Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Out Of Place Artifacts

GoPlayonAhighway

An ooparts thread just as I'm getting ready to leave on an anniversary trip with my girlfriend?

Not fair.

I hadn't seen the one with the Russian fossilized machine before.

The Mexican dinosaur statues are 100% fake. I thought the guy who made them confessed..... Yet they still keep showing up in these lists.

The dodecahedrons, I thought, were Roman era candle holders. Each side has a different sized hole, so no matter what size candle you have, you can put it in a hole that will hold it upright.

Edited by DieChecker

William's Enigmalith = Not investigated. But if you'd like to read the very interesting rants of a p***ed off lunatic convinced he has an advanced alien rock that he will sell you for only 500 thousand dollars, just go to the link below. And for those who don't have 500 thousand just laying about, you can also buy his alien artifact detection equipment and find your own 500k rock.

http://www.consumert...et/petradox.htm

Istanbul Spacship (fake) = 25 year old plaster

http://ancientaliens...ocket-debunked/

London Hammer = As J.R. Cole states: "The stone is real, and it looks impressive to someone unfamiliar with geological processes. How could a modern artifact be stuck in Ordovician rock? The answer is that the concretion itself is not Ordovician. Minerals in solution can harden around an intrusive object dropped in a crack or simply left on the ground if the source rock (in this case, reportedly Ordovician) is chemically soluble."[8][9]

https://en.wikipedia...i/London_Hammer

Screws in stone = See "London Hammer" above.

Those are the ones i researched so far, 3 of them debunked and the top one, just plain cray cray. post-153786-0-54476600-1440836672.gif

Edited by xxxdemonxxx
  • Like 1

Ive been interested in out of place/time artifacts for 15+years, and im not 100% positive that current means of dating are entirely accurate!

The videos shows:

#10 - Vandalism of a dinosaur print by some piece of s*** creationist. The addition of toes is a well known case of vandalism

#9 - This is a forgery, a fake made of marble dust and plaster

#8 - The hammer is a typical work hammer with a concretion on it

#7 - Looks like a heating stone sold to keep pet lizards happy

#6 - These are crinoid stems - common fossils

#5 - Looks like belamnites. Go to a rock shop and buy a Moroccan one for your own home

#4 - The video gets the name wrong. It cmes from the island name, not the ship.

#3 - Artwork of animals very likely flying fish

#2 - Another fossil

The video is a really cheesy video with little content other than misrepresentations of the facts including dubious comments about science and scientists and museums.

I thought the video was poor.

• Like 2

The videos in this series are completely misleading. There is no battle between scientists and geologists over the origin of these spheres. That's the sort of nonsense statement that is made to fool people. It certainly suggests that the purpose of the videos is to scam people and not present any facts.

The fossilized machine parts are crinoid stem pieces.

The waffle rock is a natural stone due to the intersection of 4 sets of joints. The video claims that some nuts think it is made by aliens and other nutters think it was caused by an electromagnetic storm. Why doesn't the video give the rational explanation worked out by geologists?

Most of the video has well explained objects.

On to #2, the sandal fossil. This is a mineral splotch found in Utah. The rocks where the trilobites are found has many of these color splotches. These form around nuclei in the rocks, i.e. the trilobite fossils. The creationist that reported the splotch spent a long time discarding splotches until they found some that looked like a footprint or shoe print. Originally there was the claim that the threads from the sewing were visible in the fossil. That was obviously a falsehood.

The #1 item is the "Aztec spaceship". Not only are there misspellings, the image is Mayan.

There are so few words in the video and so many of them are misspelled.

• Like 2

The first set of machine parts are clearly animals.

The second one, however...

The first set of machine parts are clearly animals.

The second one, however...

Which are you talking about. Please give me more info so I can help you figure out what is being erroneously claimed to be a machine part

Is there a list of some sort? It's not really fair to say "sit through this whole video to see what I'm talking about."

Are these the usual debunked sets offered as OOPARTS?

Probably, but I love Ooparts. I agree, I'm away from home all weekend and a list would be preferable so I don't use my mobile data for video.

