Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Think I Know The Meaning Of Life

mattk4today

So I am recently recovered from drug addiction and, after my spirit has been dead for years, I am now clean mentally and spiritually, and have begun to search for my own spirituality. I've doe a lot of studying and this is what I've learned. This is what I've come to believe so don't knock it too bad, but I'm curious of your thoughts.

Evryone who has, is, or will be on Earth are souls created by "God" (use whatever term you will). This is who we meet when we die (as hundreds of near death experiences of others I've read show). When we die he meets us and we learn he is a loving God and a non-judgemental God. We review our life over with Him (all in direct thoughts at this point, the only way souls communicate) and realize where we have succeeded in life and how we've failed. There are many areas in our life which are benchmarks, if you will, which we have to overcome to succeed (what is succeeding? I'll get to it, bear with me).

If we do all we are supposed to do in our lifetime, we then move on to another dimension, or plane of existence, with all the other souls who have completed life's lessons, and live eternally. If we do not complete all we need to, as we look over our life with God, He lets us know there is more we must learn, and we are reborn once again on Earth to start a new life as someone else, same soul which is the real you. You will live as many lives as it takes before you learn and do what you need to in life (what's that? i'll get to it). Sometimes, when we die and we have some unfinished business on Earth, we get stuck in between Earth and beyond until someone or something moves us on (ghosts).

But what does this all come to? What is the meaning of life? What is God? What do we need to move on? What is the energy which our new dimension is made of? The answer to all of these: LOVE

If you ever set out to do anything in your life, live it with love in your heart. It is the key to all that was, is, and will be for eternity. Save yourself from having to live life over and over and live everyday with love in every possible way. And if you don't agree with me, search all you can for spirituality and learn all you can for yourself. Learning and acknowledging your spirituality is the most important thing you will ever do, it's all that you are.

All right sorry I know I got preachy there at the end, but I just get passionate about it. That's the meaning of life, as I have come to understand it. :tu:

Congratulations on your recovery my dear!!! :tu: And it's wonderful to see when one is so very passionate about their own beliefs, even if another doesn't agree with them. Your ideals, thoughts, beliefs, are wonderful, and actually seem quite peaceful.

Nice post. Me and my friend just read your post and admire you greatly for getting off your addiction. Well done. It is good to see that out of it you are seeking your spiritual path. You seem very open minded about the whole thing and so me and my mate wish you well brother. Just know that death itself does not equal union with God or whatever term you want to use. Here is some small quotes and piece of writing to elucidate what I mean here. Well done anyway mate!

Death is no cure for ignorance. ---Anonymous

O friend, hope for Him whilst you live, know whilst you live, understand whilst you live; for in life deliverance abides.

If your bonds be not broken whilst living, what hope of deliverance in death?

Is it but an empty dream that the soul shall have union with Him because it has passed from the body;

If He is found now He is found then;

If not, we do but go to dwell in the City of Death.

--Kabir (Muslim and Hindu mystic)

God alone is Real and the goal of life is to become united with Him through love. Meher Baba (Hindu mystic)

Edited by brave_new_world

Good on ya for beating your addiction.....It's great that you realise what life is all about and I wish you all the very best in the future....Good things are coming your way.... :yes:

Near death is just a brain fart from a still living brain.

And you know this how?

The meaning of life is to live it

Nothing else

Animals do that, whay Humans shouldn't do that??

If you live that way it is much easy in life :)

The meaning of life is to live it

Nothing else

Animals do that, whay Humans shouldn't do that??

If you live that way it is much easy in life :)

Animals dont have the same level of self-awareness man does. They lack reason and are ruled by their sub-conscious instinct. Man's inner biological urges dont compel him like animals are compelled.

If the meaning of life was simply to live it, then why are so many live people out there not happy living it? Animals live life for the sake of life itself, they see no distinction between a purpose for living and life itself. Life like virtue is then its own reward for our lower brethren. But man unlike animals lives in a self-conscious life in time not, in a blissful sub-rational eternity on the hither side of good and evil. Life for man is lived for something outside itself, for a higher level of awareness similar to that our which animals live in but on a higher more conscious level of perfection.

Though very few people actually ever achieve this (including me) people nevertheless can achieve it. This is why we should give daily thanks for to the cosmos for being human.

People always try and find a meaning to everything but maybe there is no meaning to life.

can i ask sire BNW???

how did you achieve what you achieve?

what is bliss for you??

I have achieved little and havnt experienced it. I only have faith. That offers partial bliss. I know though that the more I cultivate this faith the more the bliss will grow. That is a long way away I feel and that saddens me.

So I am recently recovered from drug addiction and, after my spirit has been dead for years, I am now clean mentally and spiritually, and have begun to search for my own spirituality. I've doe a lot of studying and this is what I've learned. This is what I've come to believe so don't knock it too bad, but I'm curious of your thoughts.

