Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 18 votes

Guns save lives thread

• Please log in to reply
2691 replies to this topic

#16    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,153 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I just have to say this, the First two examples are of people who's job it is (or was) to use weapons to protect people. Just saying.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#17    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,264 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

I think there should be a limit to have how many guns a person should have.

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostThanato, on 20 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I just have to say this, the First two examples are of people who's job it is (or was) to use weapons to protect people. Just saying.

~Thanato
Well the op was an off duty lawman. It's not his job when he's clocked out.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 20 March 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Why not you keep that in the I hate guns and want to tell everybody else what to do threads.

Posted Image

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

My bad, an ex-marine. It isn't his job to save lives on the street and a CCW law enabled him to do just that.

Posted Image

#20    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 20 March 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Well the op was an off duty lawman. It's not his job when he's clocked out.

Why not you keep that in the I hate guns and want to tell everybody else what to do threads.

Finally some people in this website who think like me!  But I'm just a redneck Michigander!

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 20 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#21    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yep, the second story was an off duty officer who also didn't have to do anything. This thread is very young though and will be filled with examples of average joes and janes defending their integrity with hot lead.

Posted Image

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 20 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Finally some people in this website who think like me!  But I'm just a redneck Michigander!
There's plenty of us. Don't worry. Btw, I don't even own a gun but I have a thorough understanding of the importance of having the right and ability to do so.

Posted Image

#23    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 20 March 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

One can never have too many guns.  Although one should keep and maintain only those that they feel capable of having.  Guns in private ownership as protected by the 2nd Amendment is there in place to defend ourselves from the politicians.  The military is to defend us from foreign threats.  The authority and power to run this nation does not lie in the hands of the ruling elite but in the hands of the people and that is why they should never relinquish their guns.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#24    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have three. Is that too many?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#25    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Again I post that the best thing about the gun ban efforts by Democrats was that the end result is that this country is far more armed than ever before.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#26    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Again I post that the best thing about the gun ban efforts by Democrats was that the end result is that this country is far more armed than ever before.

Which in turn will may result in more massacres, way to go Merica...

#27    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Cool, we've got a new troll!

Posted Image

#28    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Personally, I like the "grandmother holds two men for police" that still comes up when I check for it. I'm sorry, I'm having trouble with copy and paste on my computor at the moment. There have been all kinds of articles from local news stations around the US if you google "home invader shot", "woman shoots home invader", or "multiple home invaders shot".

They don't make a big splash in national news, but they have a huge effect on the local communities. :tu:

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I wanted to dump a few nationwide local stories that are all dated within the last week or so.

http://www.fox23.com...6X_4Zfnqyg.cspx
A north Tulsa homeowner ended a home invasion by firing a shot at the intruder on Wednesday morning.

It all happened around 1:20 in the area of Pine and Gilcrease. Police say the homeowner's alarm went off, so he got up to check on his kids. Police say that's when he saw the suspect coming in through a backdoor.

The suspect then ran out the same way, and the homeowner fired one shot at him. POlice say that bullet is lodged in the door. No one inside was hurt and the suspect got away.  Police don't have a good description of the suspect, they only know he was wearing black clothing.

Posted Image

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...ected-intruder/
WARRENTON, Ore. –  Police say a homeowner in the coastal community of Hammond shot and wounded a suspected burglar.
Warrenton Police Chief Matthew Workman says an officer heard the shot Friday night, a few minutes after dispatchers received a call from a neighbor saying the homeowner was holding an intruder at gunpoint.
When the officer went inside, he found 25-year-old Tony Tischer wounded on the floor. The officer calmed Tischer until help arrived, and the man was taken to the hospital.
The name of the 44-year-old homeowner has yet to be released. Workman says the man gave his 12-gauge shotgun to the officer and has cooperated with investigators.
No arrests have been made.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2OB0B2AKI

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users