Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Experiences

GeneBrowne

Hey all. I haven't been around for a while as I am starting my own business and we all know how much time that takes. But now I am up and running and have some free time, at least right now. So I thought of you guyy. Wouldnt you know that the building my business is in is haunted. The city I'm in is the oldest in North America and the building I'm in is actually the oldest bar on the oldest street in the oldest city in North America. So it has it's history. The city, St. Johns, has had 3 great fires in which the city was leveled each time. The last being 1982. So this place where I am sitting bnow has been here since 1893 and on this general plot of land since 1497. So it OLD!

Alright.

The church owned the place in the early 1900's and turned it into a Bishops residence. The story goes and I think it's even documented that a priest hung himself here in the 1920's, probably for somethign sexual as thats how it usually worked back then.

We think he haunts us anyways.

From day one that I've been here something weird each day has occured. I'll give you the better ones right now though.

A few days ago I seen this black figure kind of sweep down the stairs and out the door in a quick motion out of the corner of my eye. So I thought I was being paranoid. A girl who was out for a smoke came in and said to me that she thought she seen someone walk out of the bar and when she looked there was no one there ... she was standing in front of the door ... so. I found that really creepy.

Last night I was counting money and it was me and 3 friends here. So 2 went out for a cig and the other gut went upstairs to shut down his computer. So I'm downstairs alone. Out of the corner of my eye I seen a bigger man standing at the bar and I look and no oine is there. So again I attribute it to me being paranoid. I went back to counting money. Then it happend again. I was a little freaked out, and then this happend. When I was done counting I stood up and closed the cash register. Soon as I closed it I looked to my right and there was a big man dressed in a "cloak" (which is what it looked like to me hence the ""). My blood literally ran cold. I turned and kinda got out of there extrememly fast and when I did turn to boot it out of there he was standing in the middle of the floor and just like that he was gone again. So he was there and when I turned around here was there again, then vanished. I went outside and told the guys what happend, didnt think that they'd believe me ... but the hairs on my arms were ready to fall off from goosebumps. They believed me right away and said that they sometimes feel uneasy here like something is around but didnt want to sya afraid that no one would believe them.

So we come inside and lock the door behind us. Then we go "ghost hunting". We go to the basement and find nothing. On the way up over the stairs one of the guys flick a light, which is on a pull string, just to fool around. We get 4 or 5 feet away from it and it goes off on it own and about 2 seconds later after went realize what happend it came back on. Which is impossible because it's on a pull string.

Anyways guys ... I just wanted to share these couple of things with you and I will check back when I can and share more with you.

Cheers,

Gene

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• SS79

• JackalnChainz

• JustNormal

Hey Gene! Good to see you back.

Great story!!! You know you are going to have to research the place thoroughly now of course!!!!!

And take photo's!!!!

:tu:

Great story!!! You know you are going to have to research the place thoroughly now of course!!!!!

And take photo's!!!!

I know this for sure.

Take some Vidz too. Try and eliminate the photoshop word lol.

I'm starting to research now actually.

Cheers Leo,

Gene

Hi Gene

excellent story . hopefully you'll have loads more experiences to tell us all LOL . .I can't wait ;)

oh yeah good thinking leo get your camera out gene

Good luck SS79 x x x

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Hey all. I haven't been around for a while as I am starting my own business and we all know how much time that takes. But now I am up and running and have some free time, at least right now. So I thought of you guyy. Wouldnt you know that the building my business is in is haunted. The city I'm in is the oldest in North America and the building I'm in is actually the oldest bar on the oldest street in the oldest city in North America. So it has it's history. The city, St. Johns, has had 3 great fires in which the city was leveled each time. The last being 1982. So this place where I am sitting bnow has been here since 1893 and on this general plot of land since 1497. So it OLD!

Alright.

The church owned the place in the early 1900's and turned it into a Bishops residence. The story goes and I think it's even documented that a priest hung himself here in the 1920's, probably for somethign sexual as thats how it usually worked back then.