Evryone who has, is, or will be on Earth are souls created by "God" (use whatever term you will). This is who we meet when we die (as hundreds of near death experiences of others I've read show). When we die he meets us and we learn he is a loving God and a non-judgemental God. We review our life over with Him (all in direct thoughts at this point, the only way souls communicate) and realize where we have succeeded in life and how we've failed. There are many areas in our life which are benchmarks, if you will, which we have to overcome to succeed (what is succeeding? I'll get to it, bear with me).

If we do all we are supposed to do in our lifetime, we then move on to another dimension, or plane of existence, with all the other souls who have completed life's lessons, and live eternally. If we do not complete all we need to, as we look over our life with God, He lets us know there is more we must learn, and we are reborn once again on Earth to start a new life as someone else, same soul which is the real you. You will live as many lives as it takes before you learn and do what you need to in life (what's that? i'll get to it). Sometimes, when we die and we have some unfinished business on Earth, we get stuck in between Earth and beyond until someone or something moves us on (ghosts).

But what does this all come to? What is the meaning of life? What is God? What do we need to move on? What is the energy which our new dimension is made of? The answer to all of these: LOVE

If you ever set out to do anything in your life, live it with love in your heart. It is the key to all that was, is, and will be for eternity. Save yourself from having to live life over and over and live everyday with love in every possible way. And if you don't agree with me, search all you can for spirituality and learn all you can for yourself. Learning and acknowledging your spirituality is the most important thing you will ever do, it's all that you are.

All right sorry I know I got preachy there at the end, but I just get passionate about it. That's the meaning of life, as I have come to understand it. :tu:

Those are for the most part the same conclusions I came to a long time ago, although i dont believe they are absolute.

I always have the sensation that before I began this life of mine, I recall overlooking lives that i could have, other spirits (people) would come to this one and move on, but I agreed to do it because it was difficult and I felt I could achieve it.

Does it mean this will be my last life if I overcome all the "benchmarks" I dont know, maybe, maybe not, or maybe both at once.

I came to the conclusion that perhaps there was a distinguishable difference between a "spirit" of a person and a "soul" of a person. The spirit containing all the information from the past lives used to guide us through this life. The soul containing the information from this single life.

The soul when a human dies and goes to a spiritual place, perhaps becoming what we refer to as angels and demons, or to the pegans "gods". while the part of that person which is also trapped into the spirit moves onto the new life through reincarnation.

ultimatly that sensation can be summed up by what jesus said about john the baptist.

Math. 11:11

Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he

John born of a woman being the "soul" and those in the kingdom of heaven being "spirits"

Although I'm not christian i do believe in the majority of orthodox judaism, which includes reincarnation, of course.

I also believe that all those who die, and become angles or demons are ultimately one force. When i think of angles going across the world doing gods bidding I feel as though those angels are tapped into god and all work in unison. When I pray i believe I pray directly to "angels" or some people say "guides" even though i am addressing "god" the ultimate creator of the universe, and everything. once my prayer reaches the energies of the "angels" they automatically send the information directly to god, as they are essentially one with god. and I feel that the urgency of my spirit also controls the answer or potency of the answer, atleast to some degree.

ultimatly i dont think anyone knows consciously how life operates, atleast they dont know with 100% accuracy. However I believe that we all know subconsciously how it operates. we know that by screwing someone over its the worse thing we can do for ourselves.

Nice post. Me and my friend just read your post and admire you greatly for getting off your addiction. Well done. It is good to see that out of it you are seeking your spiritual path. You seem very open minded about the whole thing and so me and my mate wish you well brother. Just know that death itself does not equal union with God or whatever term you want to use. Here is some small quotes and piece of writing to elucidate what I mean here. Well done anyway mate!

Death is no cure for ignorance. ---Anonymous

O friend, hope for Him whilst you live, know whilst you live, understand whilst you live; for in life deliverance abides.

If your bonds be not broken whilst living, what hope of deliverance in death?

Is it but an empty dream that the soul shall have union with Him because it has passed from the body;

If He is found now He is found then;

If not, we do but go to dwell in the City of Death.

--Kabir (Muslim and Hindu mystic)

God alone is Real and the goal of life is to become united with Him through love. Meher Baba (Hindu mystic)

To each his own my friend, dont speak as if what you believe or what this muslim said is fact.

for all you know your 100% wrong and hes 100% right.

I think people should make there own meaning in life than try and find a meaning to it.

I think people should make there own meaning in life than try and find a meaning to it.

"...try and find a meaning to it" is just another way for someone to make his or her own meaning, dont' you think? It is merely an option in a collective.

People always try and find a meaning to everything but maybe there is no meaning to life.

I used to totally believe that. I was raised a strict christian (which is probably why I started using drugs at adolesence ^_^ ), then started to think for myself and became a total agnostic. I was sure there was no God. Then I got clean and in rehab everyone told you to find your "higher power". So I started to open myself to the idea. I started talking to this "God" not really sure if he was there or not. No responses or conformations. I just kept saying "I want to believe but I don't know how". Well, eventually I learned some amazing things and experienced "God" (I could write a book about my spiritual experiences, but it's really between me and Him), and KNEW He was there. Now praying to him KNOWING He was there I got answers to my questions almost immediately. And my life just keeps getting better.

