Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why havent we gone back to the Moon yet?

stevemagegod

Good point... we should be able to have picnics there by now... actually I may believe the theory that landing on the moon was a hoax to begin with. We probably were warned off the moon, it's not that far and we have enough crafts... don't we?

Edited by SpiritWriter

Exactly we have had 41 years to prepare for mars since we landed on the Moon. Why don't we have any Bases up there yet? Having a Base on the Moon is like 1/3 of the way there to the Mars(Dont Quote me on that cuz i think i am wrong :whistle: )

Base on Moon = $$$$$$$$$$. I am sure millionaires and billionaires would pay a lot of money to stay a month or so on the moon. There are a few already paying the russian to take them to space. I would think that it's easier and cheaper to go the second time around than first. But somehow this is not happening?

• Like 1

Key word,or symbol that is $$$$$$$$$$ THe Moon waits for no one,And No one waits for the Moon ! Its always going to be there waiting for us. Now I read that NASA wants to grab a space rock to put it into orbit around the Moon?

I wonder whats on there minds ? Maybe there is Alien Life out there. And we need a Big Rock between us and them ?

Seriously we haven't landed another Human on the Moon in 41 years. In that time frame are technology has become so much safer and better. Not to mention we have a international space station now which could be used as a Gas Station. To and from the Moon which we didn't have back then. Sure a Moon trip is pretty expensive but still why hasn't another country besides the US landed someone on the moon?

I know everyone has given $$$ as the answer, and that is true, but not because there are no $$$ but because $$$ are being more widely dispersed. Have you seen the images from the Cassini-Huygens Mission? We have put 3 robots on Mars, we have satellites spaced out alone gravitational points to test Einstein's famous equation, Galileo recorded and became part of Jupiter, we have had first hand looks at Pluto, put a telescope (several actually) in space, we have discovered extra solar planets, and even managed a photo of one of them, put a probe on an asteroid, landed on Venus, mapped Mercury and all of this starting with the Voyager probes, both of which now heading into Interstellar space. We went from rockets to the shuttle, and now the Sklylon looks promising as the next wave of technology. We also built, and floated a space station as an international effort and put up so many satellites you can hook into one with your car and get directions as to where you want to go.

Not like we have been sitting on our hands. In fact, not bad for 41 years I would say!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I think its a cop out excuse to say that there is no point in going since the US got there first, the space race was over and the cost is simply too high. Sorry but thats BS.

Technology and knowledge has increased greatly over the past few decade, there is no excuse not to go back there or set up a permanent/semi-permanent base on the moon.

After all, NASA is talking about eventually putting bases on mars, so why not practice first on the moon? After all, it is relatively close to Earth (in terms of space units) so comparatively its like a quick trip down to the local shop for some bread and milk.

If oyu think its a lot of $$$ to put a base on the moon, how much do you think it will cost to put a base on Mars? What about the chances of something going wrong? Surely putting a base on the moon would give us the experience needed to perform the same operation on other planets.

Also the US spends over 1 trillion PER YEAR on military spending. So the money excuse is very lame considering they could spend most of that military funding on space travel and technologies instead ( like moon bases)!!!

I think spending several billion $$$ on a moon base is a good investment indeed.

• Like 1

Also the US spends over 1 trillion PER YEAR on military spending. So the money excuse is very lame considering they could spend most of that military funding on space travel and technologies instead ( like moon bases)!!!
But the fact remains that the military doesn't have to do much to get money from congress, yet NASA has to beg to not have its budget cut. There are far more moneyed and political interests in high places ensuring that the US military can easily get their hands on whatever funds they want as opposed to NASA.

In a perfect world, you'd be right and the military budget would be slashed and some of those cutbacks would go to more enlightened interests, but that isn't the way things are. The people who control the purse strings don't seem to have much interest in giving any more of their cash to NASA, despite how much sense it might make to you or me or others.

Remember the furore earlier this year when the Republicans made a song and dance about cutting the budget for NPR and PBS? A drop in the ocean compared with what has been thrown at banks and auto companies and what the military machine eats up every year, but they argued over it anyway. You're not necessarily dealing with entirely rational actors when discussing the behaviour of governments.

• Like 1

All you guys believing in the moon landing are just as gullible as the UFOs believers. :D All you have to go on are photos(can be fake), grainy videos(can be fake), and testimonials from people with a lot to gain. Those men who supposedly went to the Moon were plucked from the military. You know those guys will lie for the prestige of the nation. They are no better than the UFOlogists who sell books and give speeches for money. You can't believe a word they say since they have a lot to gain, right? How dare they fooling those UFOs nuts.

Have any of you UFOs skeptics and Moon landing believers went to the Moon? All you have are photos, videos and testimonials from others. Those same type of evidences are being ridiculed when it's come to UFOs. All they have are fake photos and fake videos. All those testimonials are by liars, people wanting attention, people affected by swamp gas or wild mushroom, drunkards, or people too dumb to recognize Venus, Mars or the Moon etc..