We think he haunts us anyways.

From day one that I've been here something weird each day has occured. I'll give you the better ones right now though.

A few days ago I seen this black figure kind of sweep down the stairs and out the door in a quick motion out of the corner of my eye. So I thought I was being paranoid. A girl who was out for a smoke came in and said to me that she thought she seen someone walk out of the bar and when she looked there was no one there ... she was standing in front of the door ... so. I found that really creepy.

Last night I was counting money and it was me and 3 friends here. So 2 went out for a cig and the other gut went upstairs to shut down his computer. So I'm downstairs alone. Out of the corner of my eye I seen a bigger man standing at the bar and I look and no oine is there. So again I attribute it to me being paranoid. I went back to counting money. Then it happend again. I was a little freaked out, and then this happend. When I was done counting I stood up and closed the cash register. Soon as I closed it I looked to my right and there was a big man dressed in a "cloak" (which is what it looked like to me hence the ""). My blood literally ran cold. I turned and kinda got out of there extrememly fast and when I did turn to boot it out of there he was standing in the middle of the floor and just like that he was gone again. So he was there and when I turned around here was there again, then vanished. I went outside and told the guys what happend, didnt think that they'd believe me ... but the hairs on my arms were ready to fall off from goosebumps. They believed me right away and said that they sometimes feel uneasy here like something is around but didnt want to sya afraid that no one would believe them.

So we come inside and lock the door behind us. Then we go "ghost hunting". We go to the basement and find nothing. On the way up over the stairs one of the guys flick a light, which is on a pull string, just to fool around. We get 4 or 5 feet away from it and it goes off on it own and about 2 seconds later after went realize what happend it came back on. Which is impossible because it's on a pull string.

Anyways guys ... I just wanted to share these couple of things with you and I will check back when I can and share more with you.

Cheers,

Gene

Interesting stories Gene! It seems something big and cloaked is there with you... So the cloaked thingy kept on reappearing!? Now that is strange. Can't wait to read more!

And take photo's!!!!

Yeah Gene, welcome back! :tu:

Now were all expecting your vids and pics, so don't let us down! I'm sure they'll be great! ^_^ I hope you capture something, and if you find something about the place you have to let us know.

Hi Gene! I was wondering where you went? I can't wait to see your findings!

Welcome back Gene! I was wondering where our voice of reason had gone to. Loved the account. Good luch with your enterprise, btw. I love to hear a good haunting story, but I always cringe when there is a black figure in a cloak. So be careful with you investigations pal. And just for your information, I'm a Crown straight up, with a Silver Bullet back, man. Can't wait to hear more. ~Jackal

ps...you haven't seen my cat, have you?

linked-image

Edited by JackalnChainz

lol at your cat

I named him Arthur, because he had an english accent. I think the name was the catalyst for his drinking. B)

Hey guys .... thanks for the welcome back. I've been super busy and am still super busy. It's starting to level off now. Hope fully I can get back to being a regular here and place my opinions where welcomed. Me and a few guys are staying here overnight on Sunday and we'll be taking pics and hopefully some good videos.

I'll be chatting soon.

It's up to the point now where everyday we have a different experience from 1 of the 4 business partners... so it's starting to be quite frequent.

Cheers guys,

Gene

Me and a few guys are staying here overnight on Sunday and we'll be taking pics and hopefully some good videos.

Sounds like an interesting building with plenty going on, I hope you catch something :tu:

Welcome back Gene! I was wondering where our voice of reason had gone to. Loved the account. Good luch with your enterprise, btw. I love to hear a good haunting story, but I always cringe when there is a black figure in a cloak. So be careful with you investigations pal. And just for your information, I'm a Crown straight up, with a Silver Bullet back, man. Can't wait to hear more. ~Jackal

ps...you haven't seen my cat, have you?

linked-image

OMG ROFL..What a cool cat!! Welcome back Gene, you were missed..JN :yes:

Hey guys ... This week I got an email from Rescue Mediums as I emailed a few TV shows about whats going on. They're interested and are going to start up a case file.

