Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Spirit Relationships

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91    mattavich123

mattavich123

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostKismit, on 13 April 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

It is not our job to decide who is and who isn't vulnerable. If somebody asks for help from a fortune teller or a witch then they are not being preyed on.
And spiritualism and Wicka are as valid religious choices as any. We are non-denominational at U.M. It's the nature of a forum like this one that deals in the mystic side of life.

That's not true. Some people become dependant on them and refuse to make a life choice without consulting. There are many cases of people handing over thousands of pounds to feed a dependency. Usually triggered by a traumatic experience in their life from what I observed. By pretending to be psychic a fortune teller is basically a making fraudulent transaction, therefore praying on people's beliefs.

The problem is, how can you regulate someone in their claims? You can't create a test for something that's not been proven to exist, so it is very difficult.

Here's a more recent article on the crackdown in the US I recently read http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-11409477

Edited by mattavich123, 13 April 2011 - 11:01 PM.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that the belief can be preserved."
http://www.face-gamers.com - Helping people find new Facebook Games

#92    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Favorite 1960's hippie quote:
    "I just hate people who hate people"

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

View Postmattavich123, on 13 April 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

Are there any Peadophile ghosts you think? I know the OP said something about consensual sex, but what if a sick rapist ghost was actually raping our children in the night in his ghost form?

I mean, if we believe all this is true, then are you not concerned about how these ghosts will be raping us in our sleep? And all the other problems ghosts would be causing if this was fact?
One last thing, how does something have a sex drive without chemicals interacting with the brain for the purposes of reproduction? Why would a ghost need a sex drive?
Lastly, I think you need to read the Bible, there are no ghost son earth, they all left for heaven after Jesus was resurrected(if you also believe in the god!).

I've came across a few people who report credible experiences in this who are under 18. I always discourage contact in those cases because of the seriousness in the matter. There are also a lot of adults seeking ways to stop this from happening to them for various reasons, mainly because of scary religious implications.

You are saying these are ghosts. I'm not sure what type they are or whether they've been a person or not. I do know that in every case their every thought, even their only apparent reason of existance revolves around the topic of this thread. For example they either can't or won't tell you about "their side" or secrets of the universe. Those appear to have no meaning to them what so ever. A one track mind in a singular mode of existance.
However they are quite skilled and able to effect things to facilitate things within that scope of existance. They don't seem to consist exclusively upon a primal humanly drive. They are intelligent. Why they exist seemingly within that exclusive capacity is anyones guess.

If a person requires verifiable proof of the paranormal in general they will never accept anything anyone will ever report or post. An authentic video of a moving object for example will always be disbelieved. When it comes to personal experience there can come a point when skepticism becomes denial. For example an object tossed off a shelf could be the wind. A coin tossed down a hall might have fallen off of something. A heavy book sliding across a glass table with apparent force could be rationalized as something I suppose. Bright flashes of light illuminating a cloud within a home might be some form of static discharge. The sound of heavy footsteps could be many things.

The fact that all these things witnessed my many people at the same time could still be explained individually. However the explanations begin to unravel when these events begin to react and interact with people. For me thats the line between skepticism and denial. If something unexplainable happens it should be thoroughly investigated with what ever scientific tests are available to them with reasonable logic. If all aspects surrounding the event have been investigated and no scientific or logic can be found it can be said to be unexplainable, not normal or paranormal.

If a person is simply a disbeliever of the paranormal in general they will never accept the idea of this topic. That's normal and expected. But my posts are very familiar to a few people here and the descriptions I've written about.

Sleep paralysis or night hag is a sleep disorder.
I've mentioned numerous times this does not usually happen in or around sleep. It's not dreaming. In my case interaction has occurred while walking, shopping, watching TV or at a theater, while cleaning our back yard pool, in a parked car, at my work desk and while eating to name a few. If I ignore her for too long she reacts by doing general paranormal things in my home with me and my family.
Things get tossed, things move under their own power, people get spoken to, a person shaped or cloud like shadows are seen- and more. There's no way to know what or when or where something will happen but it ends when I no longer doubt her or stop ignoring her.

