Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Netanyahu's nuclear bomb cartoon at UN

benjamin netanyahu speech iran nuclear united nations

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,441 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

View Postand then, on 28 September 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Yet my voice is still as valid as an enlightened individual such as yourself... gotta hate that, huh?  :w00t:

Your voice is about as valid as Keifer Sutherland's character Jack. :whistle:

#32    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,415 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 September 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Your voice is about as valid as Keifer Sutherland's character Jack. :whistle:

now, now children.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#33    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Well maybe Fascist would more appropriate.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#34    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,338 posts

• ראה

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 29 September 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

It looks like YouTube axed that clip of Netanyahu in Post #1, which is silly. It wasn't my upload, but how can you copyright a televised UN speech?  Geeze, Louise & Thelma

Take 2: From the cartoon again ... Mr. Prime Minister, lights, camera, action.

How much material is actually needed, compared to what is portrayed in the cartoon? After doing some research, I found that the Iranians need approximately 20 kilos of enriched uranium to produce a crude bomb.

The density of Uranium is 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter. For simplicity's sake, let's say 20 g/cm3.

Volume = Mass/density, so if you have 20 kilograms, which is 20,000 grams, you simply divide by your density 20 g/cm3 = 1,000 cubic centimeters.

For the Americans, that equals 61 cubic inches, or a cube roughly 4 inches high, long, and wide. 4" x 4" x 4".

In terms of spherical representation, it's about 7" diameter, which is very close to what we see in Netanyahu's cartoon.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 01 October 2012 - 01:11 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,789 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

I can almost hear the proclamations of validation when Iran's leaders admit they have a bomb.  One thing I believe completely is that the fate of this world is well deserved.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#36    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

And then, are you actually, right now, living in an episode of 24?

#37    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,437 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I can almost hear the proclamations of validation when Iran's leaders admit they have a bomb.  One thing I believe completely is that the fate of this world is well deserved.
I hold the fear of Iran holding a Nuclear Bomb equally with the fear of Israel holding a nuclear bomb. I leave it up to you to decide how afraid I actually am by either.

One thing is for certain - I fear people like yourself far more.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 01 October 2012 - 08:21 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#38    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,789 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 01 October 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

I hold the fear of Iran holding a Nuclear Bomb equally with the fear of Israel holding a nuclear bomb. I leave it up to you to decide how afraid I actually am by either.

One thing is for certain - I fear people like yourself far more.

Br Cornelius
Maybe you should.  If you mean you fear people who simply hold a belief in God that threatens your own perception of yourself as god.  I harm no one BC.  I rarely even yell at a barking dog.  If I truly do disturb you I think it's because I am willing to state my faith openly and that goes against your entire worldview, apparently.  Your issue, not mine.

#39    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,437 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Maybe you should.  If you mean you fear people who simply hold a belief in God that threatens your own perception of yourself as god.  I harm no one BC.  I rarely even yell at a barking dog.  If I truly do disturb you I think it's because I am willing to state my faith openly and that goes against your entire worldview, apparently.  Your issue, not mine.

Your faith is one of the greatest threats to world stability at the moment because it is an article of your faith that we will all be consumed in an Armageddon battle. The very act of having that faith means that people like Romney have a fighting chance of having their finger on the button - and he shares your delusion in the end times. Your voting right is a threat to me personally.
There are checks and balances in Governments which mean it is very unlikely that either Israel or Iran will release a nuclear attack. However there is no checks and balances on religious fanatics and the atrocities they are capable of unleashing.

Your very existence (and your fellow believers) means that I am more likely to die in a Nuclear holocaust at any moment. That is what scares me.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 01 October 2012 - 09:02 PM.

Robert Anton Wilson

#40    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,441 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

And I can hear the Sounds Of Silence when 5 years hence Iran still doesn't have a bomb, IAW current and past NIE predictions.

