Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Faerie or Ghost?

TheLochNessMonster

Okay, so I posted this before but there was a problem with it and it was too late for editing, so I ended up having to ask the mods to delete it and now I'm reposting. So let's try this again. Lol.

So, when I was 16 or 17, I lived in a house in Tulsa, Oklahoma that was very near a reservoir. This reservoir had a walking/biking/running trail that ran the whole length around the it. It was basically just a huge circle of grass, trees, and gravel trail with a body of water in the middle. There is a whole lot of nothing to do in Tulsa, so the guy I was dating at the time (We'll call him "Sam" for privacy's sake) and I used to drive out to this reservoir and take walks along the path to kill time when we couldn't come up with anything better to do.

We were taking one of these walks one day when we came around to a big circle of trees several feet off the trail. There had been a huge storm with high winds (Which is pretty standard for Oklahoma, hence the nickname "Tornado Alley"). The wind had kicked up so much that it had managed to knock come of the trees in the circle clean over. They looked like they had been cut up into smaller pieces and were piled up waiting to be removed. I've always been fascinated by nature, so rather than looking straight ahead as I walked, I typically had my eyes on the ground so I could spot toads, lizards, field mice, or some other sort of interesting critter should they pass by. This day was no different. My eyes searched the grass as we walked. I was in the middle of responding to something Sam had said to me, when I got the urge to look up. My eyes went immediately to the pile of split wood. I trailed off mid-sentence and stopped dead in my tracks.

Peeking at us from over the top of the woodpile was woman, but not just any woman. Her face was white. I don't mean German chick white like me. I'm talking paper, snow, the magnolias that grew on the tree my grandmother had planted in her backyard. WHITE. Her skin looked very smooth and she had the biggest, bluest eyes I'd ever seen. But the strangest thing about this young girl was her hair. It was long, and also shockingly white. She was clearly on land, but her hair floated about her face the way one's hair does when they are submerged in a pool. Every time it moved, I could see what almost looked like little flecks of blue glitter. She was surrounded by a faint glow. Her appearance was shocking and strange, but I remember that she was breathtakingly beautiful all the same, and I felt no fear when I saw her, not even when she seemed to look me straight in the eye.

Sam, assuming that I had been distracted by a squirrel or woodpecker the way I was given to doing, kept his eyes on me, waiting for me to finish my sentence. But instead, I lowered my voice to whisper and said, "Sam..." then I grabbed his arm and pointed to the girl. Before he could get a look, she noticed that I was pointing towards her (and I still find this next thing to be the strangest part). Her eyes grew wide as saucers, and she ducked down behind the woodpile at lightening speed. It was as if she didn't know that I could see her when she first began watching, then panicked when it became clear to her that she was just as tangible and solid to me as the birds, the trees, and Sam all were.

By this point, Sam is looking at me like had just smoked a fat rock of crack, and rightfully so, because here I was running toward a pile of busted up trees after falling silent in mid-sentence, then whispering his name like someone was after us for seemingly no apparent reason. Once I reached the woodpile and looked behind it, I found no sign that anyone or anything had been there watching us, or doing anything else, for that matter. So my question is... does anyone else have a similar experience? Like I said, she never made me feel afraid. In fact, I felt a calmness. A contentedness, even. Could she have been a faerie? An elemental? A spirit guide, perhaps? I've always wanted to get some input on this story, and I figured this was a good place to get it. If you're still reading, thanks for taking the time to do so. Sorry it was so long.

Edited by TheLochNessMonster
  • Like 2

Sounds like she was an Albino and I have seen a few and they do appear "Angel" Like

• Like 1

Definitely sounds like Fae more than a spirit. I'm jealous. If you go back there at midnight and walk around that ring of trees counter clockwise nine times you may be able to enter the land of the Fae. You will probably never come back but still......

