Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Debunking rune stones

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:52 AM

I dont use tarot cards or runes .

Whenever I tell someone their future I ask them to put there hand in mine . I transfer some of their energy to myself ( draining psi is easy . If enough people pm me I'll be glad to write something up on it original.gif ) I then try to take this energy and place it to my foreeye . I then picture the future through visualization and it almost always comes up as images of what the person will be doing / where they are going  ... pretty interesting as its like flashes of their life .  

Ive heard that crystal balls and such increase your ability , but I dont really want to try them . I like to see how far I can go on my own .

For the most part , I agree with what most have said . Many psions / fortune tellers / psychics only want your money . And the fact that you dont always draw the same lot each go when it comes to tarot cards and runes is another part of the reason I have stayed away .   cat.gif  

Posted Image

#17    AndyThorley

AndyThorley

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

• You're only insane when you think you arent...

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Celti @ Jun 5 2004, 12:10 AM)
AndyThorley Posted on Jun 3 2004, 01:49 PM
A self-proclaimed witch (Read: Gothic weirdo who wanted to scare people)

that made me chuckle... although I do hope it was a generic term  whistling2.gif  thumbsup.gif
I used to carry a pack of tarot cards everywhere at school.. but it wasn't to scare people..  tongue.gif

Well, Celti...it wasn't a generic term. She really did use the witch card (If you'll pardon my pun) to scare people away.
You know how most people would go "Back off, I've got a knife"
She went "Back off, I'm a witch, I know magic"
(ahhh, she put me under so many hexes because I didn't believe her. Kids, eh? Who'd have 'em)

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I think the way tarot and runes work is by the energy one sends out/

Not really...because if it relied on anything other than pure chance there would be some kind of pattern or consistency in the readings.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
Regardless...each of us are in control of our own destiny and can change roads when we wish to.

Again, you've just proven the concept of looking to the future to be total bunk.
If you can change the future, you cannot TELL the future.
You may as well predict what shape an ink blot is going to make.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I care to say...I do not find it appropriate to label someone Goth in a demeaning way.

Find a consistent and universal definition of a goth and I'll continue this point. As it happens I've yet to find one on the web...it keeps changing from site to site. Thus, as far as I can see, it's just another label for just another group of people starving for attention who have nothing unique, interesting, mysterious or intellectual about them.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
And to call Goths weirdo's.... it appears to me as your way of describing one Goth makes you better than them.

I didn't call all goths weirdos. I called her a weirdo.
Rightfully so, I would say.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I find it more appropriate to see one as an individual than a label regardless of religion, sex, rich or poor   or....

As an individual this girl was indeed a gothic weirdo.
If youre going to demand staff and pupils call you "Moonbeam", turn up to class looking like a black+white mime or sit in class cutting yourself or scratching pentagrams onto the tables, I think youre going to be labelled as weird.
Also worth saying her entry in my leavers book reads "Estuans interius ihra vehementi, Moonbeam, Moonbeam. Incendite tenebras mundi".
I'd be impressed if she hadnt stolen final fantasy lines.

-edit-
Ged my spollang socks.

Edited by AndyThorley, 08 June 2004 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image

#18    Serena

Serena

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (AndyThorley @ Jun 8 2004, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (Celti @ Jun 5 2004, 12:10 AM)
AndyThorley Posted on Jun 3 2004, 01:49 PM
A self-proclaimed witch (Read: Gothic weirdo who wanted to scare people)

that made me chuckle... although I do hope it was a generic term  whistling2.gif  thumbsup.gif
I used to carry a pack of tarot cards everywhere at school.. but it wasn't to scare people..  tongue.gif

Well, Celti...it wasn't a generic term. She really did use the witch card (If you'll pardon my pun) to scare people away.
You know how most people would go "Back off, I've got a knife"
She went "Back off, I'm a witch, I know magic"
(ahhh, she put me under so many hexes because I didn't believe her. Kids, eh? Who'd have 'em)

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I think the way tarot and runes work is by the energy one sends out/

Not really...because if it relied on anything other than pure chance there would be some kind of pattern or consistency in the readings.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
Regardless...each of us are in control of our own destiny and can change roads when we wish to.

Again, you've just proven the concept of looking to the future to be total bunk.
If you can change the future, you cannot TELL the future.
You may as well predict what shape an ink blot is going to make.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I care to say...I do not find it appropriate to label someone Goth in a demeaning way.

Find a consistent and universal definition of a goth and I'll continue this point. As it happens I've yet to find one on the web...it keeps changing from site to site. Thus, as far as I can see, it's just another label for just another group of people starving for attention who have nothing unique, interesting, mysterious or intellectual about them.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
And to call Goths weirdo's.... it appears to me as your way of describing one Goth makes you better than them.