The Bible- I don't believe it's the infallible word of God. I think the belief that any religious text is an infallible thing from God is highly dangerous. Wars are waged- and countless people have died/murdered over such ridgid beliefs across all ideologies.
If someone's grandmother passes away for example and she visits a distant loved one for comfort and to give her final goodbye then moves on, I believe under certain circumstances it may be her ghost and not an agent of Satan. Same goes for someone's stubborn uncle who hangs around making noise.

#93    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

My theory about the vast majority of these evolve about the Tulpa and a premise that energy doesn't simply vanish into nothingness,  it either retains a current status or changes into a different form.

Consider these things;
Many of us have visited couples who have grown to hate and loathe each other, quick to attack; they coexist in a bubble of underlying animosity. Although their home seems worse than hell they remain together for their own reasons. Their home is a very uncomfortable place to visit even if they're not currently fighting and if you stop by (Ring the bell etc) and nobody is there you can still feel it. The atmosphere of the home remains even if they are not presently there.

Opposite is true regarding a warm, positive home full of people who genuinely love and care for each other. The feeling of love can be contagious whether the occupants are there or not. Their positive energy remains.

Now consider this fictitious example of a Pagan or Druid in the year 200BC (Or any year in which everything unknown was considered spiritual will do).

This person picks up a shiny beautiful stone in the shape of a female. It ends up in the hands of the regional religious authority that "Blesses it" and declares it a god of fertility.
Tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people project their collective energy toward this religious artifact over several decades. Perhaps even sacrifices are done in the name of it with focused energy of an unmentionable nature.

A tulpa develops from this concentrated energy. Eventually this thought energy flowing from the people end but the tulpa energy remains. Now alone it seeks someone to reciprocates the only thing it has ever known, the thoughts which created it.

Centuries later it chooses someone it believes will be receptive to him/her but this person is naturally confused about what is happening and consults their own religious leader. This religious leader who is pressured for answers erroneously condemns the spirit as an evil demon of Satan and fabricates outrageous stories such as draining life, celestial pregnancies etc.
Malleus Maleficarum (1486) is an excellent example of such text.  If anyone believes Malleus is correct I have other ridiculous and outrageous claims within it.

The Tulpa is my best theory of what has happened to me.

I believe tulpas very existence is for one certain purpose and no other, they retain the original thought forms which created them. A tulpa of love and fertility may be full of knowledge pertaining to the same subject but may not be aware of much of anything else. They may not know where they came from, how they got there etc and unaware of any "Knowledge of the ages" (So to speak). However they are extremely intelligent, able to plot and plan within our world to obtain what they seek but limited within the scope of their specific existence.

I believe tulpas are only a tiny fraction of reported paranormal interaction because of this single mode of existence. For example it won't show up to comfort a person as their Aunt Milly moments after she's passed and never seen again. It won't just stomp around and make noise because it intelligently seeks more of what created it.

I don't believe tulpas are always necessarily positive. There's plenty of negative energy around to form something opposite which is hateful. I would not want something with such a hateful reason of existence bothering me. The traditional destructive "demon".

I may be way off about this Tulpa theory but a lot of it may fit into this strange subject.

#94    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

View Postmattavich123, on 13 April 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

That's not true. Some people become dependant on them and refuse to make a life choice without consulting. There are many cases of people handing over thousands of pounds to feed a dependency. Usually triggered by a traumatic experience in their life from what I observed. By pretending to be psychic a fortune teller is basically a making fraudulent transaction, therefore praying on people's beliefs.

The problem is, how can you regulate someone in their claims? You can't create a test for something that's not been proven to exist, so it is very difficult.

Here's a more recent article on the crackdown in the US I recently read http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-11409477

If a poster were to come to U.M. post on here offering readings, soliciting trade and asking for cash for that reading they would be removed. If a poster asks to have a reading done, and one is given free of charge then the person giving a free reading is not soliciting trade and is there for not responsible for the actions of the person asking for a reading.

And you may wish to start a new topic, because you seem to be expressing the opinion that all psychics are deliberately fraudulent and preying on the vulnerable. And we may need to discuss this further, we are well off topic here.

