Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mainstream Alien

we all live the thug life

I was wondering what are some of the most popular alien stories, besides Roswell. Tell me your opinions about these stories.

I was wondering what are some of the most popular alien stories, besides Roswell. Tell me your opinions about these stories.

The Kecksburg PA crash is widely covered and speculated on as is the Tunguska explosion of 1908.

The case of Betty and Barney Hill is perhaps the most widely known alien abduction story.

I can't think of any other 'mainstream' UFO cases at the moment.

The Kecksburg PA crash is widely covered and speculated on as is the Tunguska explosion of 1908.

The case of Betty and Barney Hill is perhaps the most widely known alien abduction story.

I can't think of any other 'mainstream' UFO cases at the moment.

I heard of the Betty and Barney Hill story but I can't recall what the story is

You can google "most popular aliens stories".

My opinion is that you will find SPECULATIONS regarding E.T's. You will find nothing of verifiable, scientific evidence to support the existence of E.T's. Nor will you find any valid scientific evidence to support any of the speculations you come across regarding E.T's.

But that's just MY opinion.

what about the movie "fire in the sky"? not sure if it's based on something supposedly true or not..

My opinion is that you will find SPECULATIONS regarding E.T's. You will find nothing of verifiable, scientific evidence to support the existence of E.T's. Nor will you find any valid scientific evidence to support any of the speculations you come across regarding E.T's.

Your opinion counts!! I don't try and argue with people to force my beliefs. I like to hear what people say as long as they can respect what I say. I know there is no scientific evidence to prove E.T.s but I'm a believer. I'm a beleiver because since I was a kid, the existence of E.T.s was a mystery to me, and I'm just fascinated with the stories that people have, but I do have a skeptical eye on stories though, because you don't know if they are real or not. Roswell, is a total fake! I think the gov't made the story up to hide what was really going on with world. And you can see how easily it worked. Our minds strayed from the fact of a potential war that was ahead.

• Like 1

what about the movie "fire in the sky"? not sure if it's based on something supposedly true or not..

It is, at least vaguely. Not much evidence for or against the story, IIRC. Google it and check Wikipedia. I used to know a couple of sites related to the story but my internet connection is incredibly slow and Wikipedia won't load at all for some reason, so I can't be much help. crying.gif

I do remember it was one of the few "true" abduction stories featuring a brave protagonist who actually escaped.

My all-time fave is the stroy of Frederick Valentich. He disappeared near where I live. I was very young the time and now it's folklore.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~vufors/valensum.htm

It happened while he was ON THE RADIO!! The above link includes transcript.

Bigdaddy! Fire in the sky is awesome, and, yes, is true! Well, I mean, I wasn't there. But Travis Walton seems a very credible witness. I've seen him on youtube recently, talking not just about the abduction but all the associated hoopla. I also saw him on the Springer show years ago, on a show with Riley Martin, and the Walton boys looked mighty p***ed off about being associated with him.

This link is a rather mean attempt to debunk him.

http://www.debunker.com/texts/walton.html

But I ask you, if you lived in rural America with dwindling industry and no dole wouldn't you make a living off any opportunity that came your way?

Bill Chalker is a local Ufologist that is fairly reputable. But some of the stories he's collected really push credibility.

Here's one from his site:

AN "ET" ELF IN A MANDURAH HUMPY?

In 1982 a 67 year old woman saw a picture of "ET", Steven Spielberg's cute alien creation. It made her think of an experience she had as a 15 year old girl, near the estuary at Mandurah, Western Australia. She supplied a report to the Perth UFO Research Group which stated: "(In 1930 I was) sitting reading with my parents in a humpy, on a block in Mandurah, in Greary Rd, by the light of a hurricane lamp, with the door partly open. The time (was) about 8 pm as we went to bed early.

"A little pink creature walked in. (It was) about 24 inches in height (with) large ears, big bulbous eyes, covered with a film, small hands, large feet, slit of a mouth, no hair, and shiny as if wet or oily. "We were terrified and my father went white and being a religious man said it was the work of the devil. "Picking up a prawning net, he picked it up in it and it made a noise like 'EE...EE' and my father put it outside.

We never saw it again and went to bed feeling very scared. This was in 1930 and I never thought any more about it until I saw a picture of 'ET,' although only its eyes were the same. ... It did not have a round body, more straight down like a child's body. I cannot remember seeing any sex organs... (It's shape was) like an elf." [7]

Before we leave this quaint tale behind, I will mention anthropologist's Dr. Charles Mountford's description of a "spirit child" in his fascinating study, Nomads of the Australian Desert: "This child, called mulu-kuranti (nose-spirit), was a mamu (malignant being).

