Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

#661    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postconstantine_337, on 09 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Couple of questions. (BTW havent successfully projected yet) but sometimes when I lie down and its quiet, I feel and hear a helicopter type sound. Its more of a feeling then a sound and its very faint. Also, sometimes through out the day my body feels very energetic or vibrational. Its hard to explain and it comes and goes randomly. Its almost like a buzz in my chest area.

Does anyone experience this?
Yes .. I rarely experience powerful vibrations anymore... This is almost exactly what I experience now pre exit.

Edited by Seeker79, 09 November 2012 - 11:54 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#662    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,305 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostMandragoran, on 09 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hi pplz

My dream or projection or something?
PS. I'll spend some time reading this thread now.. hehe

Thanks & Regards,
Mandragoran
Ohhhhh, that was AP alright..
Well done.. :)

I've read your post a few times now, and I can see where you succeeded with intention, which is where I'm failing..

Thanks for posting..

Welcome to UM.

#663    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hello everyone,

I specifically joined to participate in this thread, even though I've been an avid lurker on this website for the past few months now. It seems that I have a lot to catch up on as I've only read the first few pages of this thread the other day when I first found it and upon reading it I decided to take up Astral Projection again as it's been a long time since my last projection which up until last night I've only ever done just once. Last time, I managed to Astral Project 3x within an hours. Now, I've never talked to anyone about this or joined any other discussions so I happen to have a few questions of my own.  

My first time I projected was through a lucid dream. I woke up, knowing I was dreaming while still awake and decided to check up on myself in bed. I was already in my house at the time of the dream so I didn't have to travel far to get there. I go upstairs into my room and on my bed I see myself even though it was Dark but still could see a shadowy figure and at the end of the bed, I saw my dog sleeping exactly where he was laying before I went to bed. I assumed right away then, that I was in the Astral Plane instead of a dream and that's when I took off and started to learn how to fly as that was the first thing I wanted to do. I failed the first couple of tries tying to fly and then all of a sudden I managed to do it and now it's like riding a bike because I happened to do it again last night easily.

Now here is my question, last night I didn't feel the vibrations but I did feel as if I got pushed out of my body across the other side of the room. I stand up, I see myself sleeping on one side of the room and I see my room mate sleeping on the other side of the room. So, I remembered somebody talked about in this thread about repairing his ACL in the hospital by projecting and putting his hands around the area that was torn and apparently he woke up feeling 100%. So, due to the fact that I'm deaf in one ear, and 80% loss in the other I decided to put my hands to my ears and think to myself about fixing my hearing loss but when I did that, a strange feeling came over me and I woke up. I don't know what happened, but I still woke up the same as I was before which didn't surprise me because I was very skeptic about it regardless.

So, I go back to closing my eyes to re-attempt to project and I did. Here I am, standing in the same room again look at myself on the floor and my room mate on the other side and I decided I wanted to see my daughter who lives 1500 miles away from me so I ran out the door and I think I actually jumped through my door and took off flying and all I could see was white and I woke because there was nothing but white and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Am I really just Lucid dreaming or am I really projecting? I honestly don't know the difference. I'm a very selfless, ego-less person because of what the way I am and what I've been through in life and I guess that's the reason why I was able to project easier in just a few days of trying unlike most people who spend months and months and are still unable to project. Also, does any one have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

I would really appreciate the advice, and thanks in advance. It's a shame there's no drug talk allowed on this thread because I know a way to induce Astral Projection through means of a legal drug which I DON'T recommend people to do because of how harsh it is, not to mention it literally feels like dying and brings a sense of 'ego-death' which is why I mentioned above, that I was a selfless ego-less person and 3 months, once a week of doing such drug can do that to a person and can changed the lives of many and even cure depression as it has for me.

I hope I'll be able to contribute to this thread, in one way or another. I look forward to reading what someone of you bright members have to say. It's finally nice to join.

Regards,

Mark.

#664    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

View Postmichaelpast, on 09 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

So i would try to stay consciously awake while physically falling asleep. As soon i feel violent vibrations, i exit by rolling and sitting up or visualization techniques?

Yep, that's the gist of it.  Unfortunately, for most(including me), it's much easier said than done.

Best of luck!