#95    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

Well I have spent 2 days reading this, so that I could catch all details on your's and anyone else's story... I even watched part of the entity. (I fell asleep.)

First off let me say I am being as open minded about this as I can possibly be. It all is a little over the top. But here goes... my first question... Have you ever read "The Witching Hour"?? Because your story sounds like it came out of that book. If you haven't you should.

Honestly I think you are going trough some form of sex addiction, it sounds that way.

View PostSergeant, on 13 April 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

I've mentioned numerous times this does not usually happen in or around sleep. It's not dreaming. In my case interaction has occurred while walking, shopping, watching TV or at a theater, while cleaning our back yard pool, in a parked car, at my work desk and while eating to name a few.

It is completely normal to climax without physical touch, especially for women. You must just be that in to it. Maybe it has something to do with your religion, maybe they made you feel bad about your "hobby" so you had to find a way of coping without touching yourself; Therefor you started fantasizing about someone else touching you. It gets rid of the guilt a bit.

Now if these things ARE real... I would suggest running for your life. It all sounds really creepy. What entity would want to give and give with nothing in return?? Also about your wife.. You said she is going trough sexual decline, don't you think this is when you should be more involved with her?? I mean come on... She has no sex drive so you have sex with ghosts??? That can not be helping in any way!! I believe these entities are drawing you away from your wife by being so "loving". It has to be draining her in a way as well. I also read somewhere you said it plays "malevolent pranks" on your family when you don't give it attention... Does that not scare you?? You have children.

This thing seems to have greed in regards to you, that can not be healthy in anyway. Another thing that caught my attention. You refer to it plurally, like there is more than one... That is really scary. I'm not so sure about demons existing but I did see something that I could call nothing else, for lack of better words. If demons are real, they are commonly refereed to plurally. For example I read in another thread "when Jesus asked the demon to identify itself it refers to itself as legion". Sounds very much like your "ghost". Doesn't that scare you?? Because it gave me the creeps....

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#96    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostDharma D, on 14 April 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Well I have spent 2 days reading this, so that I could catch all details on your's and anyone else's story... I even watched part of the entity. (I fell asleep.)
First off let me say I am being as open minded about this as I can possibly be. It all is a little over the top. But here goes... my first question... Have you ever read "The Witching Hour"?? Because your story sounds like it came out of that book. If you haven't you should.
The Entity-
There's debate whether this account is authentic or not. Either way I'd bet the hollywood version is more dramatic than reality. More, the movie depicts Doris Bither as a single mom carrying on an otherwise "normal" life. Hard working, a loving home, sober. Actual accounts show a different story. She was alcoholic and her life was chaotic, unmanageable and something started abusing her. It's not apparent the abuse occured for any reason other than to add problems in her life.

This is not the same type of spirit I'm discussing here.

Regarding The Witching Hour, there's no less than a dozen different books with the same title. I suspect it's another fictitious tale written by someone with no experience. It's not something someone should shape their life around.

It is completely normal to climax without physical touch, especially for women. You must just be that in to it.
You missed reading that climax rarely happens- at east among men experiencing this. It happens more often with women.

Now if these things ARE real... I would suggest running for your life.
Based on what? She has not shown any malevolance in +30 years. She's had ample opportunity but has only been a positive thing in my life. I've been in contact with people who've had this ranging from a short time to several decades without any real problems.

It all sounds really creepy. What entity would want to give and give with nothing in return??
Yes, it is truly bizzare however there is a return. Reciprocation of the same actions and feelings. Attention to her.

Also about your wife.. You said she is going trough sexual decline, don't you think this is when you should be more involved with her?? I mean come on... She has no sex drive so you have sex with ghosts??? That can not be helping in any way!! I believe these entities are drawing you away from your wife by being so "loving". It has to be draining her in a way as well.
I'm over 50 years old, my wife is not far behind with an unavoidable biological clock. All the attention in the world will not reverse its effects. Me and my wife's loving relationship continutes to grow as we grow together. What specifically is this draining you speak of? How would one know? What are the symptoms of it?

