Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Taxing the Rich

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#76    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,968 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

So you don't think that the top 10% paying 70% of the tax burden is fair?  BTW, the tax rate of the rich in the 50s and 60s ranged in the 70% to 90%.

YES!!!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#77    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,968 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 04 December 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Overall, the poorest end up with about the same amount of breaks in the tax rate that the top 1% do.  I'm not looking at the data right now, but both get about a 12% break off of their tax bracket.

as with political terminology, it seems you have zero understanding of taxes as well.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#78    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

View Postninjadude, on 05 December 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Your household does not print money for one thing.
actually my goverment doesn't print money either the federal reserve does. Don't let the name fool you. Old Ben might be appointed by the prez. but he don't answer to him and given your history of coming to the gun fight with out any bullets I don't figure to get into any deep meaningful conversation with you about the whole utter unconstitutionality of the federal reserve system.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#79    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,696 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

How does that work exactly????    The fed is issued bonds ...for it's permission..  to let the Treasury Dept.  print money?    Can anyone explain the process simply????   PLEASE!?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#80    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,968 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Central bank

Further information: Central bank
In its role as the central bank of the United States, the Fed serves as a banker's bank and as the government's bank. As the banker's bank, it helps to assure the safety and efficiency of the payments system. As the government's bank, or fiscal agent, the Fed processes a variety of financial transactions involving trillions of dollars. Just as an individual might keep an account at a bank, the U.S. Treasury keeps a checking account with the Federal Reserve, through which incoming federal tax deposits and outgoing government payments are handled. As part of this service relationship, the Fed sells and redeems U.S. government securities such as savings bonds and Treasury bills, notes and bonds. It also issues the nation's coin and paper currency. The U.S. Treasury, through its Bureau of the Mint and Bureau of Engraving and Printing, actually produces the nation's cash supply and, in effect, sells the paper currency to the Federal Reserve Banks at manufacturing cost, and the coins at face value. The Federal Reserve Banks then distribute it to other financial institutions in various ways.[35] During the Fiscal Year 2008, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing delivered 7.7 billion notes at an average cost of 6.4 cents per note.[36]https://en.wikipedia..._Reserve_System

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#81    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postninjadude, on 04 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

National economics are in no way comparable to your household budget.

You are seriously in err.  Economics...is economics.   Government Contracts have to be paid...with real money...so does the debt...it has to be paid back with real money.  Government doesn't make money...we do!  Government prints paper..WE make money happen.

Is it totally necessary that one completely disengage themselves from logic to be a liberal?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#82    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,311 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't know Joc, but it sure seems that so many on the Far Religious Right are completely disengaged from logic and critical thinking.... :innocent:

#83    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 07 December 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I don't know Joc, but it sure seems that so many on the Far Religious Right are completely disengaged from logic and critical thinking.... :innocent:

The same can be said for the Far Religious Left.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#84    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,297 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postjoc, on 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Is it totally necessary that one completely disengage themselves from logic to be a liberal?
Have you seen proof to the contrary?
Quinn's law~ liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent. Example: the Great Society Program- beneficiaries of such things have devolved their communities into the most heinous eye sores on American soil. Nothing great about that.

Posted Image

#85    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahah...............Silver Thong was right. I am dying here, breathe, breathe..............hahahahahahahahahah

Posted Image

#86    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,968 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postjoc, on 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

You are seriously in err.  Economics...is economics.

I'm sorry but they are in no way the same.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#87    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Lets not forget that under Obama the debt has increased over a trillion dollars a year, which I'm sure will continue for the duration of his term. Bush left him 10T, he'll leave 20T.

I've always enjoyed thinking of a nice even flat tax, no more de-ductions, no more loop holes. Ya make a dollar the gov gets a dime. period. Ya make a million dollars the gov gets a million dimes.period.

And please don't freak out, I just picked a dime to illustrate the point, make it a quarter or 1 dime, 2 nickles, & 3 pennies,whatever,just keep it simple.

#88    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 07 December 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

I've always enjoyed thinking of a nice even flat tax, no more de-ductions, no more loop holes. Ya make a dollar the gov gets a dime. period. Ya make a million dollars the gov gets a million dimes.period.

I think a flat tax would be wonderfully instructive experiment. Assuming every state and locality got the same spending, based on population, we'd get to see which idiology manages and arranges a set budget better.

Edited by DieChecker, 08 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#89    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 07 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Have you seen proof to the contrary?
Quinn's law~ liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent. Example: the Great Society Program- beneficiaries of such things have devolved their communities into the most heinous eye sores on American soil. Nothing great about that.
Yeah... why is that??? If these people are being helped so well, why are they perpetually poor, and why are their neighborhoods crisis zones?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#90    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,297 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 December 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yeah... why is that??? If these people are being helped so well, why are they perpetually poor, and why are their neighborhoods crisis zones?
Because it was probably planned that way.

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 07 December 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Lets not forget that under Obama the debt has increased over a trillion dollars a year, which I'm sure will continue for the duration of his term. Bush left him 10T, he'll leave 20T.

And please don't freak out, I just picked a dime to illustrate the point, make it a quarter or 1 dime, 2 nickles, & 3 pennies,whatever,just keep it simple.
On top of that I'd like to add that each years budget be planned according to only the money brought in from last years taxes, minus a little bit for an accruing rainy day fund.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users