of us paying all kinds of BS and only a handful of them... But there may be a possibility that NASA is broke but that's because nobody cares about NASA, All of our money is probably going into more important top secret projects that NASA itself don't even know about.
I'm staying with it in case you actually post something you can back up, but to be honest I'm getting bored waiting.

The US is in way too much debt.
Your nonsense contradicts itself. You just claimed "money isn't a problem for them". Which is it, because I've never come across a nation or an individual which is in too much debt but money isn't a problem. In fact the very definition of being in too much debt is that money IS a problem.

there is so much **** going on that the world don't know about that we probably should know about, the truth is indeed hard to believe, but i chose truth,
No you don't. You have a belief. Just because  you believe something does not make it true.

we are not alone my friend, all it takes is a glance at the stars and hopefully you'll know that we are not alone.
One glance may do that. I've never been satisfied with one glance and so I've been looking at the stars and learning about astronomy for around 40 years. That is why I will base my view of the moon landings on hard evidence and knowledge, nor guess work and wishful thinking.

You maybe right. The aliens maybe here, but there is no evidence to support it. If ever that evidence is provided then I will believe. But as for your drivel about Apollo, not only does the evidence not support you, it overwhelmingly shows you're wrong. Being open minded is about searching for the truth. Study the evidence with a truly open mind (and that means weighing up all the evidence, not simply rejecting it because it doesn't fit your world view). If you do that you will discover that Apollo is just about the most completely documented event in history.

There is not one piece of evidence in your post. Not one logical argument, just unsubstantiated opinion. Logic and evidence are the basis of the scientific method, and this is, after all, the science section.

Now I really think we have taken this off topic enough. Conspiracy theories really belong in the conspiracy section. Discussions of ET contact belong in that section.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#27    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 2,060 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

yes its time to go back  to the  moon

#28    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

There are so many things we don't know about our beautiful moon. For a start I would love to pepper the surface of the moon with gas detectors to get a fix on the strange TLP's that occasionally appear as ethereal clouds then quickly dissipate! What the hell are they? gas? collapsing lava tubes [my own theory]? seismic activity? plasma?
Imagine a moon based telescope operating from the dark side.With ultra low thermal distortion the images would be literally out of this world. Then at some point in the future we will require helium 3 for cold fusion reactors. I'm also sure that the moon is bound to contain sizeable quantities of olivine, rhodium and god only knows what else.
Imagine this scenario. A little rover descends into the darkness of a deep crater automatically tracking it's own way with 3D radar. Hours or days later the little rover that could finds the base six or seven thousand meters beneath the rim. A tiny camera stirs into  life, a servo activates the lights; a signal is received on earth. A dark, dirty; icy half billion year old comet lies in permanent darkness! Let's get our Ar**'s into gear and get there.

Edited by Erudite Celt, 18 June 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#29    Inhuman Implant

Inhuman Implant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

Well long story short, or long we have been to the moon more than once, and i get my evidence from youtube there is tons and tons of evidence on that site and there are other sites too. But most people assume they are just fake because it's uploaded on youtube and it's a joke site but that's really the only way of getting out information to the world so everyone can see it and hopefully spread the word. people are just trying to share there knowledge, beliefs and interests to others. maybe when you see one video about something unbelievable, you would think it's fake, but when you start to see multiple videos popping up everywhere, how many are you going to deny before finally you start to realize? so youtube is amazing, it's basically like everybody taking up for those videos they think are fact and it changes there beliefs or something and then they spread the word about it and then the next people spread the word about it and so on. Like i said you can keep narrowing this subject down but eventually, more and more people are going to be putting up crazy information on youtube that you guys just arent going to believe, but it's real and eventually that's pretty much what youtubes gonna be all about is unexplainable stuff and it's already happening, the world don't revolve around just you, you are not going to accomplish much trying to scientifically figure out everything you don't believe because it's just impossible. and there is some things that science just will never explain, so once you get over that fact then maybe your mind will open a little bit more. Out of all them unexplainable videos on youtube, all it takes is one real one to be fact. you think all them people on youtube spending hours uploading videos and telling there stories are fake. why spend the time? do you think they like spending hours after work uploading videos about something false? Anyways, youtube is my proof and all the millions of videos on it are my proof and don't spend 40 years trying to figure out something on one subject because you are not going to get very far... Or open minded.

#30    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,108 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

i think we will find that it will be a private enterprise that will do a moon run.. Gov's cannot afford it, so it will end up being a joint effort to get us back there, the same will be for Mars, Nasa etc will do the ground work, probes and the like, but getting man back there, will take some serious coin, that no Gov will ever spend on it, they will cop to much flack from the voters "Why are you spending x.3 billion on going to the moon when peole are starving at home, the hospitals suck, and the schools are run down" etc etc etc..

So we will be looking at big business. And the only reason why they would go to any effort like that is the potential money they can make , The moon, He3, different minerals, from the moon if they set up a base, then we will look at asteroid mining, at a guess pharmaceuticals will end up setting up shop either on a moon base, or a LEO station, compounds work and mix differently in low grav.. so new drugs etc.

And I could go on from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users