I also read somewhere you said it plays "malevolent pranks" on your family when you don't give it attention... Does that not scare you?? You have children.
No you've misread. They are non-malevolent pranks. Activities one would have with a "normal" haunting. Banging, knocking, voices, making other noise, objects moving etc.

This thing seems to have greed in regards to you, that can not be healthy in anyway.
Where do you see greed?

Another thing that caught my attention. You refer to it plurally, like there is more than one... That is really scary. I'm not so sure about demons existing but I did see something that I could call nothing else, for lack of better words. If demons are real, they are commonly refereed to plurally. For example I read in another thread "when Jesus asked the demon to identify itself it refers to itself as legion". Sounds very much like your "ghost". Doesn't that scare you?? Because it gave me the creeps....
You've misread again.
There was a short period of time when it seemed there were two. One was the recipient of attention while the other was more of an instructor how to interact and connect with the other more efficiently. A while later I came to realize it was just a sort of reflection or projection and it was only one all along. Since then It's only been one- the reflection no longer exists. Also I've never made any reference to a ghost.

Strange? Creepy? Bizzare? Yes I fully understand how one can have those types of feelings and thoughts about this.
However this is a very serious matter and a life changing event for anyone involved. One must consider the few actual facts along with the accounts of others who have actually experienced this (Vs. those who have not) and not make life effecting decisions based on hollywoood media and religious hear se. I believe these spirits have individual personalities based on various accounts which have been good and pleasant and those which have not been good or pleasant. Although not always the case, problems often seem to be created by the person themselves mainly because of prolonged indecision.

I've also came across some accounts which a spirit is apparently creating chaos in the life of a person and now find that "this" activity is happening to them... such as the Doris Bither case. It is not the type of spirit I am familiar with and not discussing here.

It's expected and normal for people to feel this type of relationship is wrong, bad and dangerous based exclusively on feelings. But it's important to keep personal quotes correct because the only real facts we have about this can be drawn from personal experiences. You can imagine the confusion which normally happens to a person which this happens to. They usually go on a fact finding mission only to find outrageous religious dogma and stories based purely upon myth, then try to find others who have the same thing. If the personal accounts are skewed with misquotes then any facts which can be obtained from them can be lost within it. I don't believe your misquotes were intentional. This is a very long thread.

Have a nice day  :innocent:

Edited by Sergeant, 15 April 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#97    mattavich123

mattavich123

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

You seem to attribute a lot of these happenings to ghosts and refusing to look at the distinct and likely possibility that something more grounded and realistic is at work here.

Like personal problems, acceptance, and forgive me but I don't think it would be a bad thing if in a relaxed and positive manner, you could entertain the possibility that you may have what is sometimes described as a "problem.

Don't take this a negative way, there's no need to be scared of the word I am about to use, it is perfectly fine and part of our human nature, but there is a realistic prospect that you may be deluded. I urge you to at least consider the idea that this may not be as real as the world around you and in fact, you are the one manifesting the spiritual relationship. There's no ahrm in asking the right questions. If you truly believe, then asking some questions can only help you be sure of what is happening right?

I mean, if this is real it is an amazing piece of evidence for the world. So why not try possibly gathering evidence. Not something you hear or see, but maybe actual footage or recordings. There sohuld be no harm in that right? If stuff comes out then you know it is not a delusion.

Why am I saying this? I know people who have had what would be defined as similar experiences. I've seen it with my own eyes. I also study the brain's amazing potential as well as it's closed perception of the world.

The brain can do amazing things, so amazing they are real, to you. It would not be out of the normal to consider that in your case.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that the belief can be preserved."

#98    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm sorry if I miss quoted you. I did try to go back and quote the "malevolent prank" thing but it was just too long to look trough. I was not attacking you in anyway I was really interested in what you were going to answer. I didn't comment to give you a hard time.

About the book and the movie I was not taking it as fact I just wanted a little more info on this topic for I had never heard of this other than in The Witching Hour. The reason I mentioned to read that book is because the spirit in that book is loving and sweet like you describe, it cherish his person and showers her with flowers. The entity attaches itself to her and then her family.

