Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves real or fake?

paulhaychstyle

Ok i for one are always asking myself if these half human half wolf do live among us its being a good few years now but i keep bringing myself back to the legendary story of the beast of bray road is this story true could it be loads of people have claimed to seen this mysterious beast so why wouldent it be true?

• Like 1

legendary story of the beast of bray road?

The story of the beast of bray road runs back a few genarations now there was a movie brought out on the story its a good old story but personally i think the movie wrecked the true story thats if it is true of course

define "real"

define "real"

I know there is werewolves but just not how we see them in the movies atleast i hope not any ways lol

I know there is werewolves but just not how we see them in the movies atleast i hope not any ways lol

Or as the Galicians say: "I don't believe in witches, but there are some"?

• Like 1

Real or Fake?

I vote real fake...

• Like 2

Werewolves? Mmm, I think not real.

I kind of extra doubt the Bray Road legend. It's only been around since the 90's. Before that most of the best stories come out of Jefferson, which is to the north a bit from Elkhorn where Bray Road is located. There's a couple other towns in the area with werewolf stories too. But then that whole little area seems pretty saturated with spooky stories of all sorts.

You know??

I know there are shamans and medicine men who are convinced they are able to 'shape-shift' into another form of life, but when you ingest enough magic shrooms, you will be convinced of being able to shape-shift too.

However, that is very different from actually shape-shifting into another life-form.

Edited by Abramelin

You know??

I know there are shamans and medicine men who are convinced they are able to 'shape-shift' into another form of life, but when you ingest enough magic shrooms, you will be convinced of being able to shape-shift too.

However, that is very different from actually shape-shifting into another life-form.

Indeed, actaul shape shifting is pretty much impossible due to numerous factors, not least the energy that it would require, you'd probable kill you just by the intensity of the required exothermic reaction. This is before we even get onto the issue of the preservation of mass.

You know??

You know??

So Are Werewolves Real?

In my opinion, The answer to this, is yes. Werewolves do exist. The species has been brought about as a myth and legend so the human population would not go on killing sprees again, like in the dark ages and medieval times. Now, there are many explanations as to why these creatures exist, although there is no 'logical' explanation, there are the ones that make the most sense. European Werewolves

Werewolves originated in southern and eastern Europe, around the area of the Carpathian Mountains. These are the European Werewolves. In physical features, they are about a medium build, often having more muscle mass then fat (if well kept). They usually are more quiet, communicating more through looks and small gestures. The males are often larger then females, except in the case of "Alpha Wolves" or were's that keep growing at a slow pace to maintain dominance (much like the wild wolves). The European were was nearly wiped out, but a few packs managed to save themselves by immigrating to the New World. European werewolves were once able to change into wolves, but those that mated with humans soon had the gene for shifting bred out of the blood line. European Werewolves are also called lycans.

Skin-Walkers A Skin-Walker is a Native American-Indian who takes the form of a wolf or coyote. The Navajo tribe called these "Yenaldalooshi" or "He who walks on four legs". The story goes that when one wears the skin of an animal, it gathers that animal's power and becomes that animal by shape-shifting. That was back before the European Werewolf was introduced to the United States. This intermingling of species soon eliminated the ability for the majority of the Skin-Walker population. There are still very few of the pure-blood Skin-Walkers left, and of those only a handful can still shift. Now, the "shifting" takes place mentally, in this case, the werewolf or skin-walker takes on the mentality of the animal and behaves as a wolf would.

Personality Characteristics of a Lycan. If you are confused about weather yourself or a friend/family member is a werewolf, check these traits. The love of rare/raw red meats, the love of the outdoors, running, and singing. Also, watch for abnormal behavior during the Full or New Moon, this can include increased violence, sexual urges, depression or excessive hyperactivity Determine how many friends are around, and if there is care and protective feelings towards a certain amount. Most were's communicate mostly by using body language and eye messages rather then vocally. There is a pronouned sense of justice and an almost regal air around an 'Alpha' wolf. With all the interbreeding of wolves and humans, there are no real standoutish physical traits, save for the occasional pointed ear or long canine tooth or sharp finger nails. Hairy arms or legs have nothing to do with being a werewolf either.

NO

If this is the case, explain the the issues with energy and the conservation of mass.

Secondly, why is there no alteration of crime rate at full moon (that myth has been completely debunked).

werewolves do not exist except in legends.

why are you so convinced they're real?

If this is the case, explain the the issues with energy and the conservation of mass.

Secondly, why is there no alteration of crime rate at full moon (that myth has been completely debunked).

First let me say I do NOT believe in werewolves. AT ALL.

However if I did....to your second point I would say the population of werewolves might be so small as to not cause any perceivable fluctuation in statistics.

I'm a werewolf. Or at least, that's kind of how I felt last night when I was marking my territory....

Don't ask... :unsure2:

:Pthe yard... I took a p*** in the yard... sheesh... better make this part white text cuz it includes the word p***... and not really the yard so much as the edge of the yard...

• Like 3

I vote Fake. 1st of all shapeshifting is impossible so throw away the entire idea of Lycans. It's probably just a normal wolf. They can stand on 2 legs for a second life when they're begging for snacks. The sightings are either that or an extreme case of saying I'm here, I exist.

I remember watching some monster hunting show that the host met a man claming he could turn into a wolf. Basicly he acted goofy for a few seconds and then howled and crawled around on the ground.

I like the idea that they could be real but it seems very improbable unless there is some thing than we don't know about the world. I'm sure there is.

There is also the condition of lycanthopy as a disorder where people become violent during full moons but that's just delusions.

@Paulhaychestyle,

Pardon me for asking, but did you write the reply in post #11 under So Are Werewolves Real? yourself?

Due to a personal experience, I'd say werewolves are real.

Due to a personal experience, I'd say werewolves are real.

Then how do you explain the very basics such as the laws of physics and basic biology that counter the idea and why is there no evidence for it?

People suffering from hypertrichosis must have been regarded as ''real werewolves'' in the past. Some of them really looked like the original Wolfman from the 1940 movie.

• Like 1

Funny thing is that the way the English and Anglo-Americans pronounce "Lycan" makes me turn my head around to look for the one who spoke (part of) my true name, lol.

Them hallucinations sure do seem real though.... believe me.