#665    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostTheProphetMark, on 10 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

I specifically joined to participate in this thread, even though I've been an avid lurker on this website for the past few months now. It seems that I have a lot to catch up on as I've only read the first few pages of this thread the other day when I first found it and upon reading it I decided to take up Astral Projection again as it's been a long time since my last projection which up until last night I've only ever done just once. Last time, I managed to Astral Project 3x within an hours. Now, I've never talked to anyone about this or joined any other discussions so I happen to have a few questions of my own.  

My first time I projected was through a lucid dream. I woke up, knowing I was dreaming while still awake and decided to check up on myself in bed. I was already in my house at the time of the dream so I didn't have to travel far to get there. I go upstairs into my room and on my bed I see myself even though it was Dark but still could see a shadowy figure and at the end of the bed, I saw my dog sleeping exactly where he was laying before I went to bed. I assumed right away then, that I was in the Astral Plane instead of a dream and that's when I took off and started to learn how to fly as that was the first thing I wanted to do. I failed the first couple of tries tying to fly and then all of a sudden I managed to do it and now it's like riding a bike because I happened to do it again last night easily.

Now here is my question, last night I didn't feel the vibrations but I did feel as if I got pushed out of my body across the other side of the room. I stand up, I see myself sleeping on one side of the room and I see my room mate sleeping on the other side of the room. So, I remembered somebody talked about in this thread about repairing his ACL in the hospital by projecting and putting his hands around the area that was torn and apparently he woke up feeling 100%. So, due to the fact that I'm deaf in one ear, and 80% loss in the other I decided to put my hands to my ears and think to myself about fixing my hearing loss but when I did that, a strange feeling came over me and I woke up. I don't know what happened, but I still woke up the same as I was before which didn't surprise me because I was very skeptic about it regardless.

So, I go back to closing my eyes to re-attempt to project and I did. Here I am, standing in the same room again look at myself on the floor and my room mate on the other side and I decided I wanted to see my daughter who lives 1500 miles away from me so I ran out the door and I think I actually jumped through my door and took off flying and all I could see was white and I woke because there was nothing but white and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Am I really just Lucid dreaming or am I really projecting? I honestly don't know the difference. I'm a very selfless, ego-less person because of what the way I am and what I've been through in life and I guess that's the reason why I was able to project easier in just a few days of trying unlike most people who spend months and months and are still unable to project. Also, does any one have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

I would really appreciate the advice, and thanks in advance. It's a shame there's no drug talk allowed on this thread because I know a way to induce Astral Projection through means of a legal drug which I DON'T recommend people to do because of how harsh it is, not to mention it literally feels like dying and brings a sense of 'ego-death' which is why I mentioned above, that I was a selfless ego-less person and 3 months, once a week of doing such drug can do that to a person and can changed the lives of many and even cure depression as it has for me.

I hope I'll be able to contribute to this thread, in one way or another. I look forward to reading what someone of you bright members have to say. It's finally nice to join.

Regards,

Mark.
Hi mark it sounds like you are doing alright. I draw lines between dreaming and projecting, but others don't. It's really just a continuum of conciousness anyway.

You are not doing anything wrong. It took me a very long time to learn control and it is still not something I have mastered. It's like learning to walk.

I did attempt healing on my acl. When you stick your hands in another person your awareness will start to spread through them. If you do it to yourself the odd feeling you are feeling I think is a feed back loop. Afterall it is you feeling yourself. Try to really focus on the individual  parts. Pick up a book on anatomy of the ear, and really know the different parts. Then dive down into the problem on a cellular level.

Good luck

Edited by Seeker79, 10 November 2012 - 02:27 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#666    constantine_337

constantine_337

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Love is the law of the universe. Hatred is a disease that kills nations.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Why is it so hard for most to tune into are own spirituality? Why is it that some can do it at will while others like me strive so hard to achieve this? Will we ever be able to just do it at will?

Posted Image

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

#667    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postconstantine_337, on 10 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Why is it so hard for most to tune into are own spirituality? Why is it that some can do it at will while others like me strive so hard to achieve this? Will we ever be able to just do it at will?

You don't need to journey to be spiritual my friend. There could lye the problem. Desire is sponsored by scarcity. Sponsoring thoughts are what we get from the deep places. Focus on surrender instead of forcing the issue.

Bruce Lee-

#668    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postconstantine_337, on 10 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

I believe that people who don't acknowledge their own ego is the reason why it's hard for most people to tune into their own spirituality. This is why some body have to meditate for months in order to accomplish it while others can do it in a matter of weeks or days even. I attempted to project last night but failed, which I blame for having too much on mind last night.

