Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian, I need your help.

InHuman

Anyways, you all know the tumor that is Bill'O'Reilly... I was talking about this with some friends of mine, we talked about the obvious right-wing biased, and the failure that is Fox News (fair+blanced ftw!)..

Anyways, one of them lives in America and his dad does some stuff with the republican party, anyways he got all high and might about how Canada's coverage is just as bad with a unrelentless liberal bias and anti-war sentiment (in fact there's few "cut'n'runners", more "stop doing what your doing and let competent hands take over authority") he cited a fifth-estate/passionate eye doc on CBC where they attacked Fox news on its blatant propaganda/fear mongering/lies...

Anyways, can I without a doubt be confident in saying that our system is leaps and bounds better then theirs? CBC might have a very miniscule resentment against the conservative-republicans (then again, who dosn't) but most of our openly-left-wing personailties are ALL COMEDIANS (Rick Mercer)...

Your thoughts?

ugh, my title dosn't make sense.

Brain-fart, my bad.

Edited by InHuman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Atheist God

• InHuman

• questionmark

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't watch much Canadian television. But it's my experience that many Americans seem to think the media in almost EVERY other country has a left wing bias. I suspect it's because they are used to American television's right wing bias. Personally, I can't get over the fact that Fox news is taken seriously by so many Americans.

Edited by Ins0mniac

Our media unlike media in the US is primarily dedicated to not only news that makes national and international headlines but local news as well.

I can't even remember the last time I seen CBC, CTV, Global or City cover Britney Spears and other celebrity train wrecks etc. at most the get a small 5 second mention.

Our media works different then US media as in you rarely hear opinion about events you just hear about the events from reporters although people they interview give opinion.

I saw politics with don newman the other weekend. He had a panel on the situation of afghainstan.

There was someone on EVERY position able to give their views.

Try finding that on the "no spin zone"

But it's my experience that many Americans seem to think the media in almost EVERY other country has a left wing bias. I suspect it's because they are used to American television's right wing bias

Good point.

Edited by InHuman

I hate all news... after watching I'm always in a bad mood..

American News feels unrelentless, like brainwashing...

And the BBC, makes me sick. I don't know about Canadian News, we don't hear much about it in the UK.

Spanish news, seems ok...though at least they talk about UFO's. ;)

Not sure what point is, but nevertheless I think it's a valid one.

I hate all news... after watching I'm always in a bad mood..

American News feels unrelentless, like brainwashing...

And the BBC, makes me sick. I don't know about Canadian News, we don't hear much about it in the UK.

Spanish news, seems ok...though at least they talk about UFO's. ;)

Not sure what point is, but nevertheless I think it's a valid one.

Last year on CTV Lloyd Robertson gave the Bilderberg secret society national coverage and discussed it's secretive nature and who attends. The media also covered the detainment of Alex Jones in Ottawa when he arrived at the airport to cover the event... Airport security was gonna send him back to the US for no real reason at all and as soon as the press was alerted and had shown up they let him go... Looks like someone didn't want him at their meeting.

Normally I would dismiss such claims of conspiracy, hell I don't even like Alex Jones that much but it's pretty clear to me anyway as to why he was detained and threatened with deportation without explanation.

As for UFO's CNN has been giving them some coverage like the Chicago incident at the airport and the recent display in Texas.

I can't speak for Canadian news channels. But when it comes to Fox news in America, Sure it's tilted to the right. But if you ever watch MSNBC news, It's tilted to the left. Just watch Keith Oberman or Chris Matthews for awhile.

Last year on CTV Lloyd Robertson gave the Bilderberg secret society national coverage and discussed it's secretive nature and who attends. T

Yep, I agree, I certainly don't trust the Bilderberg group.

And watching the rise of the EU superstate grow and gain power- despite old fashioned notions like democracy trying to stop it.

Someone somewhere really wanted the EU superstate...so it happened.

And despite what QM might say, it certainly wasn't by the choice of the people.

So it really wouldn't surprise me if the same methods are applied in order to create the North American Union.

People might laugh and say it'll never happen... but, I remember when we used to laugh about the EU. :hmm:

Canadian News is more about news, less about flashy pop culture stories. If you watch the national you see stories that matter, the Fith Estate is probably one of the best News Shows on Canadian TV. . . I watched it last week and they gave the no BS situation in Afghanistan's Kandahar Field Hospital.

Probably the most right wing Canadian news channel is Global. . . and they arnt even right wing. . .

~Thanato

Knowing a little history I always thought it was a good idea, but I don't think it will be what I had in mind because most Europeans just ignore their European rights and let some civil servants run the place... my believe is that they do that so they can b**** about it and blame them for everything, from the cold soup at lunch to the dog turd they steeped into on their way home.

Fortunately for me, I live just 20 miles from the Canadian border, and so easily get some Canadian stations, including CTV, CKND, etc.

I get to see American news broadcasts and Canadian side-by-side a lot.

I can say without a doubt that Canadian news is largely superior to most American news -- the primary reason is that most Canadian news broadcast go into greater depth on key stories, rather than making the entire broadcast basicaly a reading of headlines.

Canada also does a much better job focusing on local news, and they even have more international news. American news is self-absorbed with America -- which is okay in the sense that news should be local -- but they act like the rest of the world is a kind of secondary afterthought.

I really don't think Canadian news has a liberal bias -- I think its balanced for the most part.

You might say that Canadian news programs are strikingly dull when compared to American -- but that is absolutely a good thing -- because in America, our news people have "Drunk the Kool-Aid" which makes them think the news has to be exciting and entertaining, which leads quickly down the path of sensationalism.

I would say, however, that American public broadcasting, especially National Public Radio, is as good as or superior to Canadian news, but that's just one market.

Knowing a little history I always thought it was a good idea, but I don't think it will be what I had in mind because most Europeans just ignore their European rights and let some civil servants run the place... my believe is that they do that so they can b**** about it and blame them for everything, from the cold soup at lunch to the dog turd they steeped into on their way home.

:lol: Pretty good.

They're too powerful in this ol' country.

Yep, I agree, I certainly don't trust the Bilderberg group.

And watching the rise of the EU superstate grow and gain power- despite old fashioned notions like democracy trying to stop it.

Someone somewhere really wanted the EU superstate...so it happened.

So it really wouldn't surprise me if the same methods are applied in order to create the North American Union.

People might laugh and say it'll never happen... but, I remember when we used to laugh about the EU. :hmm:

They are using the same methods as they did with the EU behind closed doors.

Most people oppose it here after seeing what it did to Europe, however like Europe it is being disguised as trade agreements and etc when it is clear what is happening is integration.

I applaud Lou Dobbs in the US for giving the NAU negative press and likewise with people here. **** the NAU, long live our national sovereignty.

:lol: Pretty good.

They're too powerful in this ol' country.

That is because you fall for the same "lets keep people b****ing and in apathy" trick. Good one, very good.

That is because you fall for the same "lets keep people b****ing and in apathy" trick. Good one, very good.

That is the reality... one person can't change the system... or can they?

If ROTJ has taught us one thing... it's a small group of Ewoks can defeat a full garrison of elite Imperial stormtroopers..

Although if there's one thing Timothy McVeigh has taught us is;

Star Wars and politics don't mix.

He compared the innocents workers of the Oklahoma City bombing to the "space-age clerical workers inside the Death Star.

Different countries. Different media.

That's all I have really to say.

Different countries. Different media.

That's all I have really to say.

Um, that kinda goes without saying..

Elaborate on the differences perhaps...