Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to see ghosts

greywolfe

Everyone's brain focuses on images received by the eye. Normally all of our attention is given to the object at which we are directly looking. With practice it is possible to concentrate on images that are coming in from the corner of ones eyes. To develop this skill try walking along a road gazing at a distant object straight ahead. Then without moving your eyes from that object try to concentrate on images coming in from your peripheral vision. I was very surprised to discover what you can learn from objects that your not actually looking at. It's amazing how your mind tunes out the object at which your eyes are directed and tunes into details from objects elsewhere.

This is one technique that can be used to see ghosts.

• Like 2

Yes, it's amazing how your brain will turn any bit of light into a ghost if you don't look at it directly.

• Like 2

Sorry but i may be missing something here, are you saying the object at the corner of your eye which you should practice concentrating on is a ghost?

• Like 2

i'll give this a shot one of these days.

Edit: But personnel i think this could be a good way to see Shadow People better since they are always seen out of the corner of your eye.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

I saw a ghost out of the corner of my eye and it wasn't a trick of light. I looked directly at it and it would disappear then out of the corner of my eye again and she was still there.

Normally, all of our attention isn't on the object we are looking directly at. Peripheral vision accounts for a lot of our vision, especially where movement is concerned. There are several exercises to help strengthen peripheral vision and help strengthen eye muscles in general.

I don't really think it helps you see ghosts better though.

Everyone's brain focuses on images received by the eye. Normally all of our attention is given to the object at which we are directly looking. With practice it is possible to concentrate on images that are coming in from the corner of ones eyes. To develop this skill try walking along a road gazing at a distant object straight ahead. Then without moving your eyes from that object try to concentrate on images coming in from your peripheral vision. I was very surprised to discover what you can learn from objects that your not actually looking at. It's amazing how your mind tunes out the object at which your eyes are directed and tunes into details from objects elsewhere.

This is one technique that can be used to see ghosts.

Once again, people do not look into how things work, and use that ignorance as proof for ghosts.

You need to study up on how the human eye works. There is a reason we need to look right at things to see them. Our eyes are not designed to see things in the " peripheal " vision. We are not Chameleons....You can not make your eyes focus on things it is not made to focus on. ( direction )......

When we think we see things in our peripheal vision, this is a clue from our eyes to our brains to look that way so our eyes can tell our brains if there is something there or not. If you saw a ghost in your perphial, and turned to look and nothing is there, then nothing is there.

Are you telling me ghosts do this on purpose?

If so, shy not have a video camera off to the side of where you are looking, to catch all of those smart ghosts staying out of our line of site.....Those sneaky guys.

Start here for how our eyes work....

http://www.eyeglassg...-eye-works.aspx

Mate, it is called floaters, google it.

exactly.....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

A visual to explain what I typed...

• Like 3

Sorry but i may be missing something here, are you saying the object at the corner of your eye which you should practice concentrating on is a ghost?

No - I'm saying that by practising on focusing you attention on objects in the corner of your eye will enhance your abilities to observe ghosts if they

are present.

Are you suggesting that all 1,000,000,000,000,00...........ghost sighting since the beginning of time are errors ?

Once again, people do not look into how things work, and use that ignorance as proof for ghosts.

You need to study up on how the human eye works. There is a reason we need to look right at things to see them. Our eyes are not designed to see things in the " peripheal " vision. We are not Chameleons....You can not make your eyes focus on things it is not made to focus on. ( direction )......

When we think we see things in our peripheal vision, this is a clue from our eyes to our brains to look that way so our eyes can tell our brains if there is something there or not. If you saw a ghost in your perphial, and turned to look and nothing is there, then nothing is there.

Are you telling me ghosts do this on purpose?

If so, shy not have a video camera off to the side of where you are looking, to catch all of those smart ghosts staying out of our line of site.....Those sneaky guys.

Start here for how our eyes work....

http://www.eyeglassg...-eye-works.aspx

exactly.....

Ignorance !! why thankyou

Ignorance !! why thankyou

LOL

Are you suggesting that all 1,000,000,000,000,00...........ghost sighting since the beginning of time are errors ?

More likely than not, a colossal amount of those were not ghost sightings. However, people could experience paranormal activity, like seeing a ghost, all the time, but since there's no way to test and retest these "sightings" it's impossible to say if they are seeing them or not. I believe in the paranormal, or at least I want to, but I will not take random sightings, lights flickering, things out of the corners of eyes, ect as evidence. I believe in the scientific process.

• Like 1

I find a 5th of Vodka, Gin or a six pack of Corona helps!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm in a festive mood this morning.)

Seriously, if you're trying to see ghosts, you're probably doing it wrong. If your senses kept your ancestors live for millions of years up to this point, they are just fine for perceiving if a ghost is really there or not without any enhancement.

• Like 1

I think the OP described a lot of ghost sightings to a perfection. Peripheral vision combined with pareidolia can be pretty convincing at times.

• Like 2

No - I'm saying that by practising on focusing you attention on objects in the corner of your eye will enhance your abilities to observe ghosts if they

are present.

IF they are present, why practice on focusing in the corner of your eye? as pointed out by Sakari, what is it with these ghosts? Are they deliberately staying out of our direct line of vision so we can not spot them? IF they are there you should not have to practice anything, apart from not screaming if its scary one.

• Like 1

I thought this thread was about seeing actual Ghost or full body apparition. There si no trick for that. Either you see it or not. Some are more sensitive to such things and can even even intereact with them but that's quite uncommon. You cannot ''strain'' yourself to see ghost anywhere with the corner of your eyes, this won't work. The peripheral of the corner of your eyes vision is black and white and what you see may not be paranormal at all. It is useless to do that and you may end up been paranoid more than anything else.

Edited by sam_comm

I thought this thread was about seeing actual Ghost or full body apparition. There si no trick for that. Either you see it or not. Some are more sensitive to such things and can even even intereact with them but that's quite uncommon. You cannot ''strain'' yourself to see ghost anywhere with the corner of your eyes, this won't work. The peripheral of the corner of your eyes vision is black and white and what you see may not be paranormal at all. It is useless to do that and you may end up been paranoid more than anything else.

Or.....

Some see something they were not sure of, and call it a Ghost for lack of knowing other explanations exist.....Or, ignorance.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

For normal people to see a ghost or a ''full body apparition'' while misintrepetations and perhaps hallucinations are not to be ruled out in many instances, I found the application of this explanation in all cases unsatisfying.

In my opinion, I think there is such thing as sensitive who can feel and see unexplained phenomenon. But these people often refered to as 'medium' are rare and suffer from the ridicule and the bad reputation of many self-proclaim sensitive who turned out to be fraud.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

401907_571258849606858_1863841374_n.jpg

:lol: but its the hoaxes that is the best ... if this was real ... we be dead .. ;)

`

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sounds like some form of concentrated meditation, you open your mind to tune in to energies around you

Floaters can be and are seen while looking straight ahead; They're not directly associated with peripheral vision.