Like someone said, it's like riding a bike which it is because even though at the beginning I feel I'm in control but the longer you stay in the harder it is to maintain that control while projecting. So the more a person does it, the easier it will be which actually make sense.

I'm only a beginner now, and I'm going to work on it every night until it's perfected. Experts were once beginners. Never say it's impossible, because I can assure you all that it's NOT. It's very real, so don't give up because it's truly a great experience. Even the flying alone makes it worthwhile but I'm sure there are things far better then flying. Next time, I'm going to call out my spirit guide for help as soon as I project so I don't forget to do it. It seems our memory gets wiped rather quickly while projecting but I assume that it gets easier as you learn to control it and you will be able to recall back a lot of things and be more aware then.

#669    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 10 November 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Yep, that's the gist of it.  Unfortunately, for most(including me), it's much easier said than done.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I guess you were right about the feed back part as that's probably what it felt like. Instead of trying to help myself, I'll help others instead. It's better to be selfless anyways so next time I'll try to heal my room mates leg.

#670    constantine_337

constantine_337

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Love is the law of the universe. Hatred is a disease that kills nations.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

You don't need to journey to be spiritual my friend. There could lye the problem. Desire is sponsored by scarcity. Sponsoring thoughts are what we get from the deep places. Focus on surrender instead of forcing the issue.

Could you further explain please?

Posted Image

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

#671    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postconstantine_337, on 12 November 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Could you further explain please?
"why is it so hard?"

Your desire is your block. Your desire is sponsored by not being able to do it,,,,, you are going to get what your sponsoring thoughts are. In this case your sponsoring emotions are one of lak. People with this problem don't usually progress until they simply give up but still practice.

Giving up is sponsored by an emotion of surrender. This effectively removes the block because you are no longer focused on what you don't have. If you can manage to somehow be grateful this is even better.

Bruce Lee-

#672    Marial-K

Marial-K

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 12 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

"why is it so hard?"

Your desire is your block. Your desire is sponsored by not being able to do it,,,,, you are going to get what your sponsoring thoughts are. In this case your sponsoring emotions are one of lak. People with this problem don't usually progress until they simply give up but still practice.

Giving up is sponsored by an emotion of surrender. This effectively removes the block because you are no longer focused on what you don't have. If you can manage to somehow be grateful this is even better.
I need to work one this as well.

#673    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Seeker is right. The problem is you get a glimpse of what can be, and of what is possible and it initially changes everything. But then the ego mind wants to take the process off to the "rehearsed mindset" and push it into the forefront, whereas it was not involved when you had the first glimpse/ experience. It was not involved because you didn't know what to expect.

There is a frustrating period to go through it seems to learn how to master intention correctly. If you use desire and wants over intention, you seem to commit a very different part of your mind to the task, and as seeker said it communicates quite a different thing on other levels.

The other thing which can block the process is the ego too, it's need to control everything has to be put in place first as well as calming down the emotions. It's the emotional attachment to desires and resistance and what not that stem from the ego mindset.

All i can communicate is, that when you are in the correct mode for projecting, it is effortless, once you are out you are fully absorbed in just being in the moment. So i think there has to be a certain level of allowance and trust in yourself. It might sound odd to say that, but fears can create blocks too and many people when it comes down to it,  do fear letting themselves just be. Heck people can spend a lifetime just building a facade to hide all that they are to just be accepted and liked by their peers.

You hear it all the time on here, people quizzing and worrying that others may think they are crazy. People carry this irrational fear that anything outside the status quo = crazy lol. There is a fear associated in many that they may 'lose it' by just 'being' and letting go. This of course is not true, it's an ego stemmed fear of losing control, and what the ego resists in allowing the higher consciousness mode to switch in/over into when dealing with beyond the physical matters/levels. Maybe the ego has to be convinced that all this doesn't equate physical death. So yes there is an innate conflict that has to be battled with first, the ego's job after all is to keep us safe in our 3d body, but it is capable of learning and accepting that there is more than just the physical body and level.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 12 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#674    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,233 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Indeed, we cannot hide from ourselves. The all seeing eye of self reflection.

Bruce Lee-

#675    Marial-K

Marial-K

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

meant on*

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users