Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Pascagoula case

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#256    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 April 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

LOL, we will see, I think there is a bit of fire and brimstone in my hypothesis ;)
look forward to the hypothesis stage

How did Diamond get rich from informing the media? Spotters rights? That's hardly rich I would think?
ok 'rich' was a bit of a stretch, however we know Collingo suggested to Diamond that he should not release the tape as they could make money from it. WSe also know Diamond and Ryder showed the tape to others that same evening..(sounds like they wanted the circus in town) and we also have Huntleys behaviour which is covered well in Miguels article/research.

The officers did not believe the tale, the Interview gave some of them pause is all. It could have gone real bad for them. And we have no connections, only suspicions, and Joe has illustrated how accurate suspicions are with regards to this case.
really? they didnt believe when they were first told the story but the secret recording made them believe the men...I think it was Diamond who said that the men were not lying about their experience.

Yeah, but in 2011, he was not spared the horror of that day.

Or did he........... :P

prob best not to go there :no: :tu:

#257    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

http://www.konsultin...audio_clips.htm

has a few audio recrdings of interviews with the men etc....plus lots of other interesting recordings from other cases

#258    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ufo Contact at Pascagoula (Hardcover)

by William Mendez (Author)

looking to buy this book as it has more transcripts and photos.......cant find it for under £200 ish........WOW....just WOW.

how why when?!?!?!?

#259    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Ufo Contact at Pascagoula (Hardcover)

by William Mendez (Author)

looking to buy this book as it has more transcripts and photos.......cant find it for under £200 ish........WOW....just WOW.

how why when?!?!?!?
Tried here? Just $95...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#260    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 11 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Tried here? Just $95...

thanks BMK I hadnt looked at the second print version, still seems a little steep though,  dont you think?

oh well.....if that is the cost of the truth then so be it :)

#261    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,256 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 11 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Just $95...
:w00t:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#262    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

thanks BMK I hadnt looked at the second print version, still seems a little steep though,  dont you think?

Yeap... BTW, have you tried bookstores? We have few, where you can order books, and they run through their channels to get one. I did that with several books, and came out cheaper than I would pay on amazon (for brand new)...

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

:w00t:
Yeah, my jaw hit the keyboard as well.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#263    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 11 April 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Yeap... BTW, have you tried bookstores? We have few, where you can order books, and they run through their channels to get one. I did that with several books, and came out cheaper than I would pay on amazon (for brand new)...

Yeah, my jaw hit the keyboard as well.

ok thanks.

#264    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

It seemed oval shaped and it was approximately 8 ft. wide, it was a little longer than that, and it had to be over 8 ft. high

Probably well covered, but browsing through the text that has appeared recently in this thread I couldn't find it worded exactly like this, so... When 'over 8 ft. high' is mentioned, have we clarified whether 'high' relates to the height of the object itself (from it's base to it's top), or the height the object is apparently off of the floor by? Again, apologies if that factoid has been staring me in the face...

Edit: Clarity

Edited by Matt Vinyl, 11 April 2013 - 08:51 PM.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#265    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 27 October 2011 - 11:35 AM, said:

Please dont get me wrong here as I dont wish to detract from the OP's original post and I am not suggesting there is no evidence to support abductions, but I find it rather strange that this whole 'adbuction' thing seems to be an American phenonemon. Does anybody have any statistics as to how many adbuctions there are worldwide and not just in the USA?
Because 'Mericans are the supreme race. Duh.

A skeptical believer.

#266    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

sadly my eyes are not that great lol, see the extract below that highlights the information was from Givens.

Posted Image

Givens doesnt seem to be trustworthy at all I agree. I do not however see how the above gives your hypothesis any legs though????

I do not suppose you have spotted an email for Mr Givens anyplace? I wonder if he might answer some questions. I'd like to know the names of the toll booth operators, and see what they think if they are OK with some questions. We do have some more detail of the actual situation which is far more valuable than the persons reputation who gathered the evidence. The Cameras now have a brand too, which seems to be no longer in production. Joe's article was poor in that he had not only stolen the information, but left it very loose. If it can be tightened up to reflect the actual sitiation, I think it is still admissible evidence that could turn out to be pretty damming.

