Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What will be left of our cities?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,055 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Part one -

From our cities, to our farms, to our rubbish, humans have firmly stamped their mark across the planet. In part one of a two-part feature, Andrew Luck-Baker, from the BBC's Radio Science Unit, explores the legacy our civilisation will leave in the rocks of the future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20154030

Part Two -

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20154031

Posted Image

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Interesting read thanks for posting, reminds me of a documentary i once saw ill post an IMDB link to said documentary for any who have further interest in this topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1173907/

Life After People 2008

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,235 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostVaise, on 05 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Interesting read thanks for posting, reminds me of a documentary i once saw ill post an IMDB link to said documentary for any who have further interest in this topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1173907/

Life After People 2008

that was a good series if a little boring at times, it seems the legacy of humans will last a few thousand years. not much of an achievement.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Earth has a way of healing itself once the virus is gone.

#5    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Earth has a way of healing itself once the virus is gone.
no, that's the body you are thinking of.
planets don't get viruses, they don't get sick and they don't heal, unless you "drop some acid".

#6    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,581 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 05 November 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

planets don't get viruses, they don't get sick and they don't heal, unless you "drop some acid".
But ecosystems do malfunction, sometimes in ways from which they cannot recover.

Ever hear of ecophysiology?  Ecosystems function very much like a body, complete with respiration and everything.  Might be a good chance to learn something about a very ineteresting field.  BTW:  that carbon budget that proves human causes of global warming is part of this topic.  If you want, I can dig up some references so you can get started.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#7    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Nothing will be left, because this global culture of deceit wasn't ment to be.

The Earth should be a natural planet. Not a planet made of stone and metal. I'm thankful things are heating up now, with Mother Nature destroying cities and locations the world over. Finally we can get back to living the correct way.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#8    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Should archeologists of the future come along and investigate our existance then there will be plenty of evidence that we existed. They will find us in anamalous sedimentation layers, they will find us through our climate change signature in the ice cores, they will find us through our mineral extraction activities throughout the places where they would expect to find intact mineral deposits.

I personally don't want us to disappear, I just want us to behave in such a way that we can survive indefinately and not destroy the other organisms and life support mechanisms we rely on. It is a infantile stage of our evolution which believes that we can conduct ourselves in irresponsible ways without facing consequences. I peronally want to see mankind grow out of its childhood phase and into a mature adulthood. I believe that if we aopproach technological innovation in  a mature thoughtful way (not based purely on profit motives) we can develop ways of living which are both better and more enjoyable than what we have now with the prospect of many generations of the future been able to enjoy them as well.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#9    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 05 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

that was a good series if a little boring at times, it seems the legacy of humans will last a few thousand years. not much of an achievement.

Is this the same??

AFTERMATH : Population Zero

Hmmm.... it looks like it.

Edited by Abramelin, 06 November 2012 - 06:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users