Its fingers were twisted, it had ears like a kangaroo, large eyes resembling those of an owl, a grotesque face, and projecting teeth. When Kuntunga (mother of all spirit-children, the "julanja") was suckling this infant, it bit her so often that she finally killed it and left the body in the creek, where it was transformed into (an) irregularly-shaped boulder."

http://www.theozfiles.com/history_australian_ufo_history.html

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks Murrangurk, it's a very interesting website I can't wait to look further into it. The stories are pretty interesting.

The USAF Rendelsham Incident fills me with all sorts of questions and foreboding.

It's like something out of Doctor Who - UFO turns up one night, and then the next. Squaddies go out to investigate and see something physical that (IIRC) plays havoc with radios and leaves traces that are radioactive. Some sources say there is some sort of communion between the object and base personnel, others that "men in suits" turn up for a debrief that can be summed up as "nothing happened last night". Oddly given that it was an American base, said "men in suits" were British.

Also the story of Mister Janus boggles my mind. Prince Phillip says "I wonder what these alien johnnies are up to" and sends his Equerry (a sort of batman or all purpose personal assistant) to have a chat with MI5 and MI6. One of them put him onto "Mister Janus" and say (and this is where it gets interesting) "are you licenced to carry a sidearm? if so, take it". The Equerry meets Mister Janus, who stuns him with a few astute comments and Holmesian deductions about his role and purpose in visiting him.

Later, well and truly rattled, the Equerry (who served in the SAS, so not a man to frighten easily) takes some Armed Response Units to Mister Janus' hotel, only to find him gone with no trace he was ever there (not even the landlady knew there was anyone in the room).

The USAF Rendelsham Incident fills me with all sorts of questions and foreboding.

It's like something out of Doctor Who - UFO turns up one night, and then the next. Squaddies go out to investigate and see something physical that (IIRC) plays havoc with radios and leaves traces that are radioactive. Some sources say there is some sort of communion between the object and base personnel, others that "men in suits" turn up for a debrief that can be summed up as "nothing happened last night". Oddly given that it was an American base, said "men in suits" were British.

Also the story of Mister Janus boggles my mind. Prince Phillip says "I wonder what these alien johnnies are up to" and sends his Equerry (a sort of batman or all purpose personal assistant) to have a chat with MI5 and MI6. One of them put him onto "Mister Janus" and say (and this is where it gets interesting) "are you licenced to carry a sidearm? if so, take it". The Equerry meets Mister Janus, who stuns him with a few astute comments and Holmesian deductions about his role and purpose in visiting him.

Later, well and truly rattled, the Equerry (who served in the SAS, so not a man to frighten easily) takes some Armed Response Units to Mister Janus' hotel, only to find him gone with no trace he was ever there (not even the landlady knew there was anyone in the room).

I read the wikipedia version and it said there are interviews on youtube with two of the people that were near the aircraft and one said they even took pictures of it. This story truly is Britian's Roswell. But i was wondering where are the pictures if there are any?

I don't know if this deals with aliens but I remeber something being an incident and military was trying to manipulate gravity and the people in the aircraft got formed into the aircraft. I wish i could remember.

It is, at least vaguely. Not much evidence for or against the story, IIRC. Google it and check Wikipedia. I used to know a couple of sites related to the story but my internet connection is incredibly slow and Wikipedia won't load at all for some reason, so I can't be much help. crying.gif

I do remember it was one of the few "true" abduction stories featuring a brave protagonist who actually escaped.

nah, i'll take your word for it.

Damn, I knew I was forgetting a famous one. Brittan's Roswell.

Your opinion counts!! I don't try and argue with people to force my beliefs. I like to hear what people say as long as they can respect what I say. I know there is no scientific evidence to prove E.T.s but I'm a believer. I'm a beleiver because since I was a kid, the existence of E.T.s was a mystery to me, and I'm just fascinated with the stories that people have, but I do have a skeptical eye on stories though, because you don't know if they are real or not. Roswell, is a total fake! I think the gov't made the story up to hide what was really going on with world. And you can see how easily it worked. Our minds strayed from the fact of a potential war that was ahead.

I have been fascinated with space my whole life. I think I always assumed there was other life in the universe besides our own. I have always been curious as to what is out there.

I've scoured the Internet to read stories about alien abductions. I was hoping I would find some really great evidence to support their existence and to learn about them.

All I have ever found is hearsay and speculations. I have found nothing in regard to credible scientific evidence to support the existence of E.T's.

Speculations used to be fun and interesting to me. But now I am at a point in my life where I don't want to speculate, I want to KNOW.

