Photo

Why I lean toward the ETH

Posted by Paxus , 26 December 2010 · 1,135 views

Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis ETH
After explaining many times, why I lean toward the ETH (Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis) I was asked yet again.
Sooo, in order to have a place to refer to, the next time I'm asked, here is the Q & A from that particular thread:
booNyzarC, on 26 December 2010 - 10:37 PM, said:
You acknowledge that witnesses aren't reliable, and yet you consider such witness testimony about UFOs as valid evidence for ET visitation? I'm not sure how these two ideas coincide conceptually and I'm curious about how you've factored this in and still come out leaning more toward ETH.

I don't consider witness testimony as evidence.
It's not simply witness testimony, it's a combination of things. It's the frequency of witness testimony, combined with the quality of witness testimony*, combined with things like video footage, combined with pilot intercepts, radar contact, (i cringe to write it, but the occasional quite credible abduction testimony), testimony of people I personally trust, the incidents which have multiple witnesses, the size and age of the universe#....

* By quality I do mean the type of witness (e.g. pilot) but I also read between the lines to determine the peron's character, background and possible motives...
# Size and age of universe - By this I mean that I believe ET is out there and quite likely visiting Earth because the universe is so large, ET is inevitable. Likewise, becuase the universe is so old, it's quite likely advanced civilisations exist too. If this is true, I expect they would have such advanced technology that finding life in the universe would be relatively easy for them (and so I expect, them finding Earth could be practically inevitable).

My knowledge of how innacurate witness recolection is does not rule out witness testimony it simply helps in weeding out the aircraft or meterological misidentifications... among other things.
I mean if people see an elephant in a shopping centre chances are there really was an elephant in the shopping centre - it's hard to get something like that wrong! Of course, some people might say it was male and some will say it was female, some will say it was african, some will say it was indian and no doubt the description of it's size will differ....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've explaiend all this stuff to you before - it's always been a combination of things which give me an instinct that there is more going on here on Earth than meets the eye...
Hell even as I write this more come to mind.. for instance the fact that almost all cultures have ancient historic record or legend of beings who came from 'above'/'the sky'/'space'/'the heavens'... I would have thought if there were no aliens visiting our ancient ancesters then at least half, if not more, of the legends would be Earth-bound (not beings from above).

[EDIT 29/12/10] Four more points which have me leaning toward the ETH, are:
1. Because out of all these sightings and encounters, it only takes ONE of them to be true in order for the ETH to be correct.
2. Many sightings have included (usually small) humanoid occupants - this immediately rules out misidentified man-made craft or meteorlogical phenomenon.
3. Another point I forgot to mention about what I consider goes toward the credibility of witnesses - The type of witness that that never believed that ET visited Earth, to me, is more credible than one who expects to see ET on Earth

4. Alledged implant removals - the objects
1) from people who claim to be abducted
2) Have no signs of entry
3) No inflamation response
4) Nerves surrounding implant not anatomically correct
The membrane that surrounds implant could not be cut by a scalpel
Results on tests - thought to be meteorites.
Results suggested the implant was manufatured.
Some of the metal/elements were extra-terrestrial.
(Dr Roger Leir)

SUMMARY

Summary in point form, of why I lean toward ETH:

1. Size and age of universe.
    (Because the universe is so large, ET is inevitable. Likewise, becuase the universe is so old, I believe it's quite likely that advanced civilisations exist too. If this is true, I expect they would have such advanced technology that finding other life in the universe would be relatively easy for them (and so I expect, them finding Earth could be practically inevitable)).

2. Almost all ancient cultures having a historic record or legend(s) of being coming from 'above'/'the sky'/'space'/'the heavens' (if ET were not visiting Earth, one would expect a lot less of Earth's cultures to have such legends/beliefs - I would guess maybe less than 50%?...

3. Out of all the thousands of sightings, only ONE, needs to be true in order for the ETH to be correct. When considering all the points (above and below), it's probable that at least one of them is true.

4. Frequency of sightings/encounters.

5. Quality of witness testimony and sightings/encounters.
5.a. High witness credibilty when: Pilot, Astronaut,  Scientist, military or other professional, did not believe ETH prior to sighting/encounter, have no motive to lie, telling about sighting is detrimental  to witness.
5.b. Multiple witnesses see/experience same ET event.
5.c. Photo + Video evidence (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.d. Pilot intercept. (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.e. Radar contact (Esp. when multiple radars show same object + when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.f. Some abduction encounters seem credible.
5.g. Testimony of people I personally trust absolutely.
5.h. Some Sightings/encounters include seeing/interaction with (usually small) humanoid occupants of the craft. This is one of the most compelling arguments for ETH as this can hardly be anything other than ETH (Expect perhaps time travellers or interdimensional travellers).

6. The posibility that alien implants exist.

Note: Sometimes we have multiples of the above points occuring simultaneously - obviously this makes the case for ETH much stronger than any single point.

thefinalfrontier
Dec 27 2010 10:20 PM
I hear ya Paxus, I myself take many things into consideration before simply dismissing it as hype,
Very intresting,Thank you for your blog.

thefinalfrontier, on 28 December 2010 - 08:20 AM, said:

I hear ya Paxus, I myself take many things into consideration before simply dismissing it as hype,
Cheers for dropping by and taking the time to read - I've since added the summary ;)

Persia, on 28 December 2010 - 10:09 AM, said:

Very intresting,Thank you for your blog.
Wow, people actually visit my blog??!
*flattered*
Thanks!
Have added summary now ;)
Hey Paxus!!!! :tu:  ;) Have a Wonderful New Year!!!

SolarPlexus
Jan 21 2011 09:32 AM
you know whats funny... even if  1% of all the evidence turns out to be legit, it will mean all the difference  :lol:

SolarPlexus, on 21 January 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

you know whats funny... even if  1% of all the evidence turns out to be legit, it will mean all the difference  :lol:
Hey dude, this is one of my favourite arguments for ETH and I've seen you write this in threads.. Since it's a powerful argument, maybe you should really write the last part differently so no one gets confused as to your meaning....
Something like, 'if just 1% of all the evidence turns out to be legit, then ETH is fact.'
What do you think?

thewonderman
Sep 05 2011 04:20 PM
Nice read here Paxus, I agree with what you say and I for one think its possible that ET does exist and maybe is visiting or has visted Earth in the past.

One day hopefully the truth will be there for all to see!
Nice points
This wont mean much but they are here and you are correct. I know. :tu:
;)

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    BioSphere
    20 Nov 2014 - 21:22
  • Photo