Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life outside galaxy exist?

KrowMax

How i wonder that is any planet except earth that have life or can possibly life exist??It would be a big discovery for human kind..cause our planet now is over populated and our ecosystem is in a critical stage..we need a new world so that we can start a new and better life..Message me if anyone know a planet that probably life exist..:D

It's a big universe, so it's unlikely that Earth is the only planet that has life.

Yes, scientists think they have discovered planets that could plausibly be life supporting, but really don't have any proof that there is indeed life going on.

Huge problem though. Even if we found a world that we could move to- we don't have any way to move there at this time. We haven't really gotten people on Mars yet, let alone get a colony to a planet way farther away.

• Like 1

How i wonder that is any planet except earth that have life or can possibly life exist??It would be a big discovery for human kind..cause our planet now is over populated and our ecosystem is in a critical stage..we need a new world so that we can start a new and better life..Message me if anyone know a planet that probably life exist..:D

I think you will have a long wait because nobody knows of another planet where life exists (yet)

I have no doubt whatsoever that one day we will find one

But think about this. You say we need one to move to. Other than what rashore has already said, that we have no means of getting there, how would you like it if a whole load of aliens arrived in a colony of spaceships and said ''Hi peeps, our planet is over populated and the eco system is at a critical stage, so we have come here to colonise yours...ok?''

If we find another planet capable of supporting life, what right do we have to just go and invade said planet ?

I suppose you could argue that if there was no other intelligent life on the planet, then it would be ok. :)

I think you will have a long wait because nobody knows of another planet where life exists (yet)

But think about this. You say we need one to move to. Other than what rashore has already said, that we have no means of getting there, how would you like it if a whole load of aliens arrived in a colony of spaceships and said ''Hi peeps, our planet is over populated and the eco system is at a critical stage, so we have come here to colonise yours...ok?''

If we find another planet capable of supporting life, what right do we have to just go and invade said planet ?

I suppose you could argue that if there was no other intelligent life on the planet, then it would be ok. :)

IMO if there is no intelligent life on a suitable planet then there is no arguement... If we can get there, then we should colonize it... If there are intelligent life-forms, that are at a lower stage of technology than ours, then it gets quite a bit stickier...

If they have a higher level of tech then we had better be VERY nice to them...

IMO if there is no intelligent life on a suitable planet then there is no arguement... If we can get there, then we should colonize it... If there are intelligent life-forms, that are at a lower stage of technology than ours, then it gets quite a bit stickier...

If they have a higher level of tech then we had better be VERY nice to them...

Very, very nice lol :yes:

Edited by Englishgent

Hi English Gent, I agree. Why would another race be willing to have us on their world, if we could not controle the one we came from. Hopfully they are more advanced and not like us, or we may be looking down the barrel of a ray gun, or living like specimens in a cage to be studied. But thats the human way of scrambleing fighters to shoot down anything not known in our skies, hopfully they will be more advanced, and have better ideas and ways of Co existing w/ the land and eachother.

Love Omnaka

With Billions of Planets now est: in our Galaxy now alone who knows the possibilities ? :tu:

• 1 month later...

Yeah right who knows..Maybe someday someone will discover a planet that have life on it..:P

Most Definitely. Consider yourself messaged.

its impossible to discover a planet with life on it, without getting there to confirm it, or to make a contact....

I figure there's life all over the galaxy. People always talk about planets where it could exist but how do we know? We keep finding life on earth where we didn't think it possible, who's to say there's not life in our solar system? I doubt we'll ever find intelligent life in our lifetimes, but it's out there. Life always finds a way and time kills but also heals.

• 10 months later...

They came, they saw, and they left. What good are we to them other then less then an ant farm if that. Many kids get bord of any farms pretty quick. If they were here the already know what they need to know.

Edited by The Silver Thong

My own understanding is that whatever starting values are put into the Drake equation, it always comes out with the universe being filled with technological civilizations. If so, then unless we find somebody pretty quickly the reasonable inference is that we are unique. Or, of course, that the Drake equation is a load of old poop.

Yeah ! Or Why stop at one Universe ? For that matter What is " Go " and what is " STOP " ?

Let's start with this universe first before we leap!

The Universe is also ancient, 13.7 billion years. Our Solar System is 4.3 billion years old. If memory serves, the ten most common elements in the universe are also found on our planet Earth. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the known Universe, helium is second and there appears to be water everywhere. As Carl Sagan once said, “we’re all made of star stuff”. All the fundamental elements of producing life make up The Universe and the Earth as well. They were creating from dying, exploding stars. Since I’m not a scientist with a reputation to protect, I can make this bold statement. My logic dictates to me that because everything in the known Cosmos is made of the same star stuff, including life, than The Universe is obviously teeming with life! Life is extremely tenacious. Just look at our own Earth for example. Life manages to grow and flourish in any nook or cranny from the frozen ice in the Arctic to the hellish deep ocean hydrothermal vents with no sunlight, extreme pressures and heat, up to 400°C (750°F). This tells me life is everywhere in the Cosmos and most likely even in our own Solar System.