About you wife I don't mean she is actually being drained, I should have said it will take a toll on her. If I was your wife I would be MAD, actually mad is just the word I can use on this forum. Also I know menopause has a huge effect on women, I'm sure she needs your support. She may feel like she can't satisfy you anymore so you are getting down with some spirit. I know I would be sad too, very sad. I'm just thinking about her for a second, and I think you should too.

I didn't misunderstand the part about climax, I know you said you didn't. What I meant if it's normal to climax without touch, your deal is no biggie; you are just aroused.

About the greed, I said it because it looks for you at all times, it does not have any regards for your regular daily life. It also plays pranks on people. Also if it is so loving and caring what is it trying to do?? Get your attention obviously.

I don't think I got the part of the double entities wrong, it's exactly what you said. There was two appearing as one, now there's one.

And yes you did call it a ghost at some point.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#99    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

View Postmattavich123, on 15 April 2011 - 02:56 PM, said:

You seem to attribute a lot of these happenings to ghosts and refusing to look at the distinct and likely possibility that something more grounded and realistic is at work here.

Like personal problems, acceptance, and forgive me but I don't think it would be a bad thing if in a relaxed and positive manner, you could entertain the possibility that you may have what is sometimes described as a "problem.

Don't take this a negative way, there's no need to be scared of the word I am about to use, it is perfectly fine and part of our human nature, but there is a realistic prospect that you may be deluded. I urge you to at least consider the idea that this may not be as real as the world around you and in fact, you are the one manifesting the spiritual relationship. There's no ahrm in asking the right questions. If you truly believe, then asking some questions can only help you be sure of what is happening right?

I mean, if this is real it is an amazing piece of evidence for the world. So why not try possibly gathering evidence. Not something you hear or see, but maybe actual footage or recordings. There sohuld be no harm in that right? If stuff comes out then you know it is not a delusion.

Why am I saying this? I know people who have had what would be defined as similar experiences. I've seen it with my own eyes. I also study the brain's amazing potential as well as it's closed perception of the world.

The brain can do amazing things, so amazing they are real, to you. It would not be out of the normal to consider that in your case.

Thanks for the reply.
As far as evidence, I've done some limited EVP work with questionable results. Setting photographic equipment is not an option. There's also a fact that photographic and other evidence already exist on places such as YouTube (along with hoaxes) for the general paranormal. If a mist or other non-normal thing should appear in a camera it would likely be dismissed as the same. More, I am not out to prove existence to anyone.

Yes the mind and thoughts can be a very powerful thing. My Tulpa theory comes to mind. A mental disorder would be possible if I were the only one experiencing this, and it was my serious consideration early on. However the intelligent interaction with others erased my doubts.

#100    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Thanks Dharma D, I know you mean well.

View PostDharma D, on 15 April 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

Also I know menopause has a huge effect on women, I'm sure she needs your support. She may feel like she can't satisfy you anymore so you are getting down with some spirit. I know I would be sad too, very sad. I'm just thinking about her for a second, and I think you should too.

You are right and it's something I am dealing with daily. I had told my wife about this spirit sometime in early 2009 because someone convinced me this is wrong and they offererd a way out. I believed them and solicited the help of my wife and a close Christian friend.

My wife spent the next 6 months or so of them fighting with with my wife receving some light slaps, nail digs along with an accelerated occurance of strange general paranormal activities aimed specifically to annoy her. The efforts by this other person failed to expell her and enough was enough. I told her the spirit left and gradually, after about 9 months my home reached a sense of normalty again.

It's very rare anything happens anymore regarding the general paranormal but her and the kids consider our house haunted because of those occastional things. If there is any thing bad about this it's my deception to my wife. She believes I am also in menopause so there is no worry about providing satisfaction. But there may come a time in one's life where they have to make some hard choices. I believe I've made the right ones. Consider this:

* Me and this spirit bonded sometime in the late 1970's.
* Early 1980's I was born again Christian and spent the next 5-6 years in deep serious study walking the walk. I was told this spirit was evil by church leaders and worked the Christian faith to remove her for several years using all means available. All attempts utterly failed probably because of the bonding, and I suspect good positive forces can't or wont remove good positive forces.
* Told the wife in 2009 with horrible consequences while once again trying to rid her.