I think that the God Fearing nature of the town indeed confirms that such an abominable act would be considered the lowest deviation a man could pursue, and would surely be ousted from Church, ridiculed for life, and earn eternal damnation in hell. Much to fear. In fact I would bet if this is the case, and my hypothesis is at all correct, then had the men been "found out" I suspect Calvin would have felt too much shame, and would not be with us today.

yes exactly 'possible' outwardly visible symptoms are just blood shot eyes (the swelling is not visible).....so why check for it? plus he said 'like' welding flash......and failing all those whose to say they didnt check for it and find something?

My eyelids swell as well, not the most attractive sight.

Why check for it? It's a type of radiation and Charlie was complaining about it, and they requested to be examined for radiation themselves.

hmmm although I do hear him say it is 30ft long.....I think you cannot trump listening to him actually say it...transcripts are always open to errors (as would the drawing :) )

So I will stick with him saying 30ft as I havent heard him say any different.

I am not one bit convinced  and am trying to dig up old transcripts. One thing I have noted is I am not the only one to note Charlie's ever changing spaceship. One source I have seen says he quotes it as being 10 feet long, and that is consistant with the statement made on the 12th. I cannot simply overlook the very fact that the distance the craft seems to have been from the men overnight became the length of the craft.

have them all over the place and some not even saved....to be honest most are worthless as only those drawn by or in the presence of the men can have any validity and free of 'artistic license'

No worries, I was hoping for drawings from the men, or Broadus or Larry mostly.

maybe we should do this sooner rather than later then

Whenever you like? You had objections to Randle, I would be interested to see them, as I said, as a rule Kevin seems very thorough, even for this old skeptic. I tend to give him more credence than any other UFOlogist.

the UFO didnt get over the water according to their statements/interviews. It landed (or hovered just above) the bank and the beings hovered 'over/across' the water to them.....if they werent in a boat how did the beings cross the water?

How did it get over the water at all?

They were fishing from a pier right? When fishing from a Pier, you are facing the water are you not?

The Pascagoula Incident involved two men, nineteen-year-old Calvin Parker and forty-two-year old Charles Hickson, both of Gautier, Mississippi, who were fishing in the Pascagoula River when they heard a buzzing noise behind them. Both turned and were terrified to see a ten-foot-wide, eight-foot-high, yada yada.........................

This one does not mention the pier, but most do.

The Open Minds article you referenced also says:

As Hickson and Parker went about the normal pastime of fishing off a pier at Shaupeter Shipyard, they heard a buzzing noise behind them.

It's always behind them, on the ground, I that was what I thought you meant with the catfish. I didn't think "they" were over the water at any time. When did they catch that fish? Not even what they were fishing for, they were after Hardheads, did they even catch the Catfish at that spot? Are Catfish caught at that location?

yes blue lights and a buzzing sound ....= more consistancy IMO

Not to me I am afraid, as far as I know, these men saw a streak of light.

Does a better description than:

As if that weren’t intriguing enough, former Pascagoula detective “Puddin” Broadus told Captain Ryder that me saw something streak through the air that same night. According Ryder, Broadus, who has since passed on, was an honest man not prone to flights of fancy: “Puddin’s dead now, but he was a fine man. He wouldn’t make up something like that.”

Exist? It's a pretty loose tie in. Something streaking through the sky can be anything.

And Larry is nothing like the abduction description:

at 9:00pm after watching TV, Larry Booth of Pascagoula got up to check the front door prior to going to bed. He noticed a huge object with red revolving lights hovering 8-10 feet over the street lamp. He thought it was an experimental craft run out of the local military base.

