Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hiker swears she's caught Bigfoot on video

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91    CrimsonVic

CrimsonVic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Doesn't even seem to ''walk'' on the ground?

i think its just a really poor hoax made by someone who clearly doesnt know what he/she was doingg :P

#92    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Wow. This thread is still alive !?  :huh:

#93    minuteman

minuteman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• Nothing is permanent, not even death

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 25 June 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yep ,I would have thought the same thing,I mean I would at least look at it through my rifle scope ,I don't think they make a round big enough to drop it anyway,If I had seen it was a kid in a costume and if it was I would chase him through the woods like I was really going to shoot it and I bet the kid would run for his life thinking to him self 'WHY DID I DO THIS'.
If it turned out it was real I think I would take a head shot then run like a mad man when it dose not fall.Oh ,I'm not all that sane anyway.LOL

uhhh dude, how do you think poachers take down elephants, rhino's and silverbacks? there are about 3 dozen different kinds of rounds that would easily take it down. hell, a well placed .22 round can take down a grizzly if you up it in the right spot. unless you believe "bigfoot" is made out of kevlar :rofl:

Posted Image

#94    kitco

kitco

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

• " WE COME IN"
    │▒│ /▒/
    │▒│/▒/
    │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
    │▒│▒|▒│▒│
    ┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
    ...│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
    └┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
    └┐▒▒▒▒┌

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

too far away to make a claim like that!, it could very well be Bigfoot but it is not definitive enough, and I am pretty sure that would have cought her eye, and if it were me, I would start running after it for a better shot!
my conclusion is a guy in a suit!  :angry:

Edited by kitco, 16 July 2011 - 08:46 PM.

A LIFE OF MYSTERIE IS BETTER THEN SIMPLICITY. - kitco

#95    kitco

kitco

Psychic Spy

• 1,163 posts

• " WE COME IN"
    │▒│ /▒/
    │▒│/▒/
    │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
    │▒│▒|▒│▒│
    ┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
    ...│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
    └┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
    └┐▒▒▒▒┌

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

View Postminuteman, on 16 July 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

uhhh dude, how do you think poachers take down elephants, rhino's and silverbacks? there are about 3 dozen different kinds of rounds that would easily take it down. hell, a well placed .22 round can take down a grizzly if you up it in the right spot. unless you believe "bigfoot" is made out of kevlar :rofl:

.700 Nitro Express is A Elephant gun! I use a .45-70 Gov. Which is just under a 50 cal, with 70 grains of powder, but I can make hot loads with 80 grain's, 1 shot with my .45-70 would kill anything in the North American Wild, and I mean ANYTHING!
Unfortunatly my only experience with bigfoot was like looking for a shadow, he was there but I couldnt find him, like he was a ghost! I heard him whistle like a bird, and I whistled back and I heard a grunt like it was suprised, so me and my gun went running toward the sound but the forest was so dence you couldnt see 10 feet infront of you, I ended up looking for a good 10 minutes then gave up, it is weird tho because it is almost imposible not to make noise with all the underbrush, but I didnt hear a thing except the whistle and grunt? PS: I was hunting bear when that happened, and I was on Vancouver Island about mid Island up near MT.Washington up in the mountain's, there is a long history of Bigfoot sighting's on Vancouver Island and I am happy to have a Experience like that.

Edited by kitco, 16 July 2011 - 08:54 PM.

A LIFE OF MYSTERIE IS BETTER THEN SIMPLICITY. - kitco

#96    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

View Postkitco, on 16 July 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

.700 Nitro Express is A Elephant gun! I use a .45-70 Gov. Which is just under a 50 cal, with 70 grains of powder, but I can make hot loads with 80 grain's, 1 shot with my .45-70 would kill anything in the North American Wild, and I mean ANYTHING!
Unfortunatly my only experience with bigfoot was like looking for a shadow, he was there but I couldnt find him, like he was a ghost! I heard him whistle like a bird, and I whistled back and I heard a grunt like it was suprised, so me and my gun went running toward the sound but the forest was so dence you couldnt see 10 feet infront of you, I ended up looking for a good 10 minutes then gave up, it is weird tho because it is almost imposible not to make noise with all the underbrush, but I didnt hear a thing except the whistle and grunt? PS: I was hunting bear when that happened, and I was on Vancouver Island about mid Island up near MT.Washington up in the mountain's, there is a long history of Bigfoot sighting's on Vancouver Island and I am happy to have a Experience like that.
If you heard a whistle like a bird wouldnt it be more reasonable to assume that it was in fact a bird?

#97    LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

View Postvitruvian12, on 07 June 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

Can you provide links to these videos and their analysis? As far as Jane goodall goes being an expert on a species of primate doesn't necessarily give you an special knowledge on an unknown species and whether it exists or not. Experts make wrong predictions all the time. Cann you also provide the source of that quote?

The one with the running Bigfoot was, I believe, a Monster Quest episode.  Those are hard to locate online, but you can try.  There are some up on YouTube.  I don't remember who did the other one, though it's HIGHLY likely that was Monster Quest as well.  Will try and locate them - reminder post would be good!  Very interesting videos, both.  Still hunting for them online.  Best bet for now, check for what you can locate on the History channel site, or YouTube.  45 minute episodes.  Will ask a family member later on if he knows which ones these were.

#98    LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

View PostSakari, on 07 June 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

Even " Fact or Faked " debunked this one.....If they debunk something, it is pretty bad in my opinion.Whoever the experts you claim are, they are far from experts.

Doesn't show what methods they used to be sure they were int he right location.  Pretty shoddy attempt, IMO.  Compared to the one I saw, for certain.  That man was NOT in a costume, and he could not make the run at anything like the same speed.  Professional athlete, too.  Still hunting for the video links for that and the other.  Will post when I locate.  "Fact or Faked" debunks everything, though, so I don't really trust their impartiality.

#99    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostLadyPhoenix, on 14 August 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

Doesn't show what methods they used to be sure they were int he right location.  Pretty shoddy attempt, IMO.  Compared to the one I saw, for certain.  That man was NOT in a costume, and he could not make the run at anything like the same speed.  Professional athlete, too.  Still hunting for the video links for that and the other.  Will post when I locate.  "Fact or Faked" debunks everything, though, so I don't really trust their impartiality.
Didnt the people who filmed it show them exactly where they were?  I think the show is usually pretty weak but in that episode I think they showed pretty clearly it was well within a normal persons ability to run that distance in the same time.

Edited by vitruvian12, 14 August 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#100    Ferus

Ferus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:39 AM

As for the original video, that 'bigfoot' was clear enough that they would have seen it, at least the cameraman and they would have been freaked.

Posted Image

#101    truebeliever70535

truebeliever70535

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think they would have notice it,I think it's a hoax

#102    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well, in fairness to the camera man and others, if you're not really looking for one, then the chances of missing one goes up tremendously.

#103    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

looks phony

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users