Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamanism

Ambredays

Hi there!

I just wonder if somwon else then me are intressted in shamnism?

Opps i forgot to introduce myslelf!

My name is Ida and im frome sweden, I am intresed in Natue religons and spirituality.

I practis some Shamanism!

(i hope everyvon can se what im write)

Bye

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Ambredays

• War Eagle

• Shadowh86

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail and Welcome to UM Ida. I'm in a nature based religion, I am practice Druidry. As far as Shamanism I haven't had the time to devote to it. I wish I could as I have more than a passing interest in it. What tradition do you practice?

There is a great spell check in the right hand corner, I know I would be lost without is. Otherwise your English is not bad. You spell like you talk, and it is understandable. :tu:

Hi

I am very interested in shamanism but I now I have no place or time to practice it :(

I don't know much about it myself, but basically isn't a Shaman a man or woman that goes to other worlds/realms of reality

(in an altered state of consciousness of course)to try and gather information or healing or whatever to bring back to this reality.

It was also practiced/used a lot by most of ancient cultures world wide before religion kicked in and became the accepted.

Druidry eh, would be good to see a thread on that.

All i ever read or remember on Druidry was from the Asterix comics i read as a kid.

Hope that helps you a little Ida.

Edited by REBEL

Welcome Amberdays!

In a nutshell Shamanism is the practice of spiritual healing ,, some religious and cultural leadership within most indiginous tribes.

Hope that helps some! :)

Hail and Welcome to UM Ida. I'm in a nature based religion, I am practice Druidry. As far as Shamanism I haven't had the time to devote to it. I wish I could as I have more than a passing interest in it. What tradition do you practice?

There is a great spell check in the right hand corner, I know I would be lost without is. Otherwise your English is not bad. You spell like you talk, and it is understandable. :tu:

Thanks, I had English lessons in school since second grade so I'm glad it understandable, i talk better English then write. :innocent: and thanks for the tip about the spell check, I'm going too need it :P

Whats Druidry? i have never hear of it?

I'm practice Shamanism, i have been practice it fore a while now, i have a teacher and i have meet him some times.

You know, ancient Turanians, people who are turkic had Turanian religion. And they believe in Shamanism. They called the person “KAM” deals with religion also means Shaman…

I will quote some parts of a article here written by Mr. Polat Kaya. I don’t agree his opinions. He claims all languages anagrammatized from Turkish as in Genesis said the world was speaking only one language at first. But this is a good description of ancient Turanian religion.

ANCIENT TURANIAN TRINITY SKY-GOD (GÖK-TENGRI)

At this point, I want to share with you an old prayer of Uigur Turks given below (translation into English from the Turkish text is mine). It praises the ancient Turkish trinity Sky-God "Gök-Tengri". The original of the prayer is given by the famed Turkologist Reshid Rahmeti Arat.[1]

AN UIGUR PRAYER

The SKY-GOD came,

Sky-God himself came;

The Sky-God came,

Sky-God himself came.

Rise up, all noble lords, brothers,

Let us praise the Sky-God!

SUN-GOD who sees all,

You protect us!

MOON-GOD who is seen,

You save us!

Sky-God,

With beautiful fragrance, with sweet scent,

With glitter, with twinkle

The Sky-God! 5

Sky-God! 5

Sky-God,

With beautiful fragrance, with sweet scent,

With glitter, with twinkle

The Sky-God!

Sky-God!

where: the Sky-God is "Tan Tanri" in Turkish, the Sun-God is "Kün Tanri" in Turkish and the Moon-God is "Ay Tanri" in Turkish.

The following is the original Uigur version of this prayer on the left with a translation into more modern Turkish on the right:

1 Tang tengri kelti 1 Tan tanri geldi,

Tang tengri özi kelti Tan tanri kendisi geldi;

Tang tengri kelti Tan tanri geldi,

Tang tengri özi kelti Tan tanri kendisi geldi;

5 Turunglar kamag begler kadaslar 5 KalkInIz, bütün beyler, kardesler,

Tang tengrig ögelim Tan tanriyi övelim

Körügme kün tengri Gören Günes Tanri,

Siz bizni küzeding Siz bizi koruyun!

