Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whaddaaap ?! - I had a new sighting

Now that I have your attention,

Hey UM'ers!!! I've missed you all! Even the annoying crazy ones! and donteatme ;)

Since I've been away many months, I want to know what's new?

Any really good sightings?

What, no smoking gun?

Disclosures?

Anyway... please let me know....

Now, I did promise a sighting, so here is what I saw (feel free to report to any UFO organisation, as I can't be bothered).

Date: Sun 24th May 2015

Time: Aprox 10:55 to 1105 hours (EST Western Australia I.e UTC +8 hrs)

Location, Directly overhead Kallaroo, very near the coastline, Western Australia.

Description: Looking up at the sky, I noticed a tiny point (white or silver) moving in a roughly Northern direction.

The reason this is UNIDENTIFIED by me (I'm a pilot), is that it is waaaay above normal flight levels...

I guess if a spy plane was doing operations there, you'd barely see it, or a spy drone, or low earth orbit space vehicle...

Anyway, I had no idea what it was and wondered if you could see things like the space station by DAY time, when it TURNED AROUND and headed back South.... Odd...

After going South a couple of minutes I couldn't see it anymore.

I tried looking at it with binoculars and unfortunately this didn't help identify it....except maybe to say, there may have been a bit of flashing or metallic that wasn't possible to see with the naked eye.

Oh, and it was moving very slow, the speed you would expect very terrestrial craft to fly ;) - Well relatively, considering the incredible altitude it must have been to look smaller than a pin head... You guys know what i mean, right?

So who's operating spy craft above WA? hmmm?

Edited by Paxus
  • Like 1

How about a satellite or the ISS. Did you even check because that is exactly what you saw I am guessing?

• Like 2

Hey Bud!!

There was a spectacular meteor shower a bit earlier in the year if I am not mistaken, March I think, couldn't be an oblique angle on a meteor?

Meteors can change direction when they hit the atmosphere, as they heat up water in them expands and erupts violently. But 180 degrees might be something of an ask, just throwing it out there.

No Disclosure

No Smoking gun

Sightings? ...... Meh.

There is a mission that will finally head to Europa though!!

Skyeagle made a short visit back in your absence. Otherwise business as usual mate. How's life and WTF are you doing on the other side of the country mate?

Heavens above does sound like a good bet as Merc suggested, given that a go yet?

Edited by psyche101

How about a satellite or the ISS. Did you even check because that is exactly what you saw I am guessing?

No I didn't because I just wasn't that curious.

I would have thought very high altitude military aircraft before satelite or ISS because it did a 180......

It was just weird is all... and more of an excuse to drop in and say hi ;)

Hey Bud!!

There was a spectacular meteor shower a bit earlier in the year if I am not mistaken, March I think, couldn't be an oblique angle on a meteor?

Meteors can change direction when they hit the atmosphere, as they heat up water in them expands and erupts violently. But 180 degrees might be something of an ask, just throwing it out there.

No Disclosure

No Smoking gun

Sightings? ...... Meh.

There is a mission that will finally head to Europa though!!

Skyeagle made a short visit back in your absence. Otherwise business as usual mate. How's life and WTF are you doing on the other side of the country mate?

Heavens above does sound like a good bet as Merc suggested, given that a go yet?

Hey psyche101!!! The voice of reason!

I've seen meteors during the day and they are usually quite something to see... not a little pin-dot... slowly moving along like an aircraft waay waay waay up high...

And like I said above, wouldn't satellites etc usually go in one direction only...

I'm only mildly curious about spy aircraft and it's not as if anyone is going to tell us about the movements of those ;)

Only a telescope could have answered the question that day and I don't own one :(

My aging folks live on this side of Oz ;)

But what a memory you have! I can only vaguely recall minor things about people here... I'm lucky to recall nicknames! Are you the Gold coast dude with the cool telescope?

Anyway, annoying not to have answers yet... I guess inter-dimensional visitors need never leave 'proof' ;)

Smell ya'll later!

• Like 1

Could it have been a smudge or something stuck to your spectacles?

Could it have been a smudge or something stuck to your spectacles?

Was that a joke? You can never tell without tone or facial expressions... *sighs* Well, just in case you were serious:

Apart from the fact that I don't wear glasses..... I'm a pilot... (Trained meteorological observer)

Also at 42 years of age, I well-know eye-koodies etc from an actual object moving across the sky then doing a slow turn and heading back in the same direction!

Guys, it wasn't something obvious but nor do I think it was ET.

Why I posted was just out of interest, not trying to understand a 'flying saucer' or 'bizarre flight patterned orb of light-thing'.