Well, the still image of the cell phone with cuneiform on it is laughable, at least. I see the letters, "a, b, c" and "p" ...but the other letters were apparently too large or too complex to cut and paste on that old cell phone, so they just used portions of them. And the person holding the "artifact" in their "gloved" hand has obviously never held an artifact before and has on the wrong kind of gloves.

...and that's just from the still image that shows before however long that video is.

Edited to add in a "tourist cuneiform alphabet" that I found on the website. Babylonians used a different set of sounds, but this will give you some idea of how silly the still image is:

MSMS6-76.26117.jpg

Edited by Kenemet

1. Dinosaur Valley Paluxy River Tracks - There are no Human Footprints in the tracks.

http://www.talkorigi...aqs/paluxy.html

2. istanbul Museum SDpaceship??? Naaah- as many have poiunted out- Marble & Plaster...of very recent 25 years ago.

3. London Hammer? Concretion of course...

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/hammer.htm

4. The Williams Engimalith??? Boy....a look at his site gives me a headache... for sale...only $50,000/- and CD RoM (of what??)

http://www.consumert...et/petradox.htm

5. Screws??

crinoids.jpg

6. The Nail in Stone??? pfaaa. A hilti Nail, which has to be fired from a special gun into mansonry/concrete etc.

51jCS52Sy4L._AC_UL320_SR298,320_.jpg

7. The Antykythera mechanism?

http://www.livescien...ek-machine.html

8. Quimbaya Planes/Tolima fighter jets?? - Dragonflies, DFlying Fish, just some damn fishes and insects....cant an ancient artist have some creative licesnse??

http://ancientaliens...a-fighter-jets/

9. The Morozov Microchip???? 1st question is there a "University of Southern Polytechnic Nowoczerkaskiej" after all?????

Does anyone sell a woo woo repellant???

Edited by The_Spartan

The La Mana pyramid is one of dozens of questionable artifacts associated with art curator Klaus Dona. All are unusually neat and clean for something that's supposedly been buried or sitting in a dank tomb for hundreds of years.

Several others also glow under blacklight too. None of the authors who find the fluorescence of the pigments so amazing have apparently ever been in the back of a Spencer's Gifts. Said fluorescence is also a common incidental property of many natural pigments. However, the intensity of all fluorescent pigments does tend to fade over time, so the vividness of those displayed is suspicious to say the least.

Then there's the matter of how Dona and associates managed to acquire so very many unique and seemingly important artifacts from countries which generally have a tight rein on the exportation of antiquities.

• Like 3

While it may sound exciting to think about and believe in, there just wasn't any advanced culture long ago. At least not in the sense of our current advancements. If there were (despite some people saying it would be degraded by now), there would be plenty of evidence. It's that simple.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of those OOPARTS are not fossilized at all. They are just incased in concrete or irrigation or other minerals. If you find a real fossil, the whole (or most of it) specimen/atrifact is replaced by minerals. You can proabably check that cassette for example and find a real cassette inside the concrete. The same with the hammer - hack it out and im sure youll find tree and metal from the hammer - not a fossil.

The fossil is the inside -- not the outside.

Fossilization happens after as short as 100 years (under absolute perfect conditions) and more often 1000s of years, but im sure others can fill me in on the numbers there.

So the fossilizian happens inside the block of minerals -- not on the block of rock itself.

(The hammer could in theory be fossilized if it is 200 years old - i have to say that. But a 200 year old hammer is not interesting)

Loggins

It is if it's this hammer:

Thors_Hammer_6311656.jpg

Harte

It is if it's this hammer:

Thors_Hammer_6311656.jpg

Harte

Uru metal doesn't fossilize. After crafting by magic dwarfs it doesn't change.... ever.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I took the time to look up the aluminum wedge of Auid again and checked to see that t he object was claimed to be found with mastodon bones. The problem there is the mastodon was a group of animals found in the New World. The wedge was found in Romania. It seems that the story of the wedge has some obvious problems.

As with all of these OOPARTs stories there are problems such as the item not being available for study and the story of its provenance being murky.

IIRC, it's an excavator tooth.

Harte

• Like 1

IIRC, it's an excavator tooth.

Harte

Yeah its an alien river dredge!

Sorry I missed the fun these OOParts lists come now almost pre-debunked. There are some interesting items about but from the "why would someone make that", not "this must be alien/advance human, etc.