IF E.T's are visiting Earth and abducting some of us, why don't they tell us why they are doing it? Why are they hiding?

And why can't we indulge in OUR curiosity about THEM? I mean if they are doing exams and experiments on us, poking and prodding us, it's only fair that we return the favor.

With the subject of E.T's there are tons of questions but no definite answers. So I keep coming back to....What in the world is really going on?

Are E.T's myth or are they fact? I hope they turn out to be fact, but only time will tell.

As far as Roswell goes, I haven't looked into it that much, but your opinion seems very likely to me.

• Like 1

I have been fascinated with space my whole life. I think I always assumed there was other life in the universe besides our own. I have always been curious as to what is out there.

I've scoured the Internet to read stories about alien abductions. I was hoping I would find some really great evidence to support their existence and to learn about them.

All I have ever found is hearsay and speculations. I have found nothing in regard to credible scientific evidence to support the existence of E.T's.

Speculations used to be fun and interesting to me. But now I am at a point in my life where I don't want to speculate, I want to KNOW.

IF E.T's are visiting Earth and abducting some of us, why don't they tell us why they are doing it? Why are they hiding?

And why can't we indulge in OUR curiosity about THEM? I mean if they are doing exams and experiments on us, poking and prodding us, it's only fair that we return the favor.

With the subject of E.T's there are tons of questions but no definite answers. So I keep coming back to....What in the world is really going on?

Are E.T's myth or are they fact? I hope they turn out to be fact, but only time will tell.

As far as Roswell goes, I haven't looked into it that much, but your opinion seems very likely to me.

I think the aliens don't want to come out of their alien closet yet! But look at all the effort put into finding ETs, if we finally get crediable proof then what's left? We will lose another mystery.

• Like 1

BRILLIANT!!! Thanks for sharing!

You know, sometimes I try and figure out all this UFO stuff, sifting through all this crazy info. I have concluded that we are facing what I call the Dr Who scenario. That is, All aliens, all the time, millions of them, every dimension, constant visitations, all throughout history. Not only are there Zetan greys, but also greys that are us from the future, and Icke's telling the truth, and Sitchin is from an alternative dimension that resonates into ours, (think about it - have you actually MET him?) so he's actually telling the truth, but only in his dimension where the laws of physics can allow a planet like Nibiru to exist. EVeryone in his dimension knows he's telling the truth, but he can't hear them agree with him and laud him as a great scientist because he can only hear us, saying how wacko he is.

I also think that this 21st century day and age is kind of like the wild west of information. All the aliens and extra dimensional entities hide out here and now where they can never be identified due to masses of misinformation, and can be hidden from historical accounts. VEry useful if you are a time traveller, especially a renegade one.This is why the greys never came back for their ship at Roswell, because in the future, where they set out from, there was NO RECORD of the ship crashing, because all the military were erasing and misinforming for centuries after. Obviously.

This makes everything a lot easier to deal with. Occasionaly, and only very occasionally, I spend a little time in the boring cause-effect scientific legal reality, but as the years go by it appeals less and less to me!

By the way, if any aliems DO eventually come out of the closet, maybe Prince Phillip is NOT the best ambassador? I can just see the little guys all lined up, and PP comes along... "Hello there. So you're the little green fellows, ey? I suppose you enjoy the odd anal probe? We've got lots of poofers here in England."

"Qaxxar to Zetan Command, Earthlings far too rude. Prepare to destroy planet...."

BRILLIANT!!! Thanks for sharing!

You know, sometimes I try and figure out all this UFO stuff, sifting through all this crazy info. I have concluded that we are facing what I call the Dr Who scenario. That is, All aliens, all the time, millions of them, every dimension, constant visitations, all throughout history. Not only are there Zetan greys, but also greys that are us from the future, and Icke's telling the truth, and Sitchin is from an alternative dimension that resonates into ours, (think about it - have you actually MET him?) so he's actually telling the truth, but only in his dimension where the laws of physics can allow a planet like Nibiru to exist. EVeryone in his dimension knows he's telling the truth, but he can't hear them agree with him and laud him as a great scientist because he can only hear us, saying how wacko he is.

I also think that this 21st century day and age is kind of like the wild west of information. All the aliens and extra dimensional entities hide out here and now where they can never be identified due to masses of misinformation, and can be hidden from historical accounts. VEry useful if you are a time traveller, especially a renegade one.This is why the greys never came back for their ship at Roswell, because in the future, where they set out from, there was NO RECORD of the ship crashing, because all the military were erasing and misinforming for centuries after. Obviously.

