Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you leave Earth or stay?

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

• Like 1

I think the only reason for going would be to expand your own knowledge, but then what is knowledge without communication? It's like dying, finding out what happens after death, but not being able to tell anyone. So I have answered with returning to Earth.

Very good question though. Would certainly be an awesome experience!

• Like 1

I've got nothing against the planet, just the people who run it. I think the majority of humanity sucks to be honest, so there would be a condition that only nice humans could join me.

• Like 1

Eagerly awaits the results even though, for some reason, i can't vote myself... :blink:

Edited by Paxus

Now that would really be blind faith to believe that they were nice aliens. :lol:

Nice till they get you to their planet.

• Like 1

What would your answer be Pax? I'd like to see who put 'No Way!' and why..

There are many variables to consider here. But assuming that they CAN feed me, converse with me, socialize with me, and perhaps on the condition that I get to take a companion or three, I would have to go.

I mean, consider the number of humans who have lived and died here? What story really remains to be told that is as novel as a new world, filled with worlds, and new peoples, filled with knowledge? Why would I give up this possible discovery merely to live in increasing squalor on a currently dying world? At the very least, suppose I can bring back what I learn? They teach individuals or small groups because they fear destroying the natural balance of planetary sentients. But, whatever techs these people can understand they can bring home. That would be word-saving for us.

Even just the opportunity to learn would be enough for me.

Edited by Druidus-Logos
  • Like 1

Only if i could return to earth, would not be easy to be completely without other people for the rest of my life. Mankind might be "bad" in many ways, but there are still some of them i care about.

• Like 1

Now that would really be blind faith to believe that they were nice aliens. :lol:

Nice till they get you to their planet.

They'd still probably be nicer than the people who control this planet of ours.

• Like 2

I said absolutely but would only do this if I could bring my husband and kids with me. Oh and my mom, dad, brother, neice. I'd have a harder time leaving family than I would the planet.

• Like 1

Not only that, but if they WANTED me, and sailed through space, across interstellar distances, to get me, they would just take me.

• Like 1

Like Eldorado said,... They might seem nice til your beyond Neptune. Then you realize (while they chew on your butt-cheeks) that Earth is just one of those interstellar "fast food" joints.

I would go in a heart-beat!

I have always wanted to travel through space - ever since I saw my first Star trek episode.

As for this world. I guess you could say I've seen enough. That and the fact that I would feel like I am missing out on possibly unbelievable experiences makes this scenario a 'no-brainer' for me.

I'd go go go!

Like Eldorado said,... They might seem nice til your beyond Neptune. Then you realize (while they chew on your butt-cheeks) that Earth is just one of those interstellar "fast food" joints.

Again, this is illogical.

Nobody would cross interstellar space to ASK a sentient being to come with them so they could eat it at home. I say this confidently. Nobody. It simply doesn't make sense. If you wanted to, you could just take and breed them.

Edited by Druidus-Logos

I never said any such thing. I said the aliens would be better than the people who run earth right now.

I'd go in a heartbeat; once you've been here for over 40 years everything is kinda, "meh".

• Like 1

I want my own planet, and would screen any and all other people for entrance based on a mental, physical, spiritual, morals, upbringing, genetic, and ethics test. I'd make it a paradise for those who gain entrance. :D

It depends on their immigration policies, if it is anything like the UK's then no.. It would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire & I would like to see few photos of the alien chicks and their views on sex before marriage etc...

Edited to add: Can I take my Golf clubs?

Edited by Ohelemapit

It depends on their immigration policies, if it is anything like the UK's then no.. It would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire & I would like to see few photos of the alien chicks and their views on sex before marriage etc...

Edited to add: Can I take my Golf clubs?

If they look like 95% of the alien babes from star trek then extra bonus...

Knowing my luck mate, I would get stuck with the other 5%.

7 of 9

Dax

Kes

Ishara Yar

no time for Deanna Troi....i'd slap her...plus she can read your mind...........Noooooo!

Knowing my luck mate, I would get stuck with the other 5%.

No worries man that's what the Romulan ale is is for ^_^ you won't remember a thing lol.

Come on Eldorado Troy was pretty yummy back in the day. However that mind reading thing would get me far to much trouble.

I voted I would go , only if I could return to earth someday.

I find beauty in our planet every time I look at something or someone in it. This planet is our lifeboat in the great big universe.

The life on this planet, at this time, is unique and special, as we know of no other planet in the universe, that is anything like Earth.

Earth and all the life she holds, could be one in a trillion, or just one of a billion in a trillion. We don't know how unique or common the life on Earth is, yet.

I'd love to explore the universe and find out. What other life is out there and in what forms does it work? Just how big is the universe? How common is it for a planet to have life on it?

The idea of being the only human on an alien spaceship, cruising around the universe, is thrilling and terrifying for me at the same time. There could just be so many differences, between our species and theirs, not just physically, but in thought and reasoning, communication and behaviour. It seems the possibility of unintentional offence would be high, on both sides.

I would hope that whoever these friendly E.T's are in this scenario, they would totally understand human behaviour. And help me to understand theirs.

I'd love to see their home planet and how they behave as a civilisation, and learn all that I could about everything I could.

But I'd have to be able to come back to earth at some point, while all the people I know and love are still here. I'd be really homesick after a while.

Like someone else said I like Earth, but I just don't like many of the people on it. Even so though, I would want to come back to Earth at some point..I would also miss my family and stuff.