Perhaps someone here is in the military and they happen to know of some high altitude drone operations over Australia or something like that - That is the most likely...

Gidday Mr P....nice of you to drop by, hope all is well. :tu:

• Like 1

Hello again Paxus - :tu:

I don't remember you being a pilot before - have you recently got your pilot's license..?

• Like 1

No I didn't because I just wasn't that curious.

I would have thought very high altitude military aircraft before satelite or ISS because it did a 180......

It was just weird is all... and more of an excuse to drop in and say hi ;)

I didn't read the 180 part, If it did a 180 it wasn't ISS or a satellite.

I didn't read the 180 part, If it did a 180 it wasn't ISS or a satellite.

yeah, it did, specifically, an "A" shaped turn to head almost in the same direction it came from... but not quite... it's 'leaving' track may have had it headed out over the ocean...

If it came from roughly 170 degrees (heading 350), it then turned and headed about 190 degrees...

Do you know if the ISS or any space vehicles can be seen during the day with the naked eye? (just curious and never looked it up)

Gidday Mr P....nice of you to drop by, hope all is well. :tu:

Hey dude!!!

Wern't we supposed to do up a criteria for cases worth further study once upon a time?! HAHahahahah my good old enthusiastic days!

Hello again Paxus - :tu:

I don't remember you being a pilot before - have you recently got your pilot's license..?

beeeeeeee!!!! Hey darling!

Nope, always had (well since 1996ish) just never really went into much... i wasn't working as a pilot during my UM time...

I think I pretty much only mentioned it in arguments over things like visibility, meteorological phenomenon, pilot or radar observations etc etc relating to UFO arguments ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Australia's most famous person past away. RIP Mark Brandon Reid

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Australia's most famous person past away. RIP Mark Brandon Reid

PFWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I have your attention,

Hey UM'ers!!! I've missed you all! Even the annoying crazy ones! and donteatme ;)

Since I've been away many months, I want to know what's new?

Any really good sightings?

What, no smoking gun?

Disclosures?

Anyway... please let me know....

Well - seeing as you've asked - the highlight for me in the last year was Boyd Bushman's Disclosure when he was

near to death -

Of course - although there is no actual proof that he was fooled by a doll --- that is the main thrust of the hard sceptical

argument - but there are other parts to the documentary - like when he was working with tiny pieces of a craft and was

doing experiments to do with weight loss - for example -

Boyd said he was fed information from a group lead by Edward Teller - and of course Teller was involved in the Lazar business -

so I have a little theory that Teller was a high level 'Discloser' but he did it from behind the scenes -

anyway - have you seen this before ?

- Bless Boyd and may he RIP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XdaD7-QNAk

yeah, it did, specifically, an "A" shaped turn to head almost in the same direction it came from... but not quite... it's 'leaving' track may have had it headed out over the ocean...

If it came from roughly 170 degrees (heading 350), it then turned and headed about 190 degrees...

Do you know if the ISS or any space vehicles can be seen during the day with the naked eye? (just curious and never looked it up)

Not that I know of as the sun is just too bright. ISS is visible at dusk, however, and the brightest object in the night sky when it passes overhead. If you're interested you can register with NASA at the Spot the station web page http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ and they'll email or text you a little one line blurb with time, duration, elevation and direction of travel when the station is going to transit over your area of the world. Works great and I have seen it many times. Most of the world is included as a participating location and simply select your country, state and city.

As far as your sighting I wouldn't think that a high altitude aircraft would be out of the question although verifying that would obviously be difficult to do.

Edited by Merc14

Hi am not a pilot or even a expert in flight drones etc. I was curious if what you saw could have been a high altitude drone? But I don't know the distance they can travel or operating ranges. Very interstesting sighting and great approach to finding the answers.

Btw I'm semi new here nice to meet you!

Hey dude!!!

Wern't we supposed to do up a criteria for cases worth further study once upon a time?! HAHahahahah my good old enthusiastic days!

Quillius-Paxus criterion....I remember it well. And yes not sure when or where we lost that enthusiasm, maybe it was at the point of realisation as to what a monstrous task it would be...and at the end of it we would be no further forward :)

Hi am not a pilot or even a expert in flight drones etc. I was curious if what you saw could have been a high altitude drone? But I don't know the distance they can travel or operating ranges. Very interstesting sighting and great approach to finding the answers.

Btw I'm semi new here nice to meet you!

Global Hawk is what you are thinking of I think as well as other drones I am sure are still classified. Global Hawk has a listed service ceiling of 60K' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-4_Global_Hawk

Global Hawk is what you are thinking of I think as well as other drones I am sure are still classified. Global Hawk has a listed service ceiling of 60K' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-4_Global_Hawk

Awesome, thanks for the link I will do some light reading at lunch.