I didn't call all goths weirdos. I called her a weirdo.
Rightfully so, I would say.

QUOTE ("Someone else")
I find it more appropriate to see one as an individual than a label regardless of religion, sex, rich or poor†  or....

As an individual this girl was indeed a gothic weirdo.
If youre going to demand staff and pupils call you "Moonbeam", turn up to class looking like a black+white mime or sit in class cutting yourself or scratching pentagrams onto the tables, I think youre going to be labelled as weird.
Also worth saying her entry in my leavers book reads "Estuans interius ihra vehementi, Moonbeam, Moonbeam. Incendite tenebras mundi".
I'd be impressed if she hadnt stolen final fantasy lines.

-edit-
Ged my spollang socks.

First of all, anyone to threaten black magic should be avoided. I do not know who you are talking about, but it sounds more to me that she has some personal acceptance issues, ect.
In term Gothic weirdo...well, I may have gotten a little defensive because well, I know that not all Goths are "weidos" nor satanic as some may see. And I personally don't like labels, but yet nevertheless...I do still use them too, but I avoid it as much as possible for many reasons being...

that we all are different regardless...yet we all are one.

I know the Goth image is a fad right now, but because one tries to be Goth or claims them one doesn't make them one. And many people that are claiming to be Goth really do not understand it...therefore just being a fake. It isn't about wearing white make-up, tarot cards, wiccans, or vampires...some people are into that. But many of us try new things out..experience here and there with different cultures or ways of being.

*I may not be making a lot of sence in this post...my energy is a bit drained today.*

Here's a link about Goths. It's the best explaination I've seen. The majority I've read in this claims me Goth, but I see myself as an individual and will not claim/identify myself to any label because I don't identify with people who section themselves out of other cultures. I am my own individual.  I got interested in reading about "Goths" because I love 80's music, dress 80's, love castles and graveyards...and I've discovered other simularities.    

http://www.blood-dance.net/goth/grant.html

My personal experiences with cards, runes ect. I'm keeping this short because my personal experiences aren't yours...but it does in deed work. I've witnessed too many times where info was nailed to the point that noone could have known unless I said.

Andy...I don't care to make you a believer. It's your life and mine is mine and we draw different experiences. I use to not believe in it, but once I started learning about how energy works...I've found truth in it and have had many true readings.
Including myself reading runes. 99% of my readings happen even if I forgot about it or even do not take the advice...it happens. I only read for myself or a few friends. *like I said in the other post...some readers are phychic and runes/cards can be used as tools to help see more.

And I do believe we are in control of our own destiny...maybe in a future post I'll explain this.

#19    Rejection

Rejection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• An' it harm none , do what thou will

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Well andy, when you used the fact that rune readings are always different , you say this proves that runes are total rubbish.
You are the 1 talking rubbish! You obviously know very little about divination.

Runes always give different reading because each of us have loads of different possible future paths. But only one of these could happen. Different rune reading give an insight into the different possible paths of your future.

#20    AndyThorley

AndyThorley

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

• You're only insane when you think you arent...

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Rejection @ Jul 3 2004, 07:41 PM)
Well andy, when you used the fact that rune readings are always different , you say this proves that runes are total rubbish.
You are the 1 talking rubbish! You obviously know very little about divination.

Runes always give different reading because each of us have loads of different possible future paths. But only one of these could happen. Different rune reading give an insight into the different possible paths of your future.

Surely the fact that there're many different futures rubbishes the theory further.

Let us suggest, for a moment, that there is an art of telling the future based on the roll of a dice. Let's call it...the ancient art of...umm...Yahtzee.

I roll the dice.
34535: My future will be filled with riches.
15443: My future will be filled with poverty.
45326: My future will be reasonably well off and moderately impoverished.

You see?
The fact that you draw out a totally different set of runes the second time round isnt because of the many possible futures, it's because of the rules of probability.
It's a case of "heads I win tails you lose" and *nothing* truly reliable can be measured like that.

Posted Image

#21    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (AndyThorley @ Jun 3 2004, 01:49 PM)
When I had them done a second time (Again, a gothic weirdo looking to scare people) I asked him to draw them again.
"Oh, they'll be different" he said, "the spirit energy is shifting all the time"
"So if I draw again, right now, my future will have changed?"
"Yes."

I donít know about Rune Stones, but Tarot cards, if read properly , will give the same message no matter how many times you re-draw.  Many people just memorize the meaning of each card and read them as the same way, instead of reading each card in relation to the other cards.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users