I am with the skeptics. Many skeptics have said the only way they can believe is to have UFOs land on their yard and have an alien body with DNA result to back it up . I demands to be taken to the moon, the only way I will believe is to step foot on the Moon myself. I do not believe in the testimonials of people with ulterior motives, just like those Ufologists with books to sell. Only idiots would believe base on photos, videos and testimonials. If you haven't been to the Moon yourself or shake hand with an aliens, you just cannot believe any of those things. :tu:

• Like 1

Using your logic, the International Space Station is fake then too. You're saying pretty much anything we haven't been part of is fabricated as we only have photos, witnesses, testimonials and news stories etc. If YOU haven't been there - it didn't happen.

Of course people can believe what they want, that's the beauty of belief - it might not be correct but it doesn't stop people believing.

Grainy videos? How often is grainy CCTV used as evidence, which I may add, holds up pretty well in court - when you're trying to prove something happened.

Of course we went to the moon. We have RADAR that detects objects that could be ballistic missiles in orbit, do you not think Russia might have been tracking the Apollo mission - if it stayed in orbit; I think they might have said something. The lunar landing sites have been observed from Earth and space by countries other than America. I think if they weren't there - we'd know by now.

I think with any planet we want to stay on or build a base would have to have water, to much to ship water there

All you guys believing in the moon landing are just as gullible as the UFOs believers. :D All you have to go on are photos(can be fake), grainy videos(can be fake), and testimonials from people with a lot to gain. Those men who supposedly went to the Moon were plucked from the military. You know those guys will lie for the prestige of the nation. They are no better than the UFOlogists who sell books and give speeches for money. You can't believe a word they say since they have a lot to gain, right? How dare they fooling those UFOs nuts.

Have any of you UFOs skeptics and Moon landing believers went to the Moon? All you have are photos, videos and testimonials from others. Those same type of evidences are being ridiculed when it's come to UFOs. All they have are fake photos and fake videos. All those testimonials are by liars, people wanting attention, people affected by swamp gas or wild mushroom, drunkards, or people too dumb to recognize Venus, Mars or the Moon etc..

I am with the skeptics. Many skeptics have said the only way they can believe is to have UFOs land on their yard and have an alien body with DNA result to back it up . I demands to be taken to the moon, the only way I will believe is to step foot on the Moon myself. I do not believe in the testimonials of people with ulterior motives, just like those Ufologists with books to sell. Only idiots would believe base on photos, videos and testimonials. If you haven't been to the Moon yourself or shake hand with an aliens, you just cannot believe any of those things. :tu:

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
  • Like 2

I am as serious as many of the skeptics of UFOs. I am using the same logic as them. I just want hard evidence. Since many demanded spaceship land on their yard or alien body, I just demand to be taken to the Moon. Only then will I believe it :D

If you go to the moon, you'll believe they went in '69 and every time since? Your logic is flawed.

yes, If I see some of the stuff left behind. exactly as shown on photos and films

What about the retro-reflectors? You know the things left behind by the apollo missions. They're about a metre across and observatories on Earth can use lasers to determine the distance of the moon. Or is that BS too.

What about the retro-reflectors? You know the things left behind by the apollo missions. They're about a metre across and observatories on Earth can use lasers to determine the distance of the moon. Or is that BS too.

Didn't the Russian also put some stuff on the Moon?

They did, but in completely different locations. In fact I know you're going to say the Russian stuff was un-manned, but surprisingly all the reflectors left by manned missions are there also, in the places where they coincidently landed.

Didn't the Russian also put some stuff on the Moon?

You bet they did ! :tu:

You can put man-made objects on the Moon without having men on the Moon. You can't prove that it was placed there by some using their hand.

Testimonials of just a few men supposedly walked on the Moon is not as strong as testimonials of millions and millions all over the world of different social and economical background that have seen UFOs.

Just as you cannot prove that they didn't happen. Do you agree that there are people, right now, on the international space station?

If seeing videos and testimonials of many is good enough to believe, then yes. Those same evidences must be good enough to believe in UFOs, don't you agree?

Everything's faked! We have no proof of anything! Because the second it leaves your sight, all you have is your testimonial.

Well there is a huge difference in quality. Since the ISS broadcasts live video and I've never seen a good quality video of a UFO that isn't a dot in the sky. Of course I believe there are things you see in the sky that you can't identify - that's the definition of UFO, what I haven't seen is any shred of evidence that these things are under intelligent control.

Everything's faked! We have no proof of anything! Because the second it leaves your sight, all you have is your testimonial.

Too funny ! Like "WHats that on the Forest Floor ?"

Was there a bear there ?

• Like 1

Well there is a huge difference in quality. Since the ISS broadcasts live video and I've never seen a good quality video of a UFO that isn't a dot in the sky. Of course I believe there are things you see in the sky that you can't identify - that's the definition of UFO, what I haven't seen is any shred of evidence that these things are under intelligent control.

you can't prove they are not under intelligent control. That's the problem with UFOs skeptics isn't it? Apparently, the only type of UFOs are dot in the sky. All the other must be CGI, so they can all be ignore, right?

You haven't seen it, so you don't believe other's testimony. But you expect everyone to believe in the word of Gov't agency and the men behind them?