Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

suziwong

This article was originally run in a Swedish Newspaper

http://www.mysterywatch.co.uk/#/underwater-disc/4552973451My link

A disc - 60 meters diameter has been discovered by treasure hunters in the Baltic Sea

There is a 300m trail on the seabed - suggesting that the huge circular disc slid into its current position - see the link for images

This is a news story to follow - but I bet we never hear of it again!!!

Could it be a homemade anchor?

60 meters = 196.850 feet. Not even the Titanic could carry that thing. It's probably safe to cross anchor off the list. It's still an amazing find.

I'd love to know the coordinates for where this thing was found.

Holy crap, it's the Millenium Falcon!!

lol It might just be!

Weird. Kind of looks like a massive lid or hatch.

Or..given the rather blurry nature of the image it could also just be a natural formation.

...or maybe it really IS the Millennium Falcon...

I would think they would at least try salvage a piece of it because if it does turn out to be extraterrestrial in nature it would worth far more than any other treasures they might find in those waters.

Edited by Socio

I would think they would at least try salvage a piece of it because if it does turn out to be extraterrestrial in nature it would worth far more than any other treasures they might find in those waters.

Yeah, but it would be a hell of a lot of money wasted if it turn's out to be nothing, which to them, is far more likely.

First thought was Giant's Causeway when I looked but I'd no idea what the Millenium Falcon was. After googling, I'm now convinced it's the Falcon.

Fascinating find...

First thought was Giant's Causeway when I looked but I'd no idea what the Millenium Falcon was. After googling, I'm now convinced it's the Falcon.

You didn't know what the Millenium Falcom was?? Haven't you ever seen Star Wars?

• Like 1

This article was originally run in a Swedish Newspaper

http://www.mysterywa...disc/4552973451My link

A disc - 60 meters diameter has been discovered by treasure hunters in the Baltic Sea

There is a 300m trail on the seabed - suggesting that the huge circular disc slid into its current position - see the link for images

This is a news story to follow - but I bet we never hear of it again!!!

Intriqing but could it be a Cauldron or the escaping of a methane from the sea floor. Interesting stuff. Thanks. I hope this subject will be more investigated.

Seriously that thing is a dead ringer for the millenium falcon lol.

If they use a sound device maybe they can hear a "Wookie" beating on the hatch, LOL.

• Like 2

The salvage people do not want to investigate it further because it may be nothing and its very expensive to do work on the bottom of the ocean. Yet they have spent an equally large amount of money to find some cases of booze. Which they may or may not have found to begin with. Am I missing something?

Anyway it is a very interesting find and I hope someone will come up with the money to investigate further. Even if it is a natural phenomenon it is one never been seen before and certainly deserves another look.

You didn't know what the Millenium Falcom was?? Haven't you ever seen Star Wars?

Course I have. I can't remember the names of "starcraft" though. Why would I want to? lol

Course I have. I can't remember the names of "starcraft" though. Why would I want to? lol

For times like these! lol

• Like 1

Is this anywhere close to where the ghost rockets used to be seen going into and out of the water back in the 1970's?

For times like these! lol

That's true. lol

Was over 30yrs ago I first saw Star Wars. :(

Back in the day, they used to track all sorts of mystery underwater objects off Sweden, didn't they? And there were all those "ghost rockets" that would go flying over, mostly, it seemed, Sweden, in the late 40's. It looks very much like a rock formation, though, but an interesting one, and it'd be interesting to find out why it's been sliding about. Now, the Baltic isn't all that deep, so it should be within the wit of man to be able to take a good look at it. I wonder if anyone will make the effort, or I wonder if the government will decide that that'd be quite out of the question and strongly dissuade anyone else from taking too close an interest...

Edited by 747400

A circular rock formation. Interesting. I'm betting the "sliding track" is just due to currents passing by it, not due to it moving.

Edited by Moonie2012

The salvage people do not want to investigate it further because it may be nothing and its very expensive to do work on the bottom of the ocean. Yet they have spent an equally large amount of money to find some cases of booze. Which they may or may not have found to begin with. Am I missing something?

Anyway it is a very interesting find and I hope someone will come up with the money to investigate further. Even if it is a natural phenomenon it is one never been seen before and certainly deserves another look.

Maybe the salvagers, unlike us, know what they're doing and can't afford the time to look at something their experts consider natural. That's not their job.

Salvaging booze etc is though.

Edited by Eldorado