So my choices today seem pretty clear. But don't think I feel cornered into something or trapped in any way. This is an experience I wouldn't reverse.

Edited by Sergeant, 15 April 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#101    mattavich123

mattavich123

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostSergeant, on 15 April 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply.
As far as evidence, I've done some limited EVP work with questionable results. Setting photographic equipment is not an option. There's also a fact that photographic and other evidence already exist on places such as YouTube (along with hoaxes) for the general paranormal. If a mist or other non-normal thing should appear in a camera it would likely be dismissed as the same. More, I am not out to prove existence to anyone.

Yes the mind and thoughts can be a very powerful thing. My Tulpa theory comes to mind. A mental disorder would be possible if I were the only one experiencing this, and it was my serious consideration early on. However the intelligent interaction with others erased my doubts.

I think you'd be surprised by how normal it is for the average person to go through things like this in their life.

Is it not a solid conclusion to investigate and challenge a very extraordinary experience by simply asking others if they experience the same thing. If I seek out people who have spoken to Jesus, been kissed by the devil, had sexual relations with a Ghost or people who believe they are Jesus re-incarnated, I know I will find them.

Do you see that by seeking out other people like yourself in an attempt to question your doubt you are actually erasing the doubt yourself?

Like I said, you would be surprised by how many people feel they experience things and take part in extraordinary things. By trying to reach out to them, there was only one conclusion, that you would find them. So that doesn't actually change anything, because even though I am not a believer, I know that you will find these people, just like you will find people who believe they have been abducted. But it does not make it any more real.

Can you honestly say it is such a wild and outlandish thought that you are experiencing this because you enjoy it? Rather than an actual ghost. It is really fun to experience ghostly things, people love to attribute noises and experiences to something "magical", but that does not make it any more real.

I know i'm pressuring you, but personally, I have good reasons.

#102    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

View Postmattavich123, on 15 April 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

I think you'd be surprised by how normal it is for the average person to go through things like this in their life.

Is it not a solid conclusion to investigate and challenge a very extraordinary experience by simply asking others if they experience the same thing. If I seek out people who have spoken to Jesus, been kissed by the devil, had sexual relations with a Ghost or people who believe they are Jesus re-incarnated, I know I will find them.

Do you see that by seeking out other people like yourself in an attempt to question your doubt you are actually erasing the doubt yourself?

Like I said, you would be surprised by how many people feel they experience things and take part in extraordinary things. By trying to reach out to them, there was only one conclusion, that you would find them. So that doesn't actually change anything, because even though I am not a believer, I know that you will find these people, just like you will find people who believe they have been abducted. But it does not make it any more real.

Can you honestly say it is such a wild and outlandish thought that you are experiencing this because you enjoy it? Rather than an actual ghost. It is really fun to experience ghostly things, people love to attribute noises and experiences to something "magical", but that does not make it any more real.

I know i'm pressuring you, but personally, I have good reasons.

I understand what you are saying however consider this:

Suppose a number of people see the same unusual unidentified animal on their property both individually and at the same time. This creature interacts with them. They can see, be touched by, hear it and interact with it.

One or more of these people seek information about it, including others who may have witnessed the same things. They are not seeking validity as you suggest but information.

The only information they find are scary myth and religious dogma about the animal and a large number of people who say it doesn't exist in the first place simply because they haven't seen it themselves and can't imagine such a thing.

There are however some people who have witnessed the same animal species or type from all places around the globe and can describe it in great detail which very closely matches what was seen themself. They converse and share notes among themselves in an effort to gather information.

There are things in life which can be assumed to be a valid experience. For instance if you walk into a kitchen and smell boiling vegetables and see a pot of stew validation of its reality isn't needed. However when these strange things began happening I did require validation because of the nature of it. That is why she interacted with others I know, and let me know it was her. That was and continues to be my "pot of boiling stew".

An opposite to your point: Saying or believing something does not exist does not invalidate what numbers of people witness. Mental illness is surely sometimes a factor however not always. For example mental illness will not move a chair across the room by itself for others to see.

May I ask if you personally belive ghosts exist or simply an active imagination?
I don't mind this respectable conversation.

