Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Giants of ancient egypt are fact

giants ancient egypt egyptology mystery pyramids

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
530 replies to this topic

#61    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

I thought it amusing when egyptianlad said we can't mummify in modern times... we could. Someone probably has.... we've moved on to plasticizing now though. See body works exhibit. But now we are not capable of such marvels. :tu:

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#62    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

http://www.stangrist.com/giants.htm

12 foot giants have been documented but thats only upto 4 metres.

#63    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Meganthropus
Egyptian lad this will probably be the best site you can state to support yourself. A well shaved egyptian dressed 'Meganthropus'.

#64    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Why does every group have some over arching conspiratorial control over everything they research? Governments have it over their countries, the religious over the people who worship, and scientists over... uh... scientific facts I guess. I find it extraordinarily silly to always fall back on the 'well, someone lied at one time or another which throws everything everyone did in that field into question'. Have 'giant' bones been found? Yes. Have people thought they were the bones of giant humans? Yes. Most of the time these are quickly debunked, like the Chinese thinking dinosaur bones are dragons.

All it would really take is one of these big name scientists who's controlling this 'conspiracy' to realize 'well, durp, I could make more money revealing the truth!' Or is the conspiracy just that powerful? Is this like National Treasure? I call being Nick Cage.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#65    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostHasina, on 25 September 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Why does every group have some over arching conspiratorial control over everything they research? Governments have it over their countries, the religious over the people who worship, and scientists over... uh... scientific facts I guess. I find it extraordinarily silly to always fall back on the 'well, someone lied at one time or another which throws everything everyone did in that field into question'. Have 'giant' bones been found? Yes. Have people thought they were the bones of giant humans? Yes. Most of the time these are quickly debunked, like the Chinese thinking dinosaur bones are dragons.

All it would really take is one of these big name scientists who's controlling this 'conspiracy' to realize 'well, durp, I could make more money revealing the truth!' Or is the conspiracy just that powerful? Is this like National Treasure? I call being Nick Cage.
I agree with you that conspiracy theorists usually rely on insecurities and often exaggurate but there is a knowledge filter active in the mainstream and also mainstream research is usually guided in directions of preconcived notions.Though saying that it is all a conspiracy would be too harsh,probably arrogance would be a better word to explain a few things.

#66    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postthe L, on 24 September 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Nordics also have stories about Giants.

Yes, and where did those stories come from?

Anyway, I had to think of the medieval Frisians who faught in the Crusades. In the OLB thread I wrote about how they were looked upon by people in the Med and the Middle East.: fierce giants. They must have dwarfed the people they met.

Not saying they lent a hand building the pyramids, though.

Who knows, maybe the African Masai did? They are still among the tallest people on earth.

And stories tend to grow when time passes by.... "how big was that fish again?"

#67    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

And stories tend to grow when time passes by.... "how big was that fish again?"
It was thirte-no twenty feet log and I spent eight hours reeling that sucker in. We humans seem to have this fancy towards stories of giant human and dwarf humans. Maybe we're just insecure about our... 'size'? -winkwonknudgenudge-

Posted Image

~MEH~

#68    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostHasina, on 25 September 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

The only bones of 'giants' ever REALLY found were those of Homo Heidelbergensis in South Africa. According to the paleontologist who found and investigated them, these guys were on average 7 feet tall. But that was many hundreds of thousands of years ago.

+++++

EDIT:

Interview with professor Lee Berger, University of Witwatersrand:

http://www.thenakeds.../interview/833/

According to Professor Lee R. Berger of the University of Witwatersrand, numerous fossil bones indicate some populations of Heidelbergensis were "giants" routinely over 2.13 m (7 ft) tall and inhabited South Africa between 500,000 and 300,000 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

Edited by Abramelin, 25 September 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#69    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's why I put 'giant' in quotation marks. It could be anything from a large hominid to a dinosaur.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#70    Apopo

Apopo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

And here we go again, another thread about giants. Goes to show how much people actually know about ancient Egypt.

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

#71    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostApopo, on 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

And here we go again, another thread about giants. Goes to show how much people actually know about ancient Egypt.
Ancient Egypt was more like the Mummy movies, right? Right? -jk-

Posted Image

~MEH~

#72    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

A well shaved Meganthropus is my bet. Then again could the Hyksos have been building the Great Pyramids.

#73    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postegyptian lad, on 24 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Joe taylor an american researcher who has been in egypt for many times by late of 50s and 60s,he cited several accounts of giant human skeletons in egypt.

He got 47 inche femur bone for 15 feet giant egyptian man, 4.5 meter tall:

Attachment joe taylor2.jpg

this giant leg bone is saved in MTblanco museum of fossils in Texas:

www.mtblanco.com

In rekhmire tomb, the art of colossal seated statue's construction, the sculptors were nearly the same height  between 4 to 5 meter.

this a comparison i made between sculptors of colossal seated statue and giant leg bone:

Attachment dsaw.jpg

Attachment res43j.jpg

You might want to read this article:

The true story of the 47 inch human femur

(...)

So in summary, Taylor made an oversized replica of a normal human femur to represent a bone whose only evidence of existence is a letter based upon rumor. Additionally, the proportions of the bone are wrong. Then along comes Kent Hovind who tries to pass off this fantasy as science and manages to turn a woman into a man in the process.

Carl Marychurch 2005

http://fundiesvathei...ch-human-femur/

#74    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postegyptian lad, on 24 September 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I think we talked before, let me remind you of something:

Dude, For sake of God.................................Insert brain in your empty head, sorry for this sarcastic statement.......its not insult but u just fool urself around.

You have brought for an image of carved statues on modern ages and compare to it to ancient times

Such like your image now, You put a truck lifting stones and u mean it was lifted like that

In the ancient times: There were NO MACHINES, NO TRUCKS, NOR ANY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY.

Why the hell you compare ancient times to modern times, even though if we went in comparison:

Today if u want to build a home, You use iron bars.....cement.....small bricks ( Put under small bricks hundred lines), EVEN THOUGH we have technology and construction machines, We still use small brickes, in order to make the operation easy and so workers would handle too

The stone in ancient egypt: there were stones of 18 ton weight......stones of 2 ton....stone of 70 ton....stones of 700 ton like obelisks.......stones of 100 ton like stones around sphinx:

Attachment 1_1292189175_at-the-unfinished-obeliskk.jpg

Do you think even 20 guys were able to lift this large stone?

My brains are in place, thank you.

But did you ever hear of "perspective" in art?

I guess not.

Well, the man carrying the stone on his shoulder is near the camera, and the 'midgets' you see behind him are not midgets but normal sized people.... at a great distance from the camera.

Second: exaggeration of height was used to portray a "great" king or warrior. Get it? "GREAT".

#75    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postthe L, on 24 September 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

From which temple is this?

Ramses III with captured Libyans and other enemies, Madinet Habu temple.

http://dianabuja.wor...ke-papyrus-etc/

Also tagged with giants, ancient egypt, egyptology, mystery, pyramids

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users