Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

J-rod: fact or fiction?


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,036 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

At 54 min Lear talks about J-Rod being a fake alien.



He also claims bigfoot is from mars.

Edited by Rlyeh, 08 July 2013 - 02:54 PM.


#17    Keith10284

Keith10284

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex, United Kingdom

  • The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24hrs.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 July 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

At 54 min Lear talks about J-Rod being a fake alien.



He also claims bigfoot is from mars.

Well, he's harmless enough, but this guy doesn't know his own mind! :o On the documentary I saw, he was making out that "J-rod" was very much alive!

Edited by Keith10284, 08 July 2013 - 03:00 PM.


#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,036 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostKeith10284, on 08 July 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Well, he's harmless enough, but this guy doesn't know his own mind! :o On the documentary I saw, he was making out that "J-rod" was very much alive!
I don't know if he is the same guy but Lear does change his story, like about people landing on the moon.


#19    Keith10284

Keith10284

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex, United Kingdom

  • The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24hrs.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I don't know if he is the same guy but Lear does change his story, like about people landing on the moon.

Yeah he's a bit of a tough one to follow. Chances are he's talking crap, or maybe he has been instructed to release little bits of old information but he went a little too far & let on too much. Then he was told he has to withdraw some of the stuff he said. A long shot, but maybe. Hard to tell with him.


#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,036 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostKeith10284, on 08 July 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yeah he's a bit of a tough one to follow. Chances are he's talking crap, or maybe he has been instructed to release little bits of old information but he went a little too far & let on too much. Then he was told he has to withdraw some of the stuff he said. A long shot, but maybe. Hard to tell with him.
I think he just repeats what people tell him or what he has read, and sometimes it is contradictory.


#21    Keith10284

Keith10284

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex, United Kingdom

  • The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24hrs.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 July 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

I think he just repeats what people tell him or what he has read, and sometimes it is contradictory.

Sounds like a case of he said, she said & he's making it up as he goes along. I never took what he said seriously, but it still gives a bad name to those who have had experiences & have knowledge, damaging their credibility no end. As previously said, the amount of crap we still have to wade through just gets thicker.


#22    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,095 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostKeith10284, on 08 July 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Yeah I agree with you there. I'd far rather be sipping a glass of Talisker 10yr old single malt (or Laphroaig 10, that's nice too) whilst listening to some Chris Rea or be out playing Golf than getting a hard time from a sceptic. That would be nice. Sharing such joys & a cosy chat with a friendly ET would be quite nice too.


Just don't tell anyone I like Chris Rea...........................ooops! :blush:

Skeptics like golf too ya know. And Scotch, particularly this skeptic.

And we are not all bad. Heck, never said a word about the Chris Rea thing did I. Well it serves you right if you do meet ET and he turns out to be dead boring.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#23    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,234 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 July 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Skeptics like golf too ya know. And Scotch, particularly this skeptic.

Can't boast about that (the golf part that is, my favorite scotch is Laphroaig) - I wish I could though :P

Quote

And we are not all bad. Heck, never said a word about the Chris Rea thing did I. Well it serves you right if you do meet ET and he turns out to be dead boring.

Yes, we are :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,095 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 July 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

havent we got a hard enough job as it is........it must be nice being a skeptic/debunker........such an easy job at times.

With you around? Are you kidding me?

From this sie of the fence belief seems so much easier. One does not have to think, one does not have to accept fact, a believer can just jump on a high horse and pronounce every person and fact wrong with the wave of a hand and "advanced tech". And we can both think of an example or two just like that right here at UM I am sure.
Some believers make the subject nothing more than a stupid joke, but that would be pretty uncommon with skeptics. Skeptics are hated for insisting on accuracy.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,234 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 July 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

...

havent we got a hard enough job as it is........it must be nice being a skeptic/debunker........such an easy job at times.

Yes, we have it so easy - I love my job :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#26    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,095 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 09 July 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

Can't boast about that (the golf part that is, my favorite scotch is Laphroaig) - I wish I could though :P

I cannot boast about my golf, but I like it more than countering Zoser's nonsense. I do not mind a Highland, or the classic Chivas, but I like to keep a bottle of Famous Grouse around. Well priced smooth scotch that one.

View Postbadeskov, on 09 July 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

Yes, we are :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

I concede :D

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 09 July 2013 - 04:08 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#27    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,095 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostKeith10284, on 08 July 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Sounds like a case of he said, she said & he's making it up as he goes along. I never took what he said seriously, but it still gives a bad name to those who have had experiences & have knowledge, damaging their credibility no end. As previously said, the amount of crap we still have to wade through just gets thicker.

What is concerning is the closer we get to the far shore, the more empty it looks. All that crap was just another obstacle and led nowhere.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#28    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 July 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

With you around? Are you kidding me?

From this sie of the fence belief seems so much easier. One does not have to think, one does not have to accept fact, a believer can just jump on a high horse and pronounce every person and fact wrong with the wave of a hand and "advanced tech". And we can both think of an example or two just like that right here at UM I am sure.
Some believers make the subject nothing more than a stupid joke, but that would be pretty uncommon with skeptics. Skeptics are hated for insisting on accuracy.

lol...thanks mate.

from a psychological point of view....how interesting that both sides envy the other in having an easier task. I guess it depends on what is meant by 'job/task' and what it is we are trying to achieve. In my opinion trying to prove the ETH is far harder as you have little or no backing from science....granted a 'believer' can spout any nonsense they wish but that doesnt mean they are winning the argument, maybe in their own minds but in the wider scope I think the skeptics have the upper hand. Remmeber skeptics can always fall back on the final 'show me the sceintific evidence'!!! game over.

S2F suggested we begin a thread and take opposing sides to see what sort of debate would transpire...would be an interesting experiment.


#29    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 09 July 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Yes, we have it so easy - I love my job :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

the moon made in Jupiter.. debunking that must be like selling $100 for $10........ to try and support the theory must be like trying to sell fresh air   ::)


#30    Keith10284

Keith10284

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex, United Kingdom

  • The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24hrs.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postquillius, on 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

the moon made in Jupiter.. debunking that must be like selling $100 for $10........ to try and support the theory must be like trying to sell fresh air   : :)

True, but nobody believes him anyway & what government would spend millions, if not billions going to Jupiter to confirm it? :o

I think this is one to discuss with a Jupiterian over a Scotch after dinner :tu:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users