Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

ufology ufo watchers

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Well.... i believe in Aliens, but thats not the point. The point is, what the hell are the government doing in those bloody ships???  Now UFOS i really believe in, if you live in wiltshire, england, as i do, and reguatly smoke out the window at 5 in the morning, or walk home from friends at some stupid time, you will see so many! And i know the difference between helicopters and ufos... a helicopter is loud as anything, and lands on the hill behind my house, 4 times a day, A ufo is silent, hovers for hours, has weird flying patterns, and often has a white light on it that is lighter than the moon.
Anyway UFO's and aliens are two different things. the things might come together sometimes, but how do we know? we are busy looking in space. When we should be looking here.

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 07 November 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

Like Q from Continuum in Star Trek.

Q is not a being, he is Q. The entire continuum is Q.

And he never visited earth.

Q would also not qualify as life as we know it, or require a spaceship.

I would like to know Q's evolutionary ladder.

Very complex character Q, but I like him.

ETA Trivia: Gene Roddenberry named Q after his friend, Janet Quaton.

Edited by psyche101, 07 November 2012 - 04:48 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

View Postthalassinus, on 07 November 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Anyway UFO's and aliens are two different things. the things might come together sometimes, but how do we know? we are busy looking in space. When we should be looking here.

Quote of the day perhaps. Well said. Every UFO answer to date has come from beneath our feet, not space.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#49    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 November 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

I think I still need an element of belief because I have only seen two, perhaps 3 in my life, and am not sure that people do see UFO's as often as is claimed, I have to run with the benefit of the doubt. I think many UFO's are IFO's viewed by people who are easily over excited :P

:lol:

:tu:

Completely understandable :)

#50    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostGaden, on 07 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

I would agree with this except for:

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Does anyone know if these figures are accurate, or whether it is just Great Britain, or all over?
Think about it, 96%?
Very interesting if true.
Having been involved in different UFO research groups in the UK since the 1970s, I think the decline in reports and the effective need for research groups is down to one thing - the internet.  Such groups mainly existed (I can think of exceptions) to collect reports, objectively analyze them and disseminate data, a considerable amount of which went into the MOD's dbase to subsequently re-appear into the public domain many years later in the MOD's releases of their 'UFO files'.
People no longer see a need to report their sightings to be validated and investigated when they can post/blog their sightings immediately across the i-net and have others accept/believe them without any critical thinking.

Edited by Oppono Astos, 07 November 2012 - 07:05 AM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#51    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 07 November 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

People no longer see a need to report their sightings to be validated and investigated when they can post/blog their sightings immediately across the i-net and have others accept/believe them without any critical thinking.

That makes sense.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#52    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,398 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostGaden, on 07 November 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

That makes sense.

Or,  we don't report them anywhere because in the end, it just doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#53    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

You might be surprised how many people get a chuckle out of stuff like this. Spitting from the freeway bridge has stepped up a notch. It's not jus UFOlogy by a long shot. Bigfootery relies on hoaxes to keep alive. Anthropology suffered Piltdown Man, Palaeontology the Brontosaurus, Nessie needs little introduction as one of the biggest hoaxes os all time, The Cottingley Fairies fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Book of Mormon is a religious hoax, The Turk, The Giant of Cardiff, The Feejee mermaid, The Priory of Sion, heck there is quite a list out there outside of UFO circles, and it is a big one.

Don't feel special guys, it's not just you.

It's all good, I am here to make everyone feel better.

Posted Image

Whatever floats your boat I guess

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#54    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Or,  we don't report them anywhere because in the end, it just doesn't make a damn bit of difference.
Or making the public think there crazy, Its much easier to deal with the ridicule from behind a computer screen because its easier  you can choose to ignore it.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#55    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Postpallidin, on 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well, I don't care what the article says.
All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.
Well said

#56    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Why did you use to do hoaxes?

At the time I was only 14, so it was fun to fool people, and because I believed in the stuff so much I wanted to know how easy it was to fake stuff. I did a bunch of different ones like UFO photos, videos, ghosts, bigfoot, crop circles, etc. I had universities and professors examine my photos and conclude they where real, when they where just models hanging from fishing line. haha

Now that I know all the tricks of the trade, I expose other peoples hoaxes. Makes research a lot easier when you can almost instantly spot a fake.

Edited by AlienDan, 07 November 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#57    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostAlienDan, on 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

At the time I was only 14, so it was fun to fool people, and because I believed in the stuff so much I wanted to know how easy it was to fake stuff. I did a bunch of different ones like UFO photos, videos, ghosts, bigfoot, crop circles, etc. I had universities and professors examine my photos and conclude they where real, when they where just models hanging from fishing line. haha

Now that I know all the tricks of the trade, I expose other peoples hoaxes. Makes research a lot easier when you can almost instantly spot a fake.
That makes sense I guess LIke i said earlier whatever floats your boat...Do you actually believe we are being visited though? Do you believe theres life out there?

#58    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 November 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Well you could choose a Roswell thread to post incorrect information if you really need to do so. But I doubt you have a clue about balloon trains, I mean, how many people deal with 600 foot long balloon trains? And as such have not an idea in the world what you are dismissing, and Trowbridges opinion does not change that. Not only that but he was playing Bridge at the Marcel house according to his claim,

Trowbridge:

LINK

Could I trouble you to open a Roswell thread, and explain all that away before making grandiose statements that conflict next time please?

Calm down Big Fella, I say if Trowbridge, Marcel, and the deputy base commander DuBose say it 'twasn't a weather balloon, well that's plenty, plenty, good enough for me. Good day.

#59    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 07 November 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

That makes sense I guess LIke i said earlier whatever floats your boat...Do you actually believe we are being visited though? Do you believe theres life out there?

Through my experience, I have come to learn that no body knows something as good as someone who truly knows it. A psychiatrist does not understand someone with a panic disorder as well as someone who has a panic disorder. If you want to research UFOs, you have to be able to filter through the bull****, and nobody can do this better than someone who has created bull**** them self. I see so many researchers make mistakes simply because they lack knowledge of what is fake.

And yes I think aliens real, it's almost impossible that they arent just by sheer size of the universe and stars, but I'm on the fence about whether they've visited. I think they probably have, but I can't say 100% for sure.

#60    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostAlienDan, on 07 November 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Through my experience, I have come to learn that no body knows something as good as someone who truly knows it. A psychiatrist does not understand someone with a panic disorder as well as someone who has a panic disorder. If you want to research UFOs, you have to be able to filter through the bull****, and nobody can do this better than someone who has created bull**** them self. I see so many researchers make mistakes simply because they lack knowledge of what is fake.

And yes I think aliens real, it's almost impossible that they arent just by sheer size of the universe and stars, but I'm on the fence about whether they've visited. I think they probably have, but I can't say 100% for sure.
That makes sense , a person doesnt really know what the pain from a gunshot feels like unless they've actually been shot. What do you think of abduction cases, do you think there just lying or hallucinated it?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 08 November 2012 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users