• Like 1

Sounds like she was an Albino and I have seen a few and they do appear "Angel" Like

I have friends that are albino, and they are very light like that, but it doesn't explain why she was sparkly or the way her hair was flowing in slow motion like that. And when I ran over to find her, she had just... vanished. Sam and I weren't too far away so I got there pretty quickly. And we would have seen her running off no matter which direction she went. But she just ducked down and wasn't there anymore. Poof, just like that.

Definitely sounds like Fae more than a spirit. I'm jealous. If you go back there at midnight and walk around that ring of trees counter clockwise nine times you may be able to enter the land of the Fae. You will probably never come back but still......

See, that's what I thought too. I still wonder why she was eyeballing us like that. I figure since we don't ever see fae, maybe they don't see us very often either so she was just as freaked out as I was. She didn't look angry but she sure did high tail it out of there when she noticed me looking at her and trying to get my ex to look too. Edited by TheLochNessMonster

Alien.

Was she normal-human size?

All I could see of her was her head and neck because she was looking over the woodpile, but they were very thin and almost bird like. She seemed small, but not inhumanly so. Her eyes were extremely huge (Like, anime character huge) so that may have made her head look smaller also. Edited by TheLochNessMonster

See, that's what I thought too. I still wonder why she was eyeballing us like that. I figure since we don't ever see fae, maybe they don't see us very often either so she was just as freaked out as I was. She didn't look angry but she sure did high tail it out of there when she noticed me looking at her and trying to get my ex to look too.

Go back there and leave her a slice of cheese pizza. She'll definitely be more apt to reveal herself again if you do.
  • Like 1

Go back there and leave her a slice of cheese pizza. She'll definitely be more apt to reveal herself again if you do.

I would, but I haven't lived there for almost 4 years now. Maybe I'll call Sam and send him to do it lol Edited by TheLochNessMonster

Fae are English spirits (Native American spirits don't match that description), so I highly doubt a "fairy" explanation. You could check for a ghost, but I doubt there's anyone buried in or near that site in a recognizable grave.

Could have been Sam's ex girlfriend checking you out...

BTW: Welcome to UM Nessie...

• Like 1

Could have been Sam's ex girlfriend checking you out...

BTW: Welcome to UM Nessie...

Haha! I love it! It was my ex's albino stalker girlfriend. Mystery solved! :lol: And thank you, Taun. Edited by TheLochNessMonster
  • Like 1

Fae are English spirits (Native American spirits don't match that description), so I highly doubt a "fairy" explanation. You could check for a ghost, but I doubt there's anyone buried in or near that site in a recognizable grave.

What's in a name. The Fae exist in a different dimension that does not necessarily correspond to specific locations in our dimension, so the land of the faeries should be accessible in the states as well. (rookie) Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Probably a hallucination brought on by that "fat rock of crack". :P

i honestly don't know what to make of it...

Awesome story though, welcome to UM.

Probably a hallucination brought on by that "fat rock of crack". :P

i honestly don't know what to make of it...

Awesome story though, welcome to UM.

Haha right?! And thanks : )

Hi TheLochNessMonster, that'a great story you told and a fascinating sighting of a white humanoid. I'd like to include it in an ebook I'm writing on such sightings. Do I have your permission please? What name would you like associated with it?

• Like 1

What about the ghost of a faerie? Mwuaha :w00t:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty cool. Seems very otherworldly if she was able to disappear so fast. I'm not very religious but maybe she's a guardian watching over you and didn't want you to know she was looking out for you.

Hi TheLochNessMonster, that'a great story you told and a fascinating sighting of a white humanoid. I'd like to include it in an ebook I'm writing on such sightings. Do I have your permission please? What name would you like associated with it?

Yeah, that's cool. Go for it! I'd love to see what people think about it when they read it.
  • Like 1

That's pretty cool. Seems very otherworldly if she was able to disappear so fast. I'm not very religious but maybe she's a guardian watching over you and didn't want you to know she was looking out for you.

I never thought of that, but it would be pretty cool.