#41    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,789 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 01 October 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

And I can hear the Sounds Of Silence when 5 years hence Iran still doesn't have a bomb, IAW current and past NIE predictions.
Do you actually believe this or is it just a way of arguing?  BR do you honestly believe that this regime is risking their own power by inviting massive sanctions and even military action just to make a point about their sovereignty?  Electric power generation using nuclear fission is their right under the NPT.  A bomb is NOT.  They have proven by their actions that they have much more in mind.  I'm thinking that if you REALLY had to make a choice that had personal consequences you'd admit they are on track to build a bomb asap.  It just doesn't pass the smell test to say they are not.

#42    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,338 posts

• ראה

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 01 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Your faith is one of the greatest threats to world stability at the moment because it is an article of your faith that we will all be consumed in an Armageddon battle. The very act of having that faith means that people like Romney have a fighting chance of having their finger on the button - and he shares your delusion in the end times. Your voting right is a threat to me personally.
There are checks and balances in Governments which mean it is very unlikely that either Israel or Iran will release a nuclear attack. However there is no checks and balances on religious fanatics and the atrocities they are capable of unleashing.

Your very existence (and your fellow believers) means that I am more likely to die in a Nuclear holocaust at any moment. That is what scares me.

Br Cornelius
Without Adolf Hitler, there wouldn't be an Israeli state to threaten the world's security. Traditional faith had nothing to do with the German decision to kill the Jews. Their argument was based upon genetics.

Atomic weaponry had Jewish origins, but Einstein was not acting out of traditional faith when he discovered E=mc2. He was essentially an agnostic.

My faith teaches me that someone is coming who will decide that the faithful should be murdered. That argument can only come from the aftermath of a terrible war, seen as religious in origin. Yet the tools by which this comes about, are pagan, agnostic, atheistic, and humanistic in origin.

We rarely see the real darkness, or examine its true source, because it is hidden in plain sight. It is clothed with prosperity and health benefits that whisper, "we can live forever."

In the end, we will choose death, but not because we had faith. We will choose it because we were being guided by a lie as old as the two trees in the Garden of Eden. At some point, human knowledge and life and incompatible with one another. That's the faith based argument, but it doesn't lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy, because you have to have the tools to accomplish this. It's because we want to be god's without asking for help in balancing our human nature with the knowledge of how best to kill another man. In it's simplest form, that's traditional faith, but the message has been corrupted.

The basic argument that Jesus makes is that if you're already dead to your human nature, then you might be able to handle the increase in knowledge. He argues that it's the only possible way we get to be gods, and given what we're facing, I think He's right.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 02 October 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#43    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,437 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Faith is by no means the only path to human destruction - to argue otherwise would be folly.
However believing a myth which states that such a death is inevitable regardless of what we actually do - is intrinsically dangerous.

I will not accept that a legend that says that there are end times is valid and will not accept the assumptions that such a blief ultimately leads to are acceptable in the human world. I cannot ascent to a set of beliefs which have no objective reality which has manifested to me in any way. I refuse to submit to superstition and the consequences of superstition.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#44    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,441 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Do you actually believe this or is it just a way of arguing?  BR do you honestly believe that this regime is risking their own power by inviting massive sanctions and even military action just to make a point about their sovereignty?  Electric power generation using nuclear fission is their right under the NPT.  A bomb is NOT.  They have proven by their actions that they have much more in mind.  I'm thinking that if you REALLY had to make a choice that had personal consequences you'd admit they are on track to build a bomb asap.  It just doesn't pass the smell test to say they are not.

What I believe AND THEN, is that your worldview is completely and utterly a result of what you are told by the mainstream media.

If it says Iraq was a threat to the national security of the US, you believe it.  If you are told that Iran is a threat to the entire world including the US, you believe it, no questions asked.

If you are told that Bradley Manning is a threat to the national security of the US, and that he may be tortured while he is being held, you believe it.

That's where I'm at AND THEN.  No offense intended, just an opinion after months of reading your posts.  That's the only way I know you.

#45    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,360 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 29 September 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

It looks like YouTube axed that clip of Netanyahu in Post #1, which is silly. It wasn't my upload, but how can you copyright a televised UN speech?  Geeze, Louise & Thelma

Take 2: From the cartoon again ... Mr. Prime Minister, lights, camera, action.

I wonder how that works too...how do you copyright a televised UN speech? Maybe some undercover Muslims are at work...only partly joking.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users