This makes everything a lot easier to deal with. Occasionaly, and only very occasionally, I spend a little time in the boring cause-effect scientific legal reality, but as the years go by it appeals less and less to me!

wow. that's alot to digest. you could definately be a sci-fi writer, imo.

You'll find no scientific evidence to disprove them either!......But that's just my opinion. :yes: ....Rendlesham-1980 is my personal favourite! :tu:

I think the aliens don't want to come out of their alien closet yet! But look at all the effort put into finding ETs, if we finally get crediable proof then what's left? We will lose another mystery.

Maybe the E.T's don't want to come out of the closet, yet. I'm sure they have their reasons. But when we do find "solid" evidence of them, the mystery will be far from over, IMO.

The question "Is other Life possible in the universe?" may be answered but it will open far more doors, then it will close.

Once we have "proof" of E.T life we will not suddenly know everything about all the life in the universe, let alone know everything about whatever life form we found.

We would only know that the search for life in the universe is worth the time and funding to find it. Because there is a greater probability that we will find more life out there.

So the mystery will become more valid and grow. The more we know, the more questions we will have.

You'll find no scientific evidence to disprove them either!......But that's just my opinion. :yes: ....Rendlesham-1980 is my personal favourite! :tu:

IMO, You are correct! There is nothing in science that disproves E.T's can indeed exist. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... IMO, The universe is teeming with life. I just can't accept that the entire universeis void of life, besides on our little planet.

I'll have to look into Rendlesham-1980.

• 2 years later...
name='Murrangurk' timestamp='1270885111' post='3368832']

My all-time fave is the stroy of Frederick Valentich. He disappeared near where I live. I was very young the time and now it's folklore.

http://members.ozema...rs/valensum.htm

It happened while he was ON THE RADIO!! The above link includes transcript.

Bigdaddy! Fire in the sky is awesome, and, yes, is true! Well, I mean, I wasn't there. But Travis Walton seems a very credible witness. I've seen him on youtube recently, talking not just about the abduction but all the associated hoopla. I also saw him on the Springer show years ago, on a show with Riley Martin, and the Walton boys looked mighty p***ed off about being associated with him.

This link is a rather mean attempt to debunk him.

http://www.debunker....xts/walton.html

But I ask you, if you lived in rural America with dwindling industry and no dole wouldn't you make a living off any opportunity that came your way?

Bill Chalker is a local Ufologist that is fairly reputable. But some of the stories he's collected really push credibility.

Here's one from his site:

AN "ET" ELF IN A MANDURAH HUMPY?

In 1982 a 67 year old woman saw a picture of "ET", Steven Spielberg's cute alien creation. It made her think of an experience she had as a 15 year old girl, near the estuary at Mandurah, Western Australia. She supplied a report to the Perth UFO Research Group which stated: "(In 1930 I was) sitting reading with my parents in a humpy, on a block in Mandurah, in Greary Rd, by the light of a hurricane lamp, with the door partly open. The time (was) about 8 pm as we went to bed early.

"A little pink creature walked in. (It was) about 24 inches in height (with) large ears, big bulbous eyes, covered with a film, small hands, large feet, slit of a mouth, no hair, and shiny as if wet or oily. "We were terrified and my father went white and being a religious man said it was the work of the devil. "Picking up a prawning net, he picked it up in it and it made a noise like 'EE...EE' and my father put it outside.

We never saw it again and went to bed feeling very scared. This was in 1930 and I never thought any more about it until I saw a picture of 'ET,' although only its eyes were the same. ... It did not have a round body, more straight down like a child's body. I cannot remember seeing any sex organs... (It's shape was) like an elf." [7]

Before we leave this quaint tale behind, I will mention anthropologist's Dr. Charles Mountford's description of a "spirit child" in his fascinating study, Nomads of the Australian Desert: "This child, called mulu-kuranti (nose-spirit), was a mamu (malignant being).

Its fingers were twisted, it had ears like a kangaroo, large eyes resembling those of an owl, a grotesque face, and projecting teeth. When Kuntunga (mother of all spirit-children, the "julanja") was suckling this infant, it bit her so often that she finally killed it and left the body in the creek, where it was transformed into (an) irregularly-shaped boulder."

http://www.theozfile...fo_history.html

Enjoy!

Hi Everyone

I dont know if I will get any responses from this i see its been a while since anyone posted here, i was just wondering if anyone has found out anymore about the "spirit child"? I live 40 minutes from where it roughly happened all those years ago and after the experience my mate had last week i couldnt help but start researching it...

If anyone knows anymore, where to find the info or just wants to hear a slightly hair raising story let me know.

Cheers people,

Trav...