Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Syria mixes chemical weapons into bombs

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Likely in reference to the fact that this is highly suspected, but not fully confirmed(at least publicly)

Could be nothing more than them moving those weapons farther away from those whom might steal them.
Hard to say at this point. Guess we'll find-out soon enough.

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,614 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Posted Imagelightly, on 06 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

another invisible man report

View Postand then, on 06 December 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

What does this mean?

The   invisible man  is the un- named   "Senior U.S. Official"   who  "told Fox News" . Why can't we know this shadowy figure's name?????? And WHO the H is "Fox News" ? Not only don't we get the name of the official ,  we also don't get the name of the fox news person .   I like to know WHO is telling us these things.
   It makes me suspicious of the validity of any report from Un named Officials, or  sources,  or other ends of horses.

I've noticed lately,  that sometimes the truth isn't even true!

Edited by lightly, 07 December 2012 - 01:42 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Was not that long ago that Colin Powell ( who was at the time a fairly respected official) was telling the U.S., the U.N. and the world at large that Saddam has "weapons of masss destruction" and that if we didn;t go in there and get them they would be used by Al queda and such. Needless to say we still have not found any.  So to simply believe the gov this time and be all gung-ho to go in to Syria would be rather foolish. IF Assad in fact does use the amount of Chem weapons he does have then fine we as the U.N> as a who;e should deal with him and a threat to the world; but there is no reason for the U.S. to have to be the cowboy in this situation.

#19    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Its time to bomb syria.

#20    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 07 December 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Its time to bomb syria.

I think their own country is doing that well enough alone.

#21    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,357 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 07 December 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Its time to bomb syria.

Whatcha got to bomb it with?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#22    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,240 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postlightly, on 07 December 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Posted Imagelightly, on 06 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

another invisible man report

The   invisible man  is the un- named   "Senior U.S. Official"   who  "told Fox News" . Why can't we know this shadowy figure's name?????? And WHO the H is "Fox News" ? Not only don't we get the name of the official ,  we also don't get the name of the fox news person .   I like to know WHO is telling us these things.
   It makes me suspicious of the validity of any report from Un named Officials, or  sources,  or other ends of horses.

I've noticed lately,  that sometimes the truth isn't even true!
I see, thanks for explaining the reference.  If these weapons get used maybe the invisible man will come forward to claim his credit for warning us.  And if, God forbid, some of this stuff got used at a superbowl game or a Christmas Eve shopping mall we can just say that CIA pulled a false flag also..that how it goes?  I understand the cynicism and believe some of it is a healthy balance but the world has known about Assad's chem weapons program from multiple sources for decades.  And for the record - I predict that if he isn't deposed quickly then we will soon get all the proof anyone would ever desire - in high def.  As to sending in US troops - I have consistently been against it and still am.  THIS stuff is so "special" that it gets it's own bases to be stored at and that's a good thing militarily.  It means it can be easily, accurately targeted from the air and destroyed by thermobaric bombardment.  No civilian casualties at all unless the stuff isn't properly burned by the weapons.  Hopefully if there are any civilians living close buy they will run when the bombs start falling.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#23    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,166 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Sadam did have gas weapons,he killed thousand of people with them. The US gave a month warning before going in, plenty of time to get them out of country. The US  knows that Assad is now loading these weapons getting ready to use them and may give them to some terrorist groups, that what Hillery is saying.All Obama had said so far to Syria, if you use them you will pay the conquences..Apparently Obama is going on vacation and is not concern about the country going over the fistal cliff or Syria.

