Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does Kasich beat Clinton?

F3SS

We've all seen and heard about the polls. Kasich beats Clinton and Bernie handily in all these polls. It's as if the pollsters only poll Ohio republicans on this. I don't get it and I have yet to hear a convincing explanation if any at all besides that he is the most middle of the road. Is that really what's going to beat Clinton? He can't beat any of his republican rivals. What's he have, a few dozen delegates? We are often told Trump doesn't stand a chance because while he is winning amongst his rivals the actual votes show that he has no support amongst over 60% of republicans. Wouldn't that mean that Kasich has no support amongst like 90% or so according to the votes so far?

What do you all make of this anomalous polling stat?

• Like 4

because he's a moderate. He's not offensive. He's not responsible for the deaths of Americans. He's not a "Communist".

In effect, he's everything all the others aren't.

• Like 2

because he's a moderate. He's not offensive. He's not responsible for the deaths of Americans. He's not a "Communist".

In effect, he's everything all the others aren't.

In other words he won't get nominated...

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 4

As a democrat, I would absolutely vote for Kasich over Bernie or Hillary. I would never even consider Trump or Cruz. I consider myself socially liberal, but fiscally moderate, and I think he would pull in enough of the democratic vote to win.

• Like 3

Kasich is the incarnation of "generic Republican" against which Hillary keep losing in polls.

• Like 1

As a democrat, I would absolutely vote for Kasich over Bernie or Hillary. I would never even consider Trump or Cruz. I consider myself socially liberal, but fiscally moderate, and I think he would pull in enough of the democratic vote to win.

This was my thought. His support would be heavy with Dems who are sick of the same old. The problem though is whether he could still get conservatives to vote for him. I think most will. He would benefit from the ABC contingent...ANYBODY BUT CLINTON

Governor is the best job on a resume to have to know if someone is qualified for President. It's basically the same job on a smaller scale. It's the perfect experience. And John Kasich did a great job in Ohio. He's got my vote in the bag if a miracle happens and he makes it to November. The vanilla-bean republican, the coalition-building neocon foreign interventionist that he is, and he's still got my vote. Because the difference between Kasich and Trump is that Kasich's not a giant douche, and the difference between Kasich and Clinton is that Kasich is not a turd sandwich.

• Like 2

Governor is the best job on a resume to have to know if someone is qualified for President. It's basically the same job on a smaller scale. It's the perfect experience. And John Kasich did a great job in Ohio. He's got my vote in the bag if a miracle happens and he makes it to November. The vanilla-bean republican, the coalition-building neocon foreign interventionist that he is, and he's still got my vote. Because the difference between Kasich and Trump is that Kasich's not a giant douche, and the difference between Kasich and Clinton is that Kasich is not a turd sandwich.

I would add that he isn't NEARLY as dangerous as Trump. Were Trump elected we'd just be changing Narcissist in Chief. The one possible advantage I could imagine would be that our enemies might well be scared of him because he seems so unstable - like they felt about Reagan :)
  • Like 1

I wouldn't vote for him even if it meant Clinton would win. Sure most republicans would vote for him if they have no other choice but since they aren't voting for him in the primary I would say they would prefer someone else. I think he needs to drop out of the race. He also has a reputation of being a a**hole.

The education mess in Ohio under Gov. John Kasich

John Kasich Goes All In For Amnesty: Illegals ‘Made In The Image Of The Lord’

Ohio losing high-paying manufacturing jobs under Kasich

Reminder: John Kasich Is Also Evil

• Like 1

This was my thought. His support would be heavy with Dems who are sick of the same old. The problem though is whether he could still get conservatives to vote for him. I think most will. He would benefit from the ABC contingent...ANYBODY BUT CLINTON

I would also vote for Ryan over the democrats. Mainly because I believe he truly wants the parties to work together, which is by far more important than who is in office.

• Like 1

If it does go to convention, the republicans could theoretically pick anyone they wanted to run. Ryan, Romney, etc. Most likely the candidate they choose, would be the one that the numbers state could beat the democrats. Kasich fitting that description.

