Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

What do you think this is ?

ufo unknown hovering pictures daytime pictures

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

UAV

Posted Image

"Hate is easy, Love takes courage."

#47    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,300 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

thalassinus, that looks nothing like the OPs photo, there are no sharp edges, the only similarity is they are both unmanned.....alledgedly!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#48    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,300 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

thalassinus, that looks nothing like the OPs photo, there are no sharp edges, the only similarity is they are both unmanned.....alledgedly!
The photo you have posted is actually of a weather test plane, where as the OPs photo is of a balloon.........alledgedly

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#49    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

There is sharp edges in pic 2 and 4.

And i only posted that as an example. UAV's come in hundreds of shapes and sizes. Im not saying it is that, it was a suggestion. x

"Hate is easy, Love takes courage."

#50    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 12 November 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

IMO there's nothing to suggest it was anything other than something balloony.

Fender, purely looking at the photos, what do you see?

It looked to me like a solid metalic craft the size of a small plane. I couldnt tell what it was from far away. The pictures show it changing shape, from my view, it was flipping or rotating. It was not a windy day. there was no wind so i dont see how it just vanished. From my view it was moving/ rotating and shining with bright lights. It was close for the 1st few minutes then as i tried to get closer it vanished into the sky. thats it.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#51    FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• I was just brought into the cosmos.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postthalassinus, on 12 November 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

UAV

Posted Image

One of my pictures does Actually resemble the same kind of shape as this. I am convinved it was not a normal drone or plane as it was just hovering slowly moving bewteen the buildings, back and forth. After a minute or so it looked smaller. It then shrunk away from me. I was unble to see it again. I know what a balloon is and how a ballon floats away. It was not a windy day and what i saw did not look to me like a ballon.

I do see balloons occasionally, however this was not like any ballon as it appeared to be a solid craft that was under its own control. that's just what it looked like to me. thanks all for your input.

Edited by FenderJazzBass, 13 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

The world around us ? Things are not what they seem.

#52    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

This thing on youtube might be similar. What you guys think?

#53    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,300 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View Postthalassinus, on 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

And i only posted that as an example. UAV's come in hundreds of shapes and sizes. Im not saying it is that, it was a suggestion. x

View Postthalassinus, on 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Example accepted. x

#54    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,300 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Swampgasballonboy,
I did think I saw something, but on moving my screen up and down a few times, realised it was a mark on my screen on not on the picture, so after cleaning my screen I now see that , yep, its a blank picture. Is that deliberate or have you forgotten something?

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,300 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Take it back, the youtube vid is back!
Must of been a technical hitch...or was it????!!!!! spooky?

#56    ollyhw45

ollyhw45

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

wow thats a pretty good video

#57    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

These guys need to use some descriptive adjectives other than the 'F' word. I must admit though, it was certainly one weird looking object.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#58    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Looks like a mylar balloon or a cluster of mylar balloons to me...

#59    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I think it looks like a helium ballon, made of that shiny foil stuff. The video posted showing a "ufo" does not have lights on it at all, it's the sunlight reflecting off it. Just like how it happens to planes, shiny balloons and helicopters.

Example of silver shiny foil helium balloon:

Posted Image

There is also videos of people attaching cameras to bigger versions of the above balloon, then attaching a parachute as well and then letting it fly up to the edge of the atmosphere to take pictures or film videos of the journey and scenery.

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 13 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

It looked to me like a solid metalic craft the size of a small plane. I couldnt tell what it was from far away. The pictures show it changing shape, from my view, it was flipping or rotating. It was not a windy day. there was no wind so i dont see how it just vanished. From my view it was moving/ rotating and shining with bright lights. It was close for the 1st few minutes then as i tried to get closer it vanished into the sky. thats it.

Just because you felt no wind at your level, does not mean there is not wind at higher up.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#60    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,809 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostFenderJazzBass, on 04 November 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I've enhanced the colors and played with some filters in GIMP to see if anything else is revealed. I'm telling you, it was the size of a small plane when i first saw it. It didnt' look like a balloon to me. I see many balloons where i live and this didnt look like or move like it. Either believe me or not, i wouldnt waste your time talking about a ballon. Anyway, It moved from one side of the street to the other wobbling. I understand that balloons also wobble but this was different. Trust me. This was not a normal flying object. It was big the size of a small plane and got smaller as i came out of the buildings and up on to the levee for s better view. anyway, i'ev done my job. Made the report. The truth is out there and its more fantastic than i could ever imagine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Those 'enhancements' are entirely meaningless.  In fact, these kind of applied filters are worse than meaningless as they simply distort what is there and sometimes exaggerate and bring out what are simply image artefacts - image noise, JPEG compression, etc. - so that you end up seeing things that aren't really anything at all.

Even the simple act of resizing a small area of a photograph distorts it, as typically resizing a photo or zooming in beyond native resolution in an image viewer will anti-alias and blur out pixellation.  What were hard edges between pixels get smoothed out into nice smooth gradients and curves and shapes that you can't justify as actually being there at all.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users