Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Fiscally Conservative


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Quote

BOSTON -- From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

"Fiscally conservative," sighed one aide the next day.

http://firstread.nbc...mneyland#1109sf

lol that is what happens when you work for Mitt Romney.

Edited by HuttonEtAl, 09 November 2012 - 03:34 PM.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#2    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,737 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Scraping the bottom of the barrell for dirt on Romney?

These credit cards were set up for his campaign. The campaign is over and they were probably set up to run for exactly that lengh of time. If I was setting up a temporary credit card, for say a child of mine, while they are on vacation I would set them up to run for the length of the vacation. I don't see a problem there.


#3    Harte

Harte

    Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

  • Member
  • 8,974 posts
  • Joined:06 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

  • Skeptic

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I agree.

Only a flighty little child would think there was anything wrong with this.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

    Astral Projection

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

this is a pathetic post.

there is pure hatred in your heart, and it's showing in this post.

sad....


#5    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dunwich USA

  • "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I guess the aides in question not having a clue that when the campagn was over they would be out of work kind of explains why they failed to get thier boy elected

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#6    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

    Dirt Eater

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostMichelle, on 09 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Scraping the bottom of the barrell for dirt on Romney?

These credit cards were set up for his campaign. The campaign is over and they were probably set up to run for exactly that lengh of time. If I was setting up a temporary credit card, for say a child of mine, while they are on vacation I would set them up to run for the length of the vacation. I don't see a problem there.

So you'd leave them without a way to get home?

After all their work, you'd think the GOP could be gracious enough to at least get them home. I mean, it's not like they don't have the money. That's a few pennies to those guys. Or a 2 seconds off one worthless TV ad. It's tactless.


#7    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,737 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 10 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

So you'd leave them without a way to get home?

After all their work, you'd think the GOP could be gracious enough to at least get them home. I mean, it's not like they don't have the money. That's a few pennies to those guys. Or a 2 seconds off one worthless TV ad. It's tactless.

I don't know about you, but I've never had a job where my transportation was my employer's problem...unless, of course, I couldn't get to work.

Edited by Michelle, 10 November 2012 - 01:37 AM.


#8    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

    Dirt Eater

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostMichelle, on 10 November 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

I don't know about you, but I've never had a job where my transportation was my employer's problem...unless, of course, I couldn't get to work.

Guess you've never had to travel for work then. It's pretty standard for employer's to pay travel related expenses. Probably a big reason why they had the credit cards in the first place.


#9    Harte

Harte

    Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

  • Member
  • 8,974 posts
  • Joined:06 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

  • Skeptic

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

These weren't volunteers.  I use my own money to go home from work. I'm not gonna whine about that.

Looks like Mitt can't win.  I mean, first he's an extravagantly rich guy that sucks the money out of everything he touches and wastes his money on expensive tastes.  Now he's a cheapskate and his aides should have a better life - such as taking free rides and shopping and eating on the campaign's budget.

Poor guys probably starved or moved into a cardboard box at some Orange Line station.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#10    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,737 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 10 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Guess you've never had to travel for work then. It's pretty standard for employer's to pay travel related expenses. Probably a big reason why they had the credit cards in the first place.

If there has been an established per diem on a trip out of town, sure.  Not for gettin back and forth to work on a daily basis.


#11    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

    Dirt Eater

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostMichelle, on 10 November 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

If there has been an established per diem on a trip out of town, sure.  Not for gettin back and forth to work on a daily basis.

Yeah, I could see the Bostonians paying their own way home. But people going to the airport or train station not so much. When I traveled a lot I'd even eat one last meal before I left the airport just because I was still on their dime. Once I used the company cc to pay for parking I was back on my own.


#12    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,737 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 10 November 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I could see the Bostonians paying their own way home. But people going to the airport or train station not so much.

I'm sorry...I must have missed where the article said people were stranded across the country, faaaar away from home. I assumed when they tried to catch a cab home that they were pretty close, since it didn't mention transients.


#13    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

    Dirt Eater

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostMichelle, on 10 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

I'm sorry...I must have missed where the article said people were stranded across the country, faaaar away from home. I assumed when they tried to catch a cab home that they were pretty close, since it didn't mention transients.

It didn't say specifically, but I don't think they were all from Boston. Then again, who knows, maybe the ones mentioned were. I'm just glad it's all over. (for another 2.5 years)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users