I do think Trump pretty much ruined it for the republicans this election, however. He is going to leech to many votes away in the event of a convention decision. Especially if he gets all huffy and runs third party.

• Like 2

If it does go to convention, the republicans could theoretically pick anyone they wanted to run. Ryan, Romney, etc. Most likely the candidate they choose, would be the one that the numbers state could beat the democrats. Kasich fitting that description.

I do think Trump pretty much ruined it for the republicans this election, however. He is going to leech to many votes away in the event of a convention decision. Especially if he gets all huffy and runs third party.

And then to the opposite of that, you got some Repubs threatening to go 3rd party with their own candidate if Trump does get the Repub nomination. Man they're all screwing the Republican party pooch both ways here. If I didn't know better, I'd swear this is all a setup for Hillery to win one way or the other.

Whatever the feck is going on with this dumbass party, they need to quit bickering and get their crap together and stand behind somebody no matter who it is. Because right now, they're shooting themselves in the foot again.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 1

I would add that he isn't NEARLY as dangerous as Trump. Were Trump elected we'd just be changing Narcissist in Chief. The one possible advantage I could imagine would be that our enemies might well be scared of him because he seems so unstable - like they felt about Reagan :)

Reagan had a conservative record but threw the 1964 and 1976 fiscally conservative Reagan out the window once in office. I was just born after he took office so I basically wasn't alive to know how he was perceived? How was it unstable? I never heard of that. He wasn't unstable until after he got into office, right? I would have been fooled to think he'd be a real fiscal conservative once in power if I could have voted back then. But Donald's johnny come lately conservatism? I won't get fooled again. People are wrong 99% of the time about a political candidate being who they think he is even if he was actually consistent to the party or ideology. The chances of Donald Trump proving to be a conservative President that won't require Republicans to bow down and sacrifice their values and principles they claimed they had? I'd give the chances as being between 0.0 and 0.1

• Like 1

I agree with Cruz in that how can you win the office if you lose in 49 states in the Primary? Plus, Kasich isn’t the front runner, so he doesn’t have the same target on him. If he were to get the nomination, the MSM will have him down double digits to Clinton or Sanders even before he walks up on stage to accept the nomination. The only way Kasich is going to see the inside of the Oval Office without buying a ticket is to bring his delegates into the Trump camp. This goes for Cruz too, which ever one decides to take VP will end the circus and unite the Party almost over night. It will eviscerate the Establishment but this is what is needed. This will also assure an uncontested run as President either in 4 or 8 years. Beside, he gave a great resume on Hannity tonight on how he thinks the VP should handle the details on certain issues. That would be perfect for Kasich.

John Kasich was terrific on CNN tonight. He's got far better ideas than Donald Trump. He's a golf playing neocon who rides to Washington when Rumsfeld calls in the banners. But he thinks deeply about issues and has good values and common sense. He's not a President who will p*** 33% of the world off and cause all sorts of untold problems the checkers players never saw coming.

I agree with Cruz in that how can you win the office if you lose in 49 states in the Primary?

You don't participate in the two-party primaries at all, run independently, and get votes in the general election. Oh, I know. The Two Party Crystal Ball of Inevitability - 5

Yamato you were born after Reagan left office? I'm shocked.

After Jimmy Carter. If I had been born earlier he'd be the best President in my lifetime by a solar system. I have to go back to the '70s to find the last vestiges of fiscal sanity. Hear me now believe me later, the credit economy born in the '80s will be our downfall.

Bill Clinton is the 2nd best President in my lifetime because he didn't exponentially raise the debt of our nation, he turned the curve the other way and balanced the budget. So I look at "conservatives" and I have to wonder what they're even good for. The social conservatism part?

• Like 1

Hell, Bill Clinton is probably the #1 President in my lifetime. Ronald Reagan is 2nd. I'll take BJs in the Oral Office over Iran-Contra anytime any day.

For the Emailers and Snowden Haters among us, shouldn't we have put the whistle blowers in jail for blowing the lid off Iran-Contra? They didn't respect the Top Secret information. Why weren't they burned at the stake for their treason?