Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman posts her winning ticket on Facebook

Still Waters

It is not a good idea to post winning lottery numbers or horse race tickets on Facebook.

A woman named Chantelle from Perth, Australia, found this out the hard way when she won $825 (£384) on a bet at the Melbourne Cup horse race.

She posted a grinning selfie on Facebook, including her winning ticket, complete with scannable barcode to celebrate winning $825, on a horse called Prince Of Penzance with 101-1 odds.

http://www.telegraph...e-winnings.html

Am trying to figure out what is thicker...her eyebrows or brain.

• Like 2

Hehe, That's made my day, Guess she'll have to work a bit harder for that boob job now.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 3

She said all of her facebook things are private......She accepted my friend request in less then 20 minutes :)

• Like 2

Am trying to figure out what is thicker...her eyebrows or brain.

Well she's not as thick as some. I actually decided to place an each way bet on no. 8 (which ran second), however I forgot what time the race was running and arrived at the tote 1 minute before the race, way too late to get through the queue and make the bet in time. grrrrrrrr. This is why I avoid the cup each year and prefer to just stay home or hang out with similarly minded friends.

On the plus side -another other nation or state on Earth around that can say they get a public holiday for the sake of a horse race?

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

Well she's not as thick as some. I actually decided to place an each way bet on no. 8 (which ran second), however I forgot what time the race was running and arrived at the tote 1 minute before the race, way too late to get through the queue and make the bet in time. grrrrrrrr. This is why I avoid the cup each year and prefer to just stay home or hang out with similarly minded friends.

On the plus side -another other nation or state on Earth around that can say they get a public holiday for the sake of a horse race?

I am useless at this kind of betting, I went to Catford (now closed) 3 times and won nothing, I think my dogs still did not stand a chance even if they had 6 legs and wings. :cry: Like you, I have now decided my odds are better kept at home.

• Like 1