But I don't want to push any belief or religion (I mostly disagree with religion) on anyone. I just want to share my strength, experience, and hope in a way that might help others. I hope this planted a seed in someone's mind).

(And I wouldn't be offended if you rated me. That 1 star looks so lonely. :blush: )

Edited by mattk4today

To each his own my friend, dont speak as if what you believe or what this muslim said is fact.

I have faith it is fact. My intuition says it is fact. That is all I can say.

And where did I anywhere in that post rule out the possibility that I was wrong????????

(And I wouldn't be offended if you rated me. That 1 star looks so lonely. :blush: )

Don't feel lonely (or bad) about your "1 star." Go to the "Help / FAQ" section of this website, and find out what that's about.

I give you ten stars. Wait, are we on a certain scale? Oh, well, I want to give you ten, I am giving them to you. I was involved heavily in drugs from age 13 - age 20, and I am proud of you for seeing the sense in quitting and saving yourself. The God question can be confusing. I am different from you in that I was raised atheist and became a Christian on my own after MY spiritual experiences from the whole going sober experience.

I am glad that you are healthy, and thinking clearly now. God Bless You.

Sweetie, if by 'star', you're refering to the one under your avatar, then that's up to you.....The more posts you make on this forum, the more stars you get and the 'Alien Embryo' also changes...Once you reach 1000 posts, you can choose your own heading/name.... :)

EDIT: Damn, Div beat me to it....I didn't notice your post....

Edited by MUM24/7

Sweetie, if by 'star', you're refering to the one under your avatar, then that's up to you.....The more posts you make on this forum, the more stars you get and the 'Alien Embryo' also changes...Once you reach 1000 posts, you can choose your own heading/name.... :)

EDIT: Damn, Div beat me to it....I didn't notice your post....

Yeah, but thanks, you saved me from having to look through the help/faq. And I saw my rating on my profile (4 stars) so I'm glad somebody out there agrees with my postings. I still don't have any friends here though. <_<

Edited by mattk4today

As everyone else has said, congratulations on beating your addiction. :)

People who have had bad experiences with Christianity come to the conclusion that 'religion is bad' or they don't believe a religion can be good for a person. Sometimes people feel restriced with a set of rules and commandments and then think that all religions have rules and commandments- things that you must do.

I found myself in the same spot as you; I didn't believe in God once because I was very depressed and I had no faith. Also I didn't feel Christianity was right for me. I then set a goal for myself to practise/learn about every religion that exists before I die. So that I can have choices. When you only have Christianity and know of no other religion that can make all religions seem bad. I started my research with Buddhism. And what do you know, it was perfect for me. I couldn't believe that this had been missing my whole life. So I converted to Buddhism and set about to practise it as much as I could. The teachings of the Buddha and his philosophy have really enlightened me and taught me things I never knew. So what I'm saying is that you never know what's out there until you learn about it yourself. There might still be a religion out there for you. :)

But not everyone needs a religion. And this is not what I'm saying either. People's needs/beliefs differ so someone might find happiness practising Islam while another is content believing nothing.

Now about the meaning of life. I want to congratulate you again on your deep thinking and realisations. Few people will ever come to any set conclusion about the meaning of life in their lifetime but that you have found your own meaning (which also differs for people) and that shows you are an intellectual and you contemplate deep things.

Now you may not realise this but what you were saying about reincarnation and people not finishing things up in one lifetime- needing to be reborn again to learn more- this reflects Buddhist beliefs. We believe that people are stuck in the cycle of life and suffering- rebirth and death that goes on and on. The Buddha taught that to be free of this cycle and our past karma you have to achieve enlightenment/nirvana. In this lifetime you will do things that will have consequences, and based on your past lives and life you've just lived you'll be born again to carry out your unfufilled karma. To achieve nirvana one must conquer their own mind and thoughts, their desires and impulses. The Buddha taught that attaining nirvana is the highest thing anyone can do in their lives- but he took things a step further by saying that people who have attained nirvana must continue to live on Earth to spread compassion and love, and help others achieve nirvana so that we all can be free of suffering. He claimed that this was the meaning of life-nothing you do can compare to helping others and attaining nirvana. And I believe this also. I of course have my own personal belief of the meaning of life but it relates with Buddhist beliefs and that is why Buddhism is perfect for me. Btw, I still believe in God..I even pray. But I don't practise Christianity and I don't go to church. But it was important for me to keep that belief in God when I converted to Buddhism because I now have strong relationship with God.

Well I've certainly rambled on...

I hope you don't feel like I am preaching to you or pressuring you to convert to Buddhism- because that is not what I meant at all. I believe that everyone has a religion that is right for them. I just thought you might be interested to know that what you believe is shared by many people.

And amen to what you said about living your life with love. :)

Edited by Qarrah

Addiction is an ongoing NDE matt......agree?.........a spritual awakening is part of the recovery....imho...b

Edited by Barek Halfhand