Other galaxies, stars and planets were around billions of years before our star with it’s solar system was even born! So again, logic dictates that life started everywhere in space and some evolved into intelligent, reasoning species thousands, millions and even billions of years before our tiny Solar System even existed. They had a hell of a head start I’d say. They would have evolved so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that if we ever encountered them would we even be able to recognize it for what it is? I think not. Is a simple organism aware that it’s Universe is a drop of rain water, on a leaf, in a garden, in your backyard? Does the true nature of Unidentified Arial Phenomenon represent some kind of numerous life forms on different levels of evolution, existing all around us that we’re not aware of? I’m convinced it is. Something our science cannot explain or even comprehend yet.

Edited by Nomad5000

Let's start with this universe first before we leap!

The Universe is also ancient, 13.7 billion years. Our Solar System is 4.3 billion years old. If memory serves, the ten most common elements in the universe are also found on our planet Earth. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the known Universe, helium is second and there appears to be water everywhere. As Carl Sagan once said, “we’re all made of star stuff”. All the fundamental elements of producing life make up The Universe and the Earth as well. They were creating from dying, exploding stars. Since I’m not a scientist with a reputation to protect, I can make this bold statement. My logic dictates to me that because everything in the known Cosmos is made of the same star stuff, including life, than The Universe is obviously teeming with life! Life is extremely tenacious. Just look at our own Earth for example. Life manages to grow and flourish in any nook or cranny from the frozen ice in the Arctic to the hellish deep ocean hydrothermal vents with no sunlight, extreme pressures and heat, up to 400°C (750°F). This tells me life is everywhere in the Cosmos and most likely even in our own Solar System.

Other galaxies, stars and planets were around billions of years before our star with it’s solar system was even born! So again, logic dictates that life started everywhere in space and some evolved into intelligent, reasoning species thousands, millions and even billions of years before our tiny Solar System even existed. They had a hell of a head start I’d say. They would have evolved so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that if we ever encountered them would we even be able to recognize it for what it is? I think not. Is a simple organism aware that it’s Universe is a drop of rain water, on a leaf, in a garden, in your backyard? Does the true nature of Unidentified Arial Phenomenon represent some kind of numerous life forms on different levels of evolution, existing all around us that we’re not aware of? I’m convinced it is. Something our science cannot explain or even comprehend yet.

Stars had to evolve too. The first stars didn't have "Star stuff" that made us, the processes of heat and compression eventually made star stuff. Type III and Type II Population stars had to form and explode many times to become the type I stars like our sun that carry these elements.

Then you have to form planets, then proto life, then life. Not quite the head start you imagined I would suspect.

Then we have Goldilocks zones to consider, not just planetary, but universal. I think the building blocks for life have to be abundant because space is harsh. A limited supply might have never evolved life at all anywhere.

UAP might even be free energy, that is something we could really use right about now.

Edited by psyche101

Ditto, an interplanetary Ferrari! :D

Stars had to evolve too. The first stars didn't have "Star stuff" that made us, the processes of heat and compression eventually made star stuff. Type III and Type II Population stars had to form and explode many times to become the type I stars like our sun that carry these elements.

Then you have to form planets, then proto life, then life. Not quite the head start you imagined I would suspect.

Then we have Goldilocks zones to consider, not just planetary, but universal. I think the building blocks for life have to be abundant because space is harsh. A limited supply might have never evolved life at all anywhere.

UAP might even be free energy, that is something we could really use right about now.

I'll get back to this. Gotta run

BTW - "If you stop to think, Remember to start again"

Good one :tu:

• Like 1

Just today on National Geographic:

Ker Than in Long Beach, California

for National Geographic News

Published January 7, 2013

Tens of billions of Earthlike worlds are strewn across the Milky Way, many of them circling stars very much like our own sun, astronomers said today.

Earlier research suggested that rocky planets might be much more abundant around small stars than sunlike ones. (Also see "New 'Super Earth' Found at Right Distance for Life.")

But a fresh analysis of data from NASA's Kepler mission, which launched in 2009, suggests this is not the case, according to new research presented at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Long Beach, California.

"We found that the occurrence of small planets around large stars was underestimated," said astronomer Francois Fressin, of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Read more at:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/billions-of-earthlike-planets-found-in-milky-way/