Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Witnesses of Revelation murdered

Raptor Witness

Have you ever pondered why the Two Witnesses of Revelation are murdered for their testimony against the Beast and False prophet, at the end of time? Is it because the Christians are all gone and raptured away, unable to protect them, or is it because the state of the world is such that the "Christians" on earth don't recognize God's own messengers?

Which scenario do you believe it to be?

1) The church is gone.

2) The church is completely and totally deceived by the Devil.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor Witness

• RisenPrism

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Charlie Mike

I think alot of churches use scare tactics on their followers.

Hell fire and brimbstone. Scare them to come to church.

I agree with the above post about scare tactics used by churches throughout history, though anyone who does not heed the words of Revelation is a fool. I'm not saying that all of the events of the book are going to happen- much of it is metaphorical, except I believe the literal meaning of the return of Christ. But regardless of what I believe, the overall message of revelation is a very real one- drastic action must be taken to prevent the destruction of civilization by our own hands. The war for the future must be fought in the past.

False Prophet... and you don't agree with me saying that religion is something that governments in the old days used to control people? Please quit contridicting yourself it is quite annoying.

IF Revelation is true, then I believe that the Two Witnesses sent from Heaven by God to preach against the Antichrist. The Antichrist will be mad of course and kill them on tv in front of everyone. Then God will rise their souls from their bodies so that the entire world knows that Antichrist is infact Antichrist.

This may answer some questions you have about Christian religion. I'm a Pagan myself, so I wonder about all of this....but I had never read this or knew this material until a few days ago. It's an intresting read.

Christians still use scare tacticts and nothing seems to change here.

False Prophet... and you don't agree with me saying that religion is something that governments in the old days used to control people? Please quit contridicting yourself it is quite annoying.

IF Revelation is true, then I believe that the Two Witnesses sent from Heaven by God to preach against the Antichrist. The Antichrist will be mad of course and kill them on tv in front of everyone. Then God will rise their souls from their bodies so that the entire world knows that Antichrist is infact Antichrist.

I never contradicted myself. I said before that religion is much more than something used to control people. That doesn't prevent me from believing that the Catholic Church has used scare tactics, alongside profound Holy Doctrine, to attract people to the church.

It seems odd to me that the wedding supper of the Lamb would be taking place while the Heavenly court is in session. You don't hold a trial during a celebration. Unless it is God the Father presiding, but even this doesn't make much sense, as why have a celebration going on simultaneous with the trial of the Beast and False Prophet? For this reason I lean towards #2. That is, the church will be present during their testimony and witness the power of God, but will not believe it, at their own "peril," which is described in my signature. The reason for the "peril" is a failure to repent and the people's faith in the false miracles of the Devil working through mankind, and their failure to recognize the power of God when they see it. It's the same sin which the Pharisees were originally guilty of. For having seen the power of God heal and raise the dead, they called it Satanic. Perhaps the second time around, God instead sends the modern Pharisees destruction, which they likewise ignore as real, or will call Satanic. One thing is for certain, the witnesses are not believed, as gifts are exchanged upon their deaths.

The False Prophet will always seek to preserve the status quo, or even increase the sin of the age, whereas a real prophet will tell you that all Hell is about to break loose, and beg for repentance.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Have you ever pondered why the Two Witnesses of Revelation are murdered for their testimony against the Beast and False prophet, at the end of time? Is it because the Christians are all gone and raptured away, unable to protect them, or is it because the state of the world is such that the "Christians" on earth don't recognize God's own messengers?

Which scenario do you believe it to be?

1) The church is gone.

2) The church is completely and totally deceived by the Devil.

I'm not sure that either of your options has to be true for the death of the prophets to happen.

If you read further in the book of Revelation you find that these two are resurrected after laying dead in the street for all to see.

I believe their deaths take place so that God can show that He is more powerful than the Beast. The Beast kills the prophets and God just brings them back to life and after that they cannot be killed.

It is meant to be a sign to those who are knowingly following the Beast in his battle against God. He wants them to see their "god" is powerless, giving them an opportunity to repent.

The seers or prophets of any age are often considered mad. After all, why would anyone go out into the wilderness or desert, withdrawing from humanity, wearing animal skins like a caveman, and eating wild honey and locusts? Is this not madness? When Christians tell the story of John the Baptist, they focus on the water only, to their own demise. For the message was much more than the water, as John was the anti "technology" lobbyist of his day. So when you hear that your television and atomic bombs are signs of the End of the Age, believe it. The message of the False Prophet is always to maintain the status quo, never repentance.

If you study history carefully, you will find the the final step or stage of any nation's dissolution and decline, is the death and destruction of their seers. The United States shall be no different.