Hey psyche101!!! The voice of reason!

Good to see ya mate!! Try not to be a stranger if you can help it.

I've seen meteors during the day and they are usually quite something to see... not a little pin-dot... slowly moving along like an aircraft waay waay waay up high...

Yeah the Russian thing is still in my head, that was so spectacular, and there was reports in your area of similar smaller sightings, with the March showers, but the change in direction seems a bit of an ask, 15-30 degrees seems reasonable, 1- does not for a meteor.

And like I said above, wouldn't satellites etc usually go in one direction only...

ISS Docking mission? Maybe one object was in view to the angle of the sun as they separated?

But drones are very possible, there are some experiments that have been airborne for years on the solar front, and local tech is brilliant, I saw these recently, what a great toy!! But I do not know how to track drones myself.

Won't be a Lilly drone, but the level of local tech is amazing. Worth a watch I reckon. I'd like one of these.

I'm only mildly curious about spy aircraft and it's not as if anyone is going to tell us about the movements of those ;)

Only a telescope could have answered the question that day and I don't own one :(

I think satellites do most of the spying these days.

My aging folks live on this side of Oz ;)

But what a memory you have! I can only vaguely recall minor things about people here... I'm lucky to recall nicknames! Are you the Gold coast dude with the cool telescope?

:tu: That's me :D

Anyway, annoying not to have answers yet... I guess inter-dimensional visitors need never leave 'proof' ;)

Smell ya'll later!

I see a lot of contrails rising up into space from here quite often of late, every couple of months. We are launching some cool stuff, but I have not a clue what it might be. Often very large arcs as if heading for the upper atmosphere not space, wonder if there is any connection.

Cheers Bro, as I said, don't be a stranger mate :D

• Like 1

Good to see you alive and kicking, Paxus!

As for your sighting - interesting... You did say it went overhead, so i gotta ask whether you are sure that the turn wasn't that effect you get when your perspective changes as you turn your head to follow something.. Your description suggests otherwise, so it was prolly a dumb question.. but it can be a quite compelling illusion.

Coupla things.. The ISS is indeed visible in daylight, but you either need to know where to look, or happen to be lucky to scan the sky and look straight at it - once you've got it, especially if the solar panels are reflecting the sun right, it's definitely visible.

But it doesn't do 180's - minor course corrections yes, but not turns.

Did you see the actual turn, or did you look away and then look back? Was it a sharp turn or a slow rounded one? If it was very sharp, then perhaps you just saw two things, crossing paths... but that's a really long shot.

I'd say it was probably a spy plane or experimental thingummy - after all, they are probably tracking you.....

Edited by ChrLzs

Well - seeing as you've asked - the highlight for me in the last year was Boyd Bushman's Disclosure when he was

near to death -

Of course - although there is no actual proof that he was fooled by a doll --- that is the main thrust of the hard sceptical

argument - but there are other parts to the documentary - like when he was working with tiny pieces of a craft and was

doing experiments to do with weight loss - for example -

Boyd said he was fed information from a group lead by Edward Teller - and of course Teller was involved in the Lazar business -

so I have a little theory that Teller was a high level 'Discloser' but he did it from behind the scenes -

anyway - have you seen this before ?

- Bless Boyd and may he RIP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XdaD7-QNAk

No bee, I haven't seen it and THANK YOU, this is what I was after, as I have no time to weed out crap from even vaguely interesting on YouTube these days!

I will watch it right after replying to all here!

Double-nice to see you still here! ;)

EDIT - I'm at the 14:21 min mark of the video...

1. My skeptic sense tingle overtime with this guy... Don't know why... I 'feel' he's been mislead perhaps...

2. I have questions of the real hardcore researchers:

(A) IS this guy a real ex-lead scientist for Lockheed?

( B) Is this THE guy that came out and said, "ALL THAT YOU HAVE SEEN ON SCI FI, WE CAN ALREADY DO"?

© Was there more than one Lockheed retiree that has come out and made claims like these (of both us having HIGH technology and ET connectiosn)?

3. That photo of the 'alien', I'm pretty sure I've seen it before and it was one of the easily debunked ones... I also noticed it looked different (more frayed) than all the others... His credibility took a dive here... for me personally.... :(

Edited by Paxus

-text cut - Paxus: Thanks for info re ISS ! -

As far as your sighting I wouldn't think that a high altitude aircraft would be out of the question although verifying that would obviously be difficult to do.

This is the frustrating part, having never observed a spy-plane operating, I cannot compare! ;)