Körünügme ay tengri Görünen Ay tanri,

10 siz bizni kurtgaring 10 Siz bizi kurtarin

Tang tengri Tan tanri,

YIdlIg yIparlIg Güzel kokulu, misk kokulu,

Yaruglug yashuklug Pariltili, Ishiltili

Tang tengri 5 Tan tanri 5

15 Tang tengri 5 15 Tan tanri 5

Tang tengri Tan tanri,

YIdlIg yIparlIg Güzel kokulu, misk kokulu,

Yaruglug yashuklug Pariltili, Ishiltili

Tang tengri Tan tanri

Tang tengri Tan tanri

20 Tang tengri 20 Tan tanri

Thus, this prayer of ancient Uigur Turks identifies for us the ancient Turanian trinity Sky-God concept by identifying TAN-TANRI (ATA-AN-TANRI) (Sky-Father-God), KÜN/GÜN-TANRI (Sun-God) and AY-TANRI (Moon-God).

The Turkish Sky-God is also known by the name GOK-TANRI / GÖK-TENGRI. Presently, the ancient Turanian trinity Sky-God concept and the Sun-God (Gün-Tanri) concept appears to have been obliterated from the memories of Turanians by superimposing other recent religions on them. Particularly the name OGUS / OGUZ as the name of the ancient Turanian Sky-God has been totally wiped out, and it is only recalled as one of the ancestors of the Turks. In this essay we will discuss the name OGUZ as the name of the most ancient Turanian Sky-God.

TUR - THE ANCIENT TURANIAN SKY-FATHER-GOD

The ancient Turanians believed there was a sky Father (ATA) who was the creator god of all the universe and everything in it including the Sun and the Moon. The second in line to the Sky-Father was the Sun (KÜN / GÜN) which was the life giving deity to the earth. Thirdly, there was the Moon (AY) which changed its appearance as if by magic - like a Turkic shaman (KAM). These three, that is, the Father, the Sun and the Moon constituted a trinity Sky-God religion for the ancient Turanians. They called these three deities Tan-Tanri, Gün-Tanri and Ay-Tanri respectively as indicated in the above Uigur prayer. By another name Tan-Tanri was "aTa-AN-TANRI" meaning "Father-Sky-God" or "GÖK-TANRI" meaning "Sky-God".

In the ancient Turanian religion, the SUN and MOON, being the most conspicuous celestial entities in the sky, were regarded as the EYES of an omnipotent and omnipresent Sky-Father-God (ATA-AN-TANRI or GÖK-TANRI) who had created the universe. For creating everything, he was "ATA" (FATHER), and hence, his name ATA was representable with the letter T only. The letter T, having an upright body of "I" (Turkic numeral one [bir]) and two extended "arms" not only represents a man but also represents the concept of "TRINITY". In ancient Turkic writings this letter was in the form of a Trident i.e., one (Bir) body with two raised arms - like a person praying to God (ATA). This very same letter T is also known by the name "TAU" anagrammatized from Turkish "aTA-U" meaning "HE IS FATHER" referring to the CREATOR GOD. The letter T is also the cross symbol in Christendom. The two arms of the letter T represent the SUN (anagrammatized from Turkic "aS-AN" (BIR-GÖK / ESSIZ-GÖK) meaning "One-Sky" or "Peerless Sky") and the MOON (also anagrammatized from Turkic MA-AN meaning "Magnificent Sky" and also "Moon-of Sky").

It should also be mentioned that the Turkic word MAN / MEN not only represents the ATA (man in the sky) but is also the personal pronoun for the first person singular in Turkish (MAN / MEN / BEN) indicating that this personal pronoun and also the others in Turkish are named after the Sky-God. Similarly, Turkic numeral names are named after the Sky-God. This also applies to the numeral names in other languages.

In ancient Sumerian (KIENGIR) cuneiform (CUNEUS in Latin from Turkish KÜN-OUS / OGUS) writing system, the name of the Creator Sky-God ANU was also represented with an upright I (Bir) with two horizontal arms as if the arms are brought together. So we see that in the ancient Tur/Turk Sumerian writing system, the SKY-GOD is a "trinity" god concept. In the Sumerian writing system, the concept of GOD known by the Sumerian term DINGIR (Turkish TENGIR / TENGRI / TENGERE / TANGARA / TANRI) was represented with a