Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My horrible experiences.

artandjoy

When I was younger, I had very bad experiences with the paranormal. I would remember just entering a state of shock while I was sitting or standing, and not being able to move at all. I would hear very heaving breathing, and it would get louder, until the last minute when I would snap out of it. I would wake up with very bad scratches down my back and legs. The one thing I've never told anyone is when I was that age, I would hear people talking to me, telling me to do stuff or something very bad would happen. I never told anyone about it because I was afraid no one would believe me. I still don't tell anyone because I'm not sure if it was just my young mind playing tricks on me. But it'd be just little things, such as "put that book back in place," or "pick that sock up." I never wanted to do it, but something just drew me to do it. I think it was fear, because it all just seemed too real. The voices and everything. Looking back on it, I realize that the more fear I would have, the stronger the presence would feel, and the more danger or anger I felt. When I turned eleven, I decided I should just let it go. It was the day I was going on vacation. It was very early and I was at a parent's friend's house while my mother went out to run a few errands. It would be a five hour drive. The lady had a daughter, and there was a doll on the floor of her room. I remember being told to put it back or else "something bad would happen", but I didn't, as my name was being called into the next room.

I was a little proud of myself, actually, that I kind of.."stood up" for myself I guess? So I just kind of chillaxed on the sofa, watched some spongebob for a few. Then I remember my aunt storming in the house, grabbing my hand, and telling me to come on. I rushed to her car a little scared and curious. I asked what was wrong and she replied with,

"Your mom just got into a car accident."

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes, letting fear push you around is not good. I do like how you have worked with it.

John

Fear feeds on fear, you have to break the cycle.

How did you mom make out?

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. My mother made it out good, thankfully. A few bruises and minor whiplash. The experiences stopped last year. Over time, when I would feel the presence and even hear things right behind me, I'd just take a deep breath and tell myself not to be afraid. It seemed to follow me around, also (We move a lot.). Then I guess it got.. a little more aggressive? I'm starting to think it wanted my attention, or to show some fear. It got to the point where things in my kitchen would move around and fall off of the counter. It did get a bit annoying when my friends would refuse to come over because of the "eerie" feeling they got staying over. I just started to shrug it off, and now that I'm in a new house, I haven't experienced anything at all.

• Like 1

Not discounting what you felt, but OCD will make you have feelings like that. It's called 'magical thinking'. I know because I used to have it really badly. It really does seem like an external voice.

I also had to do things a certain way and things had to be just so, etc. It could have been just coincidence that the one time you decided to fight the OCD something bad happened.

• Like 2

Not discounting what you felt, but OCD will make you have feelings like that. It's called 'magical thinking'. I know because I used to have it really badly. It really does seem like an external voice.

I also had to do things a certain way and things had to be just so, etc. It could have been just coincidence that the one time you decided to fight the OCD something bad happened.

What Coldethyl said.

The first thing that popped into my mind as I was reading your post was OCD ... I had it as a teenager, and it was very similar to what you've described .. Thankfully, it disappeared as quietly as it came after I got out of puberty ..

If the voices come back, I suggest you see a therapist and see what they make of it ..

As to the accident your mum went through, I don't think it was a coincidence as I don't believe in them, but maybe it somehow connected to the OCD .. Like laws of attraction .. You know, when you constantly think that something bad will happen to you, it probably will ..

• Like 1

Wow that is a spooky story! well glad the ghosts or magical think is gone andyou are doing much better now.

I am happy for you and keep up the good work!