Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

gat marriage maria miller

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#16    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 11 December 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ah of course. The bible says one thing but oh wait, you've got this out so you don't have to follow it. But if other people don't follow something that's equally ridiculous you do the christian thing of saying they're 'not real christians'.

Look back at what I read. I purposely used examples of things that most people of good conscience would never even consider. Yet at points in the bible, it ok's them. My point being Just because something is in the bible doesn't mean it's ok or right. Clearly you missed my point.
face palm facepalm facepalm facepalm
there were no christians before jesus (JESUS CHRISTians), god was only for the jews and the jews agreed to follow god laws. jesus made it so that every one in the world could be one of gods children.
i understand the point your making, im just saying that it lacks any worth as its all ignorant ravings that arnt based on fact as you your self say you havent read the bible. im not saying your an ignorant person about everything just the bible and think if you cared so little about it you shouldnt comment on it and if you want to comment on something you should read the bible as its the basis for all arguments for and against christians.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#17    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Face palms self to death as to not be involved in this topic any more.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#18    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

there were no christians before jesus (JESUS CHRISTians), god was only for the jews and the jews agreed to follow god laws. jesus made it so that every one in the world could be one of gods children.
i understand the point your making, im just saying that it lacks any worth as its all ignorant ravings that arnt based on fact as you your self say you havent read the bible. im not saying your an ignorant person about everything just the bible and think if you cared so little about it you shouldnt comment on it and if you want to comment on something you should read the bible as its the basis for all arguments for and against christians.

Why should I read something that inspires hate, intolerence, death and torture? Ah yes, because it's somehow the word of god. Because it's somehow relevent to what Jesus said, even though it was codified 5 centuries after Jesus' death and had been added to by many people over that time.To be honest, none of it seems like it's reliable because of that.

What it is, is laws written by people who made claims it was from god. And while, yes some may be things from Jesus himself a lot of it is actually filler. Let me ask you, how much of the bible is actually about jesus and how much is the teachings of others before and after him? If the teachings of jesus really are so important, why is there so much of those others and why are they held in suuch high regard?

Edited by shadowhive, 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,028 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I didn't see where he said there were christians before Jesus.

And where does Jesus speak of gays or gay marriage?

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

They can't allow gays to marry, it is too twisted.. If gays are allowed to marry, it will send a wave of divorces across our land.. Before you know it, thousands of straight couples will find themselves possessed by gay demons and ultimately will end in divorce .. People will all turn gay..  The gay demons  love this, they want all churches  to allow gay marriages, so that can give them the power to infect us all..

Why do you think so many people are possessed by gay demons?  Because some places have already made gay marriage legal... This cannot happen...I am waiting on the day my own husband comes home and says.. " I'm gay  and it's not going to go away, so get used to it "  Oh my god,  won't somebody PLEASE think of the children :cry: :passifier:

*tongue in cheek*

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 December 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Like I said in my last post: just because they're in the bible doesn't make them right and doesn't mean they should be followed.
Sorry to snip your post so short Shadowhive,but this^ deserves applause. :tu: (there's no clapping emoticon?)
And yes,I consider myself a Christian.Even if some don't.A Christian who wholeheartedly accepts gay marriage,despite what the bible says about it.
I live in the 21st century.A time that is far and removed from a set of books that were written for an entirely different culture and generation.I choose the wisdom I take from the bible.
And if the Jesus from Christian tradition did(does) exist...I'm sure he would have no problem with it either.
Just my thoughts.Sorry if anyone doesn't agree.

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#22    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Christians should know that this is all according to plan, everything is supposed to go to hell before it's eventually fixed. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? That pales in comparison to Revelations.

#23    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostDash--, on 11 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Sorry to snip your post so short Shadowhive,but this^ deserves applause. :tu: (there's no clapping emoticon?)
And yes,I consider myself a Christian.Even if some don't.A Christian who wholeheartedly accepts gay marriage,despite what the bible says about it.
I live in the 21st century.A time that is far and removed from a set of books that were written for an entirely different culture and generation.I choose the wisdom I take from the bible.
And if the Jesus from Christian tradition did(does) exist...I'm sure he would have no problem with it either.
Just my thoughts.Sorry if anyone doesn't agree.

Thanks. :) It's good to know there's actually a christian that things like that because so may seem to be so rigid it makes them come off as stupid and stuck centuries in the past. But honestly, I'm glad you said that cause it reminds me that there really are some sane ones (and it does make me glad to know that).

Edited by shadowhive, 11 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#24    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,622 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Like I tell my friends, y'all should have to get married and suffer like the rest of us. :P

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Like I tell my friends, y'all should have to get married and suffer like the rest of us. :P

Exactly, why should we suffer and the gays not? lol...

What I find confusing and funny is, when I hear someone say - A gay lifestyle..What the heck is a gay lifestyle?

#26    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I find it hilarious when I look at the word Gay in the whole sense of the word. Seriously look at the past history of marriage where most of it was forced for business. If you weren't married you could be seen as Gay(Pleasant and cheerful/Happy because you are a bachelor not forced in to a union for monetary benefit, not the current popular meaning homosexual which stems from this ).

Every time I see the church trying to ban gay marriage, I giggle because it shows what they really want to make illegal. People being happy. Which really shows what kind of group they are.

#27    KrowMax

KrowMax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Also The Philippines Church Banned the gay merriage..But For Me it's totally legal as long as they are happy with each other  why not...??Hmmm..

Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#28    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 11 December 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Why should I read something that inspires hate, intolerence, death and torture? Ah yes, because it's somehow the word of god. Because it's somehow relevent to what Jesus said, even though it was codified 5 centuries after Jesus' death and had been added to by many people over that time.To be honest, none of it seems like it's reliable because of that.

What it is, is laws written by people who made claims it was from god. And while, yes some may be things from Jesus himself a lot of it is actually filler. Let me ask you, how much of the bible is actually about jesus and how much is the teachings of others before and after him? If the teachings of jesus really are so important, why is there so much of those others and why are they held in suuch high regard?

Blasphemy!

Its peoples beliefs you're fighting against.

#29    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 12 December 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Blasphemy!

Its peoples beliefs you're fighting against.

:-*

Sometimes people's beliefs need to be fought against. We fought against rascism and sexism, even though those beliefs were held by people (and held up by religion). This is no different.

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

If the entire western world legalises gay marriage,  that is a true sign of -  The end of times, because that is the final seal to be broken for Lucifer to come out of his cage and we are doomed !!!!   LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users