We never got to stay this Sunday night as something came up. It's already planned to stay this sunday coming and we have 3 or 4 digital cameras, high 8, and an infared I think. So hopefully we'll catch something sweet.

There have been more occurences since I last posted. People walking around, lights going on and off, water being turned on when no one is around to do it, A LOT OF SHADOW FIGURES (which is what I see most of all).

So yeah basically we're going to have some good info on the history and some pictures by next Monday. Hope to impress you all then.

Cheers,

Gene

Me either . good luck gene . :tu:

who 'are rescue mediums i haven't heard of those ?

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Me either . good luck gene . :tu:

who 'are rescue mediums i haven't heard of those ?

I think they're a Canadian TV show? It comes on the Woman's Network ... I think thats the name of the channel.

They go around and do the psychic thing at haunted locations. Could be fun.

Cheers

I think they're a Canadian TV show? It comes on the Woman's Network ... I think thats the name of the channel.

They go around and do the psychic thing at haunted locations. Could be fun.

Cheers

oh awesome . yeah sure will be fun . looking foward to your updates . Im in the uk its probably not on here yet but i'll be sure to check them out now if i see anything with them on .

Thanks

oh awesome . yeah sure will be fun . looking foward to your updates . Im in the uk its probably not on here yet but i'll be sure to check them out now if i see anything with them on .

Thanks

This might be of interest... It is shown in the UK at 11.00p.m on Wednesdays on Discovery Health and Home

http://www.rescuemediums.com/index2.html

Edited by AngelXVI

Hey guys.

Sorry I never got to stay at the bar last night to gather evidence. But the good news is we have a case file started with Rescue Mediums. I have a few more experiences to share, one that will knock your socks off.

One of my business partners lives about a half hour drive away from the bar, so one night after being there till 5 am, he decided to stay. So I went to my friends house to crash on his couch. So all was fine. Nothing happend during the night, but moring was a different tale. Mike got up to go use the bathroom around 10:30 am. So he done his business and went back to the couch. Upon lying back down for a few more z's he heard footsteps coming down the stairs on the 3rd floor (you can faintly hear them on the 1st floor). So he figured it was just his mind until he heard them coming across the second floor at a hurring rate. Then he heard them coming down the first flight light a freight train coming towards him. At that moment he froze with fear as he knew that there was no one else in the building, it's impossible for there to be. So at that point in which he froze stiff and the footsteps reached him, the couch he was sleeping on began to be pulled across the floor, slowly and awkwardly. Mike couldn't move, he described it like the "hag", and the couch pulled a good 12 inches before it stopped. I showed up at the bar around 12 to begin the day and he was sat in the corner of the couch as white as a ghost, :P, and when I got in he showed me the markings of the couch. It's only a love seat, and it is the lightest couch I've ever lifted. It weighs no more than 20 pounds. So in my disbelief I tried to reproduce the markings in the floor with no results.

I think we have 2 or 3 pics of it and when I get them I will post them.

We think it's because Mike was drunk a few nights before and he was taunting our ghostly priest. Mike don't mention him now lol.

I have a few experiences too, I will post them someday during the week. I am finding it hard to be on here much but I still check out what all you good folks have to say from time to time. Thanks for the messages and happy holidays!

Gene

Also .... does anyone know any crafty ghost hunting techniques other than the usual normal ones such as EVP,Video, Audio, Pics, Boards and such?

I've looked around and I know a lot about it, but someone might have some homemade technique that works great.

Also .... does anyone know any crafty ghost hunting techniques other than the usual normal ones such as EVP,Video, Audio, Pics, Boards and such?

I've looked around and I know a lot about it, but someone might have some homemade technique that works great.

I would say, use the ole time ghost hunting skills and talk to them, and ask them to give you a sign of their presence. That works better than the occult or gadgets..LOL..JMO..JN