Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think you guys have forgotten but...

Picturesque Orion

Happy 50th birthday NASA. ;)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• DONTEATUS

• TSS

• Picturesque Orion

Happy 50th birthday NASA. ;)

Nope...this one didn't forget.

It might be cool to point out the fact that NASA is the National AERONAUTICS and Space Administration...and their accomplishments over the past 50 years in the field of aeronautics have been spectacular.

The supercritical wing airfoil, which flies on many a modern jetliner today, transports and even some GA aircraft, dimninishing and delaying drag producing shock waves on the wing's upper surface when the craft is nearing transonic speeds..thus improving efficiencies in great measure.

Winglets, developed by Richard Whitcomb at NASA Langley, also reducing drag...a NASA innovation commonly seen on aircraft today.

Four dimensional navigation (where...and WHEN).

Advanced pollution reducing combustors.

Advanced materials for engine containment which prevent parts from flying into fuselages when engines go poof...

Kevlar and carbon-fibre composite fusealage materials development.

The glass cockpit...a NASA innovation.

Icing and wind shear detection...and future developments which will provide for real time control solutions for damaged aircraft.

They are an amazing group of people at NASA...which we can all be thankful for.

Amen brother. And happy birthday NASA, here's hoping you have many many more. :nw::tsu::clap:

Happy Birthday NASA, I hope you have many more years of covering up the truth about Aliens and ancient civilisations on Mars. :tu:

What a shame that the most impressive organisation in the history of mankind (imo) gets only 4 replies on it's 50th anniversary.

Happy (belated) Birthday NASA!

*Doffs cap to everyone who's ever worked for them*

What a shame that the most impressive organisation in the history of mankind (imo) gets only 4 replies on it's 50th anniversary.

Happy (belated) Birthday NASA!

*Doffs cap to everyone who's ever worked for them*

Ditto, Who...

...a few replies...and one of them this:

Happy Birthday NASA, I hope you have many more years of covering up the truth about Aliens and ancient civilisations on Mars.

Hopefully, a tongue in cheek response.... :huh:

If not, well, all I can say is, "What has happened in this world? How did it get this way...?"

Happy B-day NASA ok late B-day but you know what they say ;)

Mid, that comment from Cradle of Fish was most deffinitly tongue in cheek, common on it's Cradle of Fish talkin here LOL

Mid, that comment from Cradle of Fish was most deffinitly tongue in cheek, common on it's Cradle of Fish talkin here LOL

Thank God, Silver !

:tu:

:sk To a Thousand more B-days NASA maybe by then we will of fingered out the way to peaceful and ever expanding exploration of the Stars. Im one of direct belief that we can overcome this system of friction in our world affairs and differences.One must See it and tottally commit to this advancment . So get out and vote for new Leaders that are ready for Change . Way to Go NASA ! :sk

If not, well, all I can say is, "What has happened in this world? How did it get this way...?"

I would argue that point anyway in regard to the lack of responses and general distain from some quaters for Nasa. :hmm: Very sad. :(

I think it is worth pointing out that today (Saturday, 4th October 2008) is the 51st anniversary of the world changing event that lead to the formation of NASA, the launch of the world's first artificial satellite Sputnik 1.

Happy birthday NASA and happy birthday to the Space Age.

I remember standing outside one evening with my older cousins looking up at the night sky. My Dad told us there was now something called Sputnik made by the Russians circling the Earth. I was 5 years old and completely confused as to why it didn't just fall out of the sky!

OMG!!!!

Happy Birthday NASA!!!!!!

*big fire works for NASA*

"I still got my eye on you's!" :ph34r:

Happy 50th birthday NASA.

A lot's been achieved by them in those fifty years. let's hope even more is achieved in the next fifty. :tu:

OMG!!!!

Happy Birthday NASA!!!!!!

*big fire works for NASA*

"I still got my eye on you's!" :ph34r:

Looks at the dark sky with Crimsonx