Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Glowing UFO Descends Onto Leeds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,080 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ok I thought Id post this one as its something new..  Im entirely satisfied with the explanation offered by others, but you decide

"Glowing UFO Descends Onto Leeds, UK Countryside"

A bright unidentified object was videotaped on Sunday as it appeared to descend above the countryside of Leeds, U.K.

The object gave off a very bright light as it slowly approached treetops. According to the YouTube description, credited to someone identified as Blip Street, "It was small and far away but looked just like the video. I thought it was a hot air balloon for a moment cos (sic) it was high and not moving."

Posted Image

story
http://www.huffingto..._n_3709872.html

Edited by seeder, 07 August 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,392 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hmm. Its a shame the quality isn't a tad better, it would be easier to determine a landing spot (behind the trees or those hills in the background). Of course I have to wonder what a presumably advance race of beings are doing landing in broad daylight with the flood lights on.

For that matter, what was so interesting the cameraman had to look to the right and zoom out? There's a damn UFO in front of you!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,080 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 07 August 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Hmm. Its a shame the quality isn't a tad better, it would be easier to determine a landing spot (behind the trees or those hills in the background). Of course I have to wonder what a presumably advance race of beings are doing landing in broad daylight with the flood lights on.

For that matter, what was so interesting the cameraman had to look to the right and zoom out? There's a damn UFO in front of you!

Yeh I thought that about the camera going right!  But another reason I posted this, apart from its a new story... is how easily people can be fooled... sure he was in the right angle to see it as he did - and maybe just didnt know what he saw, and I think that this 'not knowing' gives birth to sooo many other alleged ufo sightings, and throughout recent history too, where someone will INSIST he saw a ufo...  and for real!

Edited by seeder, 07 August 2013 - 12:18 AM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think the whole moving of the camera has a reason, because there was no UFO in the original footage.

#5    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Lol  I've seen the same thing many times and guess what?  It wasn't a UFO, just a regular old airplane coming in for a landing.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#6    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,338 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

funnily enough seeder, i've seen an object like that twice.
i live in my loft, and instead of trudging down 3 flights of stairs to go out for a smoke, i just open the loft window and lean out.
on two occasions, i've seen a light like that come down on the far side of the valley opposite, in a direction halfway between leeds & wakefield, but i'm sure there's a helicopter landing pad somewhere around there, so i never gave it much thought, just assuming it was a helicopter.
both times were at night, not during the daytime, but i'll keep a closer watch out in future!

"well we've ruined all the good bits, and cut down all the trees, and dumped the radiation into the deep blue seas.
we've ploughed up so much country just to get from A to B, just to move that little bit faster, in our five-speed luxuries-
just to move that little bit closer, to the world on your tv's."
-Culture Shock-

#7    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,392 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

I wonder why they would waste their time reporting footage of an airplane landing... slow news day? I'm sure there is some worthless celebrity doing something remotely more interesting.

I do wonder how they would react if they came to Las Vegas, where you can see six or seven of these coming in for landings alone.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,080 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postshrooma, on 07 August 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

funnily enough seeder, i've seen an object like that twice.
i live in my loft, and instead of trudging down 3 flights of stairs to go out for a smoke, i just open the loft window and lean out.
on two occasions, i've seen a light like that come down on the far side of the valley opposite, in a direction halfway between leeds & wakefield, but i'm sure there's a helicopter landing pad somewhere around there, so i never gave it much thought, just assuming it was a helicopter.
both times were at night, not during the daytime, but i'll keep a closer watch out in future!

hehe why not make a video next time while sounding excited/nervous -  :lol: with some good cam shaking going on! Up it to YT with a BS story saying " the day after 15 cows were missing, and huge tripod like scorch marks were in the local park"!  (This you can do with a blowlamp)....and  you may even make a few quid if it gets enough hits!   Thats what everyone else does, as we have seen here!

Knowing also - many similar forums will be discussing it furiously, maybe for years, skeptics and believers... :tu:

Edited by seeder, 07 August 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,338 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

don't be giving me ideas man!
making the UFO equivalent of 'the blair witch project' would probably make me rich & famous, and i've a feeling that would turn me into an insufferable as$h0le, when i prefer just to be an amiable pillock.....
:-)

"well we've ruined all the good bits, and cut down all the trees, and dumped the radiation into the deep blue seas.
we've ploughed up so much country just to get from A to B, just to move that little bit faster, in our five-speed luxuries-
just to move that little bit closer, to the world on your tv's."
-Culture Shock-

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,080 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postshrooma, on 07 August 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

don't be giving me ideas man!
making the UFO equivalent of 'the blair witch project' would probably make me rich & famous, and i've a feeling that would turn me into an insufferable as$h0le, when i prefer just to be an amiable pillock.....
:-)

Ha, Leeds isnt too far from me, so, you get the footage, and I'll drive up with a blowlamp to make circular scorch marks in a field...while also 'acting' as a stunned motorist witness, who saw the lot, because his cars electrics were knocked out as it glided silently overhead?  :w00t:

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,871 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Waiting for more Info ! :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    Codemonger

Codemonger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people" - Isaac Newton

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 07 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Waiting for more Info ! :alien: :no:

Landing lights from an aircraft seems to be the explanation given in the link, and seems reasonable. Nothing extraterrestrial.

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,145 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

As soon as they saw what Leeds was like they scooted straight back into outer space.

#14    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

whats this got to do with the UFO phenomenon?

its obviously Venus in the video

#15    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Looks to me like an aircraft on final approach with landing lights on.
No doubt the videographer knows that there's an airport there, but deliberately neglected to mention it.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users