Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Texas Bans Shooting Immigrants from Helicop

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Holy, Hannah!  This just sounds horrble.  While I get that people should respect the laws, just opening fire on someone making a break for the border like this blows my mind.  What I think about is even knowing that is a possibilty, what kinds of lives are they trying to escape?

Edited by glorybebe, 22 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

they still can shoot, but now, they need to beileve they are fired at.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    flbrnt

flbrnt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

If you really want to know how illegal immigration can destroy a country just ask a Native American. :P

#19    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

The first question that popped into my mind when I read the original article was, "How could they tell it was illegal aliens from up in a helicopter?"

#20    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,305 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

yep,  and the first thing that popped into my head is...  ya don't shoot SUSPECTS !?!?!?!?

From the article:

Officials in Texas announced on Thursday that State Troopers would no longer be allowed to open fire on suspects from helicopters after the recent killing of two immigrants.

second thing  that popped into my head was....   what are they doing shooting IMMIGRANTS ?   (  did they mean Illegal immigrants?  and if so , when didi illegal immigration become a shoot and KILL on sight offense ? )    

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostGromdor, on 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

The first question that popped into my mind when I read the original article was, "How could they tell it was illegal aliens from up in a helicopter?"

Sombreros?

Edited by Stellar, 25 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,770 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostGromdor, on 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

'cause they're wet.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,323 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postand then, on 22 February 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

I wonder how long it was before the Visigoths realized they could steal or destroy what the Romans had, but could not reproduce it once the Romans were gone?  America is/was wealthy because of many ideas and a cohesion of beliefs.  Once that is broken then the magic is lost.  Who knows?  Maybe these immigrants will take the existing resources and make a better America for themselves in future - but I think it unlikely.  Too many have come like carrion.  Not enough who want to build.
Many ideas, yes.  Not a cohesion of beliefs, a diversity of beliefs.  We're never going to discover anything unless we avoid thinking like Br's where we refuse to speculate and just stick with what's already been figured out for us by someone else.   That might be a good idea for the dumbed down masses but it's a terrible idea for staying ahead in the world.   I believe there's more to life than meets the eye.  I believe there's a solution to every problem.   I believe that life has meaning.  I believe in you.  I believe.  There's tremendous power in belief, and there's tremendous lethargy in the lack of it.

Maybe Texas will still shoot suspects from the beds of their rolling pickup trucks?  Works well enough on 'The Walking Dead' and besides, I'd suspect injured people walking with a gimp in their leg for being zombies too.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#24    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Rather disturbing that they needed to make this ruling in the first place.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#25    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,076 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Can't use a helicopter? OK - have it your own way..............

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#26    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,654 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Maybe Texas simply ran out of heliocopter gunship war vets.  :w00t:

#27    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,445 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostStellar, on 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Sombreros?
hsssssssss!!!!!  Booo!  Tasteless (and tragically a little funny)

#28    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,445 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

'cause they're wet.
That isn't even funny, just offensive.  And for educational purposes wet backs was a term first applied to Americans immigrating accross the Rio Grande into Mexico.

Edited by OverSword, 25 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#29    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

View Postealdwita, on 25 February 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Can't use a helicopter? OK - have it your own way..............

Posted Image

Ah yes, the venerable A-10 Thunderbolt (aka Warthog).

Heavily armoured, highly survivable, close-ground air-interdiction troop support and tank killer.

#30    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

And here's a modified SUV with the awesome power of the Dillon Aero minigun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users