Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained flash of light PLEASE HELP

stoney618

So about a couple months ago me and my friend were at his house recording a video for our YouTube page. In the middle of it we both see a flash like someone had just taken our picture. We even looked outside thinking someone took it. We knew it wasn't lightning because of how the flash was, exactly as a camera flash. It was very distinct. So we had this on camera but you couldnt see where the flash came from..you could hardly see it at all it was so quick and I have poor camera quality. Well anyways we brushed it off but we still bring it up time to time because it is unexplained. Well today I was sitting on my couch laying down on my phone and I seen the same flash. Like someone was outside my window taking a picture. I immediately messaged my friend and told him. I don't really believe in paranormal or anything but this was the same flash in two different places at two different times. I KNOW it was.

• Like 1

That has happened to me before too..long time ago.

That has happened to me before too..long time ago.

If you have hills around about and they are higher than you, Check to see if there are any roads in the vicinity as it could be someone’s head lights on high beam.

Did you have your face on the phone and accidentally trigger the camera flash. Anything is possible.

• Like 1

how about natural lightening?

Could be vehicles outside or reflective surfaces outside your building reflecting some light for a fraction of a second or something like that, or lightning. Seems your phone is connected, since you had it with you both times.

• Like 1

He lives in town and cars I'm sure were passing by all night but headlights never showed through because the curtains were closed and the light was on. And at my house I have nothing but corn fields. The flash was so quick I really don't think head lights is possible.

We were using a tablet to record and it has no flash.

And about natural lighting it seemed more of a flash inside like it was shot from outside coming in. The lights were on and I don't think natural lighting would've been this bright with the lights on and curtains closed. And it only happened once. Same at my house it only happened once.

Also I didn't have my phone with me at both times. The first time neither me or my friend even had a phone. I only had a phone this time.

So the video shows this flash?

• Like 1

Hardly at all. Like you wouldn't really be able to see it how we saw it. But you can see our reactions and how we knew it wasn't normal. Like lighting is normal, headlights are normal but this was different. Like a camera flash. That's exactly what it was like.

When a car equipped with goes down the road and the beams hit your window, even with curtains drawn, it's like a camera flash. I57NKLOR00145_P290721_500X500.jpg

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Maybe its aliens? ��

Edited by Goodnite

Flashing isn't always by machines or clouds.

Myself and others have seen flashes of light in a dark room, especially if brushing hair, removing a pullover and under bed covers.

It can be something called photopsia and can be harmless or a serious condition requiring medical attention. http://www.livestrong.com/article/106815-causes-light-flashes-eye/

• Like 1

Hardly at all. Like you wouldn't really be able to see it how we saw it. But you can see our reactions and how we knew it wasn't normal.

But your reactions are completely irrelevant. The "flash" is all that matters.

Wait...what video? Where is it?

Like lighting is normal, headlights are normal but this was different. Like a camera flash. That's exactly what it was like.

Then that's most likely what it was.

This was happening to me last year but it doesn't anymore i believe it was electrical. A tv started doing odd things and i got rid of it and the problem stopped. Although the flashes were happening independently in the middle of the room it was apparently connected. Any chance of faulty wiring? Or that you drag your feet alot and produce kinetic buildups?

The flash could be spirits. I remember going to a local theatre that's over 100 yrs old.

They were interviewing ghost busters / paranormal investigators for a local radio show they were doing there in the theatre while giving away prizes.

They had just stopped for a break when I noticed several flashing lights like a flash from under the stage. I didn't think about it until later but that area opens up for the orchestra but right then it was sealed up and pushed under the stage.

I just know I kept seeing flashes of light like a flash bulb but nobody was taking pictures.

Then I had a weird experience where I felt cold chills on my spine, I stiffened up and had this weird sort of waking dream about someone walking up from behind me on the right most aisle near where I was sitting. When the feeling ended, I turned to see who was there and didn't see the person I had seen in the weird dream. My eyes had been open but I was seeing a vision of something from behind me coming up towards the stage. It was weird but not really scary. I just know I saw a young man in vintage clothing in one of those white linen suits you see from the early 1920s or so from Cuba or the south. (I'm in south central texas) So I couldn't figure out what I had seen, the radio people coming back to finish their interview with the Paranormal investigators. They ended up describing several ghosts haunting this particular theatre. The first was a youngish woman who was normally seen over the stage and to the right most box seat. The 2nd was an old man to the left orchestra rows and the third... the third was a young man like I had seen in a white linen suit. Was kind of freaky knowing I had seen him considering I"m not originally from this city so I didn't know much about the theatre beyond it being very old.

So yeah... those flashes of light may have been a visually physical representation of the spirits in that place you were looking through.

• 4 years later...

My wife seen a blinding bright flash of light on her way home last night. She was tripped out about it and so I just looked on my security camera and it caught the bright flash. I've never seen anything like it