Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Venzualan fans riot

OverSword

What a bunch of macho idiots. They may change thier minds if a female familia member dies from breast cancer.

breast-cancer-awareness-ribbon.jpg

From the article:

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness, Venezuelan Primera Division side Deportivo Tachira decided to swap its usual black and yellow stripes for a bright pink strip for its match against Atletico Venezuela.

Aurinegro fans, however, were incensed by their club's attempts to try and make them aware of breast cancer, and duly staged a pitch invasion which led to the postponement of the match.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/deportivo-tachira-match-abandoned-fans-riot-over-pink-181919490--sow.html

• Like 1

You took the words right out of my mouth, what a bunch of idiots.

They might change their minds if they got breast cancer. So many have no concern for someone else but expect it when it comes to them. Then they are surprised when they don't get it.

You know what I think the Club should have done?

Either declare a forfeit or wear the uniform as their full time stripe. Maybe both.

Every October, breast cancer awareness month, every team and every official in the NFL adds a copious amount of pink to the uniforms and equipment to raise awareness, and I guarantee they could kick the stuffing out of those puny little soccer players. (that's right, you heard me. American footballers can kick the stuffing out of euro rule footballers) (puts up dukes)

• Like 1

Every October, breast cancer awareness month, every team and every official in the NFL adds a copious amount of pink to the uniforms and equipment to raise awareness, and I guarantee they could kick the stuffing out of those puny little soccer players. (that's right, you heard me. American footballers can kick the stuffing out of euro rule footballers) (puts up dukes)

Sorry... that was a stupid remark!! Almost as stupid as the Venezuelans reaction

• Like 1

That's like saying: This or that heavyweight boxer can kick the living ***** out of this or that badminton player.

How about the NFL'rs took of their sissy armour and face some real euro/australian/NZ rugby players. ;)

There you have flesh on flesh, bone on bone.

[media=]

Regarding the idiotic fans -of Aurinegro- who rioted should all be forced to work at a cancer clinic for two or three months, maybe they learn something.

• Like 1

You only say that because you know Vinnie Jones is not playing anymore!

What's up with all the US American hate for proper football anyway?

• Like 1

That was realy ucalled for, buddy. It was not the soccer players who were rioting but the fans who did not understand the meanig or purpouse for pink.

But, yes, you are right. Any of the american fat football players could crush the lean soccer players providing they can catch them without stopp runing after every two seconds. I preffere the aussy rules rugby. Now that is a mans sport.

• Like 1

But how come? It's a very intense sport that needs plenty of skill.

Skill in acting? As in acting like they have a broken leg, when they get lightly tapped by a player on the other team.

That's why I don't take it seriously, the over acting just to get free kicks.

Edited by Odin11

But how come? It's a very intense sport that needs plenty of skill.

Incase some of you were too dense to understand I was joking and love soccer as we call it in the USA, Canada, and Australia. Flombie, the reason I prefer American football as a spectator sport is that you know when to watch. You know when it's safe to got to the bathroom or get a beer or what ever else. In soccer you may watch an entire 90 minutes but during one of those minutes you get up to pee and miss the only score in the entire game. In the NFL you know when the action takes place and can focus every bit of your attention on it.

edit to add; Go Seattle Sounders FC! made it to 2nd round!! :clap:

Edited by OverSword

I disagree aztek. I would say that more kids play soccer than baseball these days in the USA. I'm 48 and I played on a team for many years as a kid so this is nothing new.

i don't see it around me, baseball, am foobal, bball, those are major games i see kids play, soccer and lacrosse are little played,. girls play soccer in gym class, as boys play am. football, but not in every scool. actually living in nyc i see ppl play soccer a lot more than in other cities, for 2 reasons, there is a lot of scholls\kids here, and there are many immigrants here that played soccer in their native countries. but if we take entire america, soccer isn't nearly as popular as traditionl american games.

i know plenty of european immigrants, that watch , and follow soccer, but their kids for the most part couldn't care less about soccer.

Over here on the west coast it's pretty big. Maybe you're unaware of the New York Red Bulls, your local MLS team? Or in the 60's 70's and early 80's the NY Cosmos, the American league team that the great Pele' played for? I almost guarantee you that where you live more kids play pee-wee soccer than pee-wee football.

(that's right, you heard me. American footballers can kick the stuffing out of euro rule footballers)

Please, a bunch of Boy Scouts could do that!

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how the people running this one charity have so effectively marketed their cause. From corporate and special merchandising tags to professional sports, those pink ribbons are everywhere. I'd be curious to see how much goes to breast cancer patients and research.

• Like 1