Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I crazy?

The_Blogger

Hi, I'm Eileesh.

So ever since I was tiny I've always been a little strange; when I was around two I used to tell my mum all about a place called cotton street and my best friend Eddie. I didn't know an Eddie, and my mum didn't either. Luckily, my older brother had said similar things when he was a toddler, and she decided to do some research. As it turns out Cotton Street was supposed to run right under where our living room was. I don't know if that's just a major coincidence or what, but my mum seems to think that its an indication that I have a past life or something. My great Auntie is into witchy stuff and she's also saying that it could be a sign. I don't really know what to think?

I've read that when two siblings of around the same age can sometimes share dreams, this has happened to me only once. I was around seven and sharing a room with my five year old sister when we both 'woke up' at the same time and a hooded figure appeared at the far end of our room, it felt like I was frozen for a few moments and then it was gone. We both saw it and we often discuss it still, even now we're older.

Another thing is my nightmares, for years I have had terrible nightmares about a tall guy with dark hair and black eyes, who is either following me or has, on occasions attempted to kill me. It wouldn't bother me so much, but I tend to get quite violent in my sleep, I have even pushed my entire bedside table over which is quite difficult to move with two hands when I'm fully awake. I don't know why I have such bad nightmares, I'm not stressed or depressed. I always wake up so much more drained than I felt when I went to bed, which isn't what I need being an active teenager. I don't really want to have to take sleeping pills so does anyone know of any alternatives? All comments will be well received! Thank you very much :)

Hi, Eileesh: I think that we as humans are actually more sensitive than most people want to acknowledge. Maybe hypnosis would help you, by knowing who this dark man is, you may be able to free yourself from him. I know when I was a little kid, I would have dreams of being an adult. I really didn't want to live that life, so I used to hope that I would die before I grew up. I now wish I could remember those dreams, but, no go. Who is to know what we remember or pick up on when when we are kids?

• Like 1

Hello Eileesh and welcome. Can you be a bit more specific about Cotton Street? A town would be handy. If you'd rather not then I'll understand.

Melatonin is natural and will help you sleep without the after effects of sleeping pills.

Works wonders.

• Like 1

Hello, and a warm welcome to UM. :yes:

I truly hope that you can find some answers or directions of your questions.

Hi, Eileesh: I think that we as humans are actually more sensitive than most people want to acknowledge. Maybe hypnosis would help you, by knowing who this dark man is, you may be able to free yourself from him. I know when I was a little kid, I would have dreams of being an adult. I really didn't want to live that life, so I used to hope that I would die before I grew up. I now wish I could remember those dreams, but, no go. Who is to know what we remember or pick up on when when we are kids?

Thanks for your reply, I'd actually never thought of hypnosis maybe you're right. I'll talk to my Auntie about it and see what she thinks :) thanks again xx

Hello Eileesh and welcome. Can you be a bit more specific about Cotton Street? A town would be handy. If you'd rather not then I'll understand.

Its in Hull, Yorkshire, I can't remember the actual street name, but I think it was Knowles Avenue? I moved away when I was still small :) Thanks for the reply xx

Hello, and a warm welcome to UM. :yes:

I truly hope that you can find some answers or directions of your questions.

Thank you :) xx

That's interesting about the street underneath, it's always riveting when things like that piece together. If not a past life, perhaps as a child who was untainted by the blinds of the adult world, you were attuned to the atmosphere and lingering energies of the past around and embedded within your home and surroundings. Thanks for the tale :)

Welcome to U.M. :) Enjoy your stay and I really hope all your questions are answered.

• Like 1