Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man washing his hair with mayonnaise

FollowTheTrail

''An Oklahoma City man was arrested Tuesday after police say they caught him washing his hair with mayonnaise in a public fountain.

''Several passersby complained about a man causing a disturbance at a spot known as the Bricktown fountain'' KFOR.com reports...''

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/17/jorge-perez-wash-hair_n_5838794.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

• Like 1

Guess his hair was nicely conditioned for his mug shots.

I think society has made a mistake in closing down so many mental health facilities.

• Like 1

The reception of mental health issues here in Oklahoma is a complete joke. If you're not a drug addict or literally cutting yourself, and especially if you're a guy, there's no understanding or even incentive to want to understand mental health here, from the politicians and representatives to, from my experiences, the alleged counselors, who also don't seem to really seriously consider anything resulting in threatening bodily harm.

That said, I'm not sure I really understand this story. Is it because the hair-washing is done in the fountain, and mayo in the fountain is potentially damaging? If so then I agree that's probably actionable. If it's just "gee that's weird, mayo as shampoo? Get the cops!", then pfft. There were multiple homeless or even just mentally unbalanced people (with homes) that would come into my uncle's laundry, carrying on deep conversations with themselves, and wash up completely in the little wash sink in the 4x4 foot bathroom. For all I know they were using restaurant packages of squeeze mayo for shampoo. Maybe its for volume?

I think this was the problem rather than what type of shampoo he was using.

Perez allegedly told police that he was bathing and was using mayonnaise as shampoo...

A local ordinance prohibits bathing in public fountains...

• Like 1

HuffPost contacted the Oklahoma City Police to find out if the mayonnaise was collected as evidence, but officials have not responded.

Journalism at its finest.

• Like 2

Oh! I see. You expected me to read the article before replying. Is this what we've become as a species? Having to make ourselves informed about a topic before expounding on them? I truly weep for our society.

But seriously, it is important to collect all mayonnaise evidence - just ask any CSI agent.

Ew. That's nasty! Why would you do that?

• Like 1