#24    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,614 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

View Postand then, on 07 December 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

I see, thanks for explaining the reference.  If these weapons get used maybe the invisible man will come forward to claim his credit for warning us.  And if, God forbid, some of this stuff got used at a superbowl game or a Christmas Eve shopping mall we can just say that CIA pulled a false flag also..that how it goes?  I understand the cynicism and believe some of it is a healthy balance but the world has known about Assad's chem weapons program from multiple sources for decades.  And for the record - I predict that if he isn't deposed quickly then we will soon get all the proof anyone would ever desire - in high def.  As to sending in US troops - I have consistently been against it and still am.  THIS stuff is so "special" that it gets it's own bases to be stored at and that's a good thing militarily.  It means it can be easily, accurately targeted from the air and destroyed by thermobaric bombardment.  No civilian casualties at all unless the stuff isn't properly burned by the weapons.  Hopefully if there are any civilians living close buy they will run when the bombs start falling.

... official sources     (lightly)  have no further comment at this time.  :ph34r:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#25    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,806 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postpallidin, on 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Likely in reference to the fact that this is highly suspected, but not fully confirmed(at least publicly)

Could be nothing more than them moving those weapons farther away from those whom might steal them.
Hard to say at this point. Guess we'll find-out soon enough.

That makes no sense. You don't combine the chemicals, essentially activating them, to move them. I do not believe any military commander would be stupid enough to do that.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#26    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Most likely propaganda.

View PostRaptor Witness, on 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

It's hard not to admire the U.S. military at a time like this, because the potential for good here is great.

There may be a chance to change the course of history at this juncture, but I would not wade in without the Russians. There's no reason that Putin can't add "hero" to his resume.

My strong sense is that Panetta and Hillary are negatives here, and I'm a big fan of hers.  This calls for a special knight on the chess board, possibly a European statesman with some past ties to Syria's wellbeing.

What an Ironic video. "I saved the world today and it shows all the destruction. These children in these videos are mostly from OUR bombs.

There is no heroes in these modern wars, just people doing the wrong thing, but thinking it's the right thing.

If the US/UK military etc are heroes then why do we not save the innocent people in Africa who want to be saved? They are treated far worse than people in they Middle East. Oh it's because it's not part of the governments agenda that's why.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#27    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,240 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostCoffey, on 07 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Most likely propaganda.

What an Ironic video. "I saved the world today and it shows all the destruction. These children in these videos are mostly from OUR bombs.

There is no heroes in these modern wars, just people doing the wrong thing, but thinking it's the right thing.

If the US/UK military etc are heroes then why do we not save the innocent people in Africa who want to be saved? They are treated far worse than people in they Middle East. Oh it's because it's not part of the governments agenda that's why.
Like, for example, trying to feed the starving and provide AIDS drugs?  Last I checked America was doing a bit of that.... and you might remember a place called Somalia in the 90's.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#28    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,438 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Civil war.  Let them sort it out.  There is no reason to go there.  Yeah, I wish we could save everone in the world from themselves too, but you can't.  And you shouldn't.

View Postand then, on 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Like, for example, trying to feed the starving and provide AIDS drugs?  Last I checked America was doing a bit of that.... and you might remember a place called Somalia in the 90's.
Yeah, and how did that whole Somalia thing work out for you?  And if you had a clue as to how we help them by giving them loans through the IMF, and how exactly all of that works you would see it's all part of a debt slavery scam.  Not that there aren't plenty of private American charities doing great works in Africa but the government is not one of them.

Edited by OverSword, 07 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#29    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postand then, on 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

When does the US government do this, it's charities etc that do that.

Also not surprised they give Aids aid. It was the US part of Bayer pharmaceuticals that spread Aids in Africa by selling HIV contaminated drugs there. And yes they did know they where HIV contaminated because Bayer had already been caught in the US and Europe for it and all that happened was that they were not allowed to sell those drugs again in the US or Europe but they carried on selling them in Africa.

For some reason not a lot of people know about this and it's one of the worst things in our "modern" history. This company carries on being the leading pharmaceutical supplier in the world. They even supply most of the drugs you can buy off the shelf. (like Rennie's etc)

Edited by Coffey, 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#30    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

It is not totally inconceivable that Russia could take control of such weapon stocks. It would be difficult and need nerves of steel and commonsense and at least some co-operation from Syrian rebels. Anybody noticed any unusual troop movements out of Ryazan recently....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users