Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Paranormal Journals of Scott L. Spencer

Captain Kundalini

Earliest Memory

My earliest memory was of my maternal Grandfather, whom my brothers and I called “Foddy” because we couldn’t say “Grandfather”. It was Foddy who taught me to fish and play cards and he would take Stewart, Bryan and myself on trips downtown just to see the city.

One day, when I was about five years old, I saw Mom and Dad all dressed in black and looking very sad, especially Mom. They had left a baby sitter with us. I was 5, Stewart was 4 and Bryan was 2.

When I asked them where they were going, Mom told me that they were going to Foddy’s funeral.

I didn’t understand, but I let it go. I didn’t find out until it was explained to me later.

Foddy had been ill because of a couple of heart attacks he’d had in previous years. One day, he went to lie down on the couch at his and Granny’s house. He had a third heart attack and passed away while he slept.

Granny came home and found him dead.

After Foddy had been buried, I began having disturbing dreams about him. They consisted of myself looking at him as though I was looking through a cross section of the ground and through the casket at him.

user posted image

Pretty wild for a five year old kid who knew nothing about death, only that his grandfather was in Heaven.

About a year later, Mom and Dad took the three of us boys over to Granny’s house to spend the night. We had some dinner and then watched Granny’s color TV and then went to bed. Stewart and Bryan slept in the back bedroom and I slept in Foddy’s old bed.

I had trouble sleeping beccause, not only was I in a strange bed, but I had the feeling that I was being watched.

I sat up and looked over toward the bedroom door and sensed a presence there! It gave me a terrible fright and I woke Granny up and pleded for her to call Mom and Dad to come and get me. As soon as I became frightened, the presence vanished.

Mom and Dad came and got me and took me home to where I slept in my own bed.

Thinking about it now and looking back, I’m pretty sure that it was just Foddy looking in on me, checking out his beloved wife and his grandson.

I never told anyone about this until last month. I told Bryan and it gave him the creeps.

But that was the first.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Captain Kundalini

• boorite

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The incident took place in Austin, Texas on August 14, 1995 between 11:30pm and Midnight. A friend of mine who I shall call James had been going thru some bad times of late. He had been suffering from partial paralysis from an injury he had sustained years ago in a diving accident. His business was failing, his bank account was dwindling and since he had lost his lease with the apartment he lived in, he had to live with a friend until he could get back on his feet. As sometimes happens in all of us, James lost hope and felt that there was no way out and so, committed suicide. I was told about this the next day by a mutual friend of ours. A bunch of us got together later to remember him & grieve.

Two nights later, while at a payphone at the corner of S. Lamar and Barton Skyway (a well lit street corner) talking to a lady friend, I caught a glimpse of something moving out of the corner of my right eye. I looked to my right across the street and saw James! He was walking without any sign of paralysis at all! He looked completely solid. As he walked he looked at me, smiled, nodded, and then disappeared! Oddly enough, I was not frightened by the experience, but I sure was surprised. I went and told another mutual friend of ours of my encounter and he told me that he had heard that James' Sister In Law had also seen him. According to her report, she was making some sandwiches in the kitchen of the house she shared with her husband, Drew (James' brother), when she felt a chill, followed by the feeling that she was being watched. When she turned around, James was standing in the doorway of the kitchen a few feet away from her. He spoke to her saying, "I'm okay. Everything’s alright. Where's Drew?" She screamed and he disappeared. She and I are the only ones who saw him. Two days later, James was taken to Dallas and laid to rest there. As far as I know, his ghost has not been seen since.

Edited by Captain Kundalini