Edited by Sergeant, 15 April 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#103    mattavich123

mattavich123

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, but I used to think I could see them and I dream about zombies a lot. I also love scary movies and the dark because I think it is really fun, it gives me a rush.

The thing is, you are right about the animal. However, it is quite plausible for a strange animal to be spotted. We see animals all the time. Here is a good example, I believe the beast of bodmin to be true. I do believe there are wild big cats roaming the countryside in England. There has been some good credible evidence too. It is plausable because we have evidence.

But the problem with spirits is that for them to exist they would have to break the laws of physics as we know it. But after thousands of years we still don't really have any good evidence of Ghosts in any shape or form.

Another example is Aliens, I believe in aliens. I don't believe 99% of the videos I see but it is very plausible they exist because of statistics, models for life and the fact that we exist. This is all good evidence which points to the probability they exist. But again, spirits are a whole different story, the universe just does not show any signs that such a thing could possibly exist.

The idea of a life form that functions in ways similar to us without any of our requirements would put our evolution to shame. How it survives and functions is a complete mystery and the only physical aspects of the universe which at materialize and de-materialize are as small as electrons.

Then you have to consider that when a spirit supposedly interacts with something by moving it, making a noise or communicating then it has to have a physical aspect in the environment. The spirit breaks so many laws of physics by the accounts people tell of. By moving an object or making a sound it would have to somehow exert force on it, but where does it get the energy for this? People say emotion, emotion alone does not provide an energy which can be transferred into a physical force. To feel emotion you need serotonin, dopamine and cortisol which effects a human brain in very specific ways.So even the idea that this spirit is an intelligent being defies everything we know about life. No other life form on this planet can function in such a way.

The closest creature would be a jellyfish which is 97% water, but that does not account for emotions, brain function and intelligence, especially self conciousness.

There are so many things to consider.

Now let me tell you something honest. I yearn for god and ghosts, there is nothing in the world that would make me happier than to discover that there is heaven and that I don't have to worry about the purpose of my life. I am a die hard Athiest, but I would seriously change my life if god revealed itself. So please don't think I am an Atheist who disbelieves the supernatural and god because of some sort of "hate" or "anger". I simply looked at the facts and could not find a way to justify it without denial of observation.

If there was even one experience or credible event which I could honestly say "that's not my brain playing tricks, that's for real!" then I would be as happy as i've ever been.

I had a nervous breakdown during my transition form Christianity to Atheist. My Girlfriend who is a strong willed Christian said it to me best. "A world without god is too painful and dark for me to even think about, so I don't want to think about god not being real". She is deluded, but that is just a term to describe something, it does not mean she is stupid, or mentally ill. It is simply what she wants to believe because it makes her feel better.

Sorry for talking about myself so much in your thread. I guess I have my own issues :)

Edited by mattavich123, 15 April 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#104    jake15

jake15

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

three shadow type ghosts have been abusing me for six months. i have tried everything but nothing seems to stop them. i don't know what to do. i'm not crazy i'm not dreaming or imagining things.

#105    Sergeant

Sergeant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

View Postmattavich123, on 15 April 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

Reference

My theory about ghosts/spirits is they consist of some type of matter or energy which is smaller than our current nuclear model. It would allow them to pass through physical objects as sand through a screen. I believe some of them have developed the ability to assemble themselves in a way to partially effect such a screen and so they are able to effect photons causing us to see them in an opaque manner, disturb air molecules causing us to hear distant voices etc.

Consider medicine only a century or two ago. Germs were not proven to exist because they did not have the equipment to discover them- however I'd bet there were myriad of theories because people could easily see the effects they caused. I think ghosts/spirits are very similar to my medical example. We don't have any devices proven to be able to detect them however their effects can be plainly seen.

God and atheism:
One of my very best internet friends lives across the Atlantic. He has a level head, logic based mind and very intelligent. He's also an avid atheist who has been in a spirit relationship for about 7 years. He completely rejects the idea of an omnipotent central power (God) yet believes in afterlife and consiousness. I'm not saying this will effect anything about you, but I wanted to point out there are atheists who believe in afterlife. (I wasn't sure if you were aware of it)

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users