LOL, all we need now is for Charlie to say the 10 foot above the streetlight is now the hight of the object instead fo the distance and we have a closer match ;)

now this I havent seen before....link? when did he say this? this could be another big problem if true...or does it solve the catfish problem I had :unsure2:

I think you will find it in every transcript. That was why I thought it was a problem, you cannot even sleepwalk on water.

Then the same problems can be said about his whole family who witnessed the UFO? thats a hell of a lot of crazy people....

If they are all claiming staying in touch with Bible Bashing Aliens with a rock, then I have to say "well, yes".

No other answer would suffice would it?

excellent this is what I have been trying to say.....does proof exist of the extra dimensional Hypothesis? then how can we invoke this any more than mother ships? I dont think we can hence why we need to establish what was...as opposed to what we think should be.....this is why the size to me is irrelevant   (a change in the story with regards to size is relevant however.)

The IDH is as well supported as the ETH. Whilst there is little argument considering the likelihood of other species on other planets, the method of travel i.e. the ETH is pure fantasy. It is not supported by anything at all other than speculation. What makes wormhole travel possible but dimensional not? As I understand Vallees ideals, we had a big bang that resulted in our main Universal ingredient being hydrogen. What if the balance was slightly different, and a different fundamental element, lighter, or perhaps heavier was to drive the evolution of the Universe? What would it look like? Why would it be 3D and not 2D? And why could these Universes not exist at say right angle to each other? Or on top of each other? If aliens can use wormholes to het here, then dimensional travel seem just as plausible to me. Except the concept of dimensional travel could allow the tale to stand "as is" whereas the ETH will not allow for this. It requires more to move that small craft across the vast expanses as we know it, as it was reported alone. For a Mothership, you have to make up an entirely new UFO that nobody has seen, and is not part of any recollection.
But I do not think the IDH answers the abduction at Pascagoula, if anything, it probably is over-thinking it.

Edited by psyche101, 15 April 2013 - 04:47 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#267    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

look forward to the hypothesis stage

WIll take some putting together. I believe I am the first to pursue this line of investigation.

ok 'rich' was a bit of a stretch, however we know Collingo suggested to Diamond that he should not release the tape as they could make money from it. WSe also know Diamond and Ryder showed the tape to others that same evening..(sounds like they wanted the circus in town) and we also have Huntleys behaviour which is covered well in Miguels article/research.

There still seems quite some urgency to get this out to the public.

really? they didnt believe when they were first told the story but the secret recording made them believe the men...I think it was Diamond who said that the men were not lying about their experience.

Why did they insist on the Lie Detector test then? Even more interesting, why did Calvin pull out?

prob best not to go there :no: :tu:

TIC,

:tu:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#268    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Not sure $95 will get you the truth after all mate:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

And people say there is no money on these books? I wonder what he made as a guest in the UFO circuit?

Edited by psyche101, 15 April 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#269    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Hey Q

If the width of an egg is 8 foot, the height should be pretty much the same, however if this really is any sort of actual egg shape, should it proportionally be about 18-20 feet long mathematically?

#270    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,256 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 April 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

I do not suppose you have spotted an email for Mr Givens anyplace? I wonder if he might answer some questions. I'd like to know the names of the toll booth operators, and see what they think if they are OK with some questions. We do have some more detail of the actual situation which is far more valuable than the persons reputation who gathered the evidence. The Cameras now have a brand too, which seems to be no longer in production. Joe's article was poor in that he had not only stolen the information, but left it very loose. If it can be tightened up to reflect the actual sitiation, I think it is still admissible evidence that could turn out to be pretty damming.

I think that the God Fearing nature of the town indeed confirms that such an abominable act would be considered the lowest deviation a man could pursue, and would surely be ousted from Church, ridiculed for life, and earn eternal damnation in hell. Much to fear. In fact I would bet if this is the case, and my hypothesis is at all correct, then had the men been "found out" I suspect Calvin would have felt too much shame, and would not be with us today.

Do you have any evidence at all in support of this intriguing hypothesis you seem to have constructed here? is there any evidence of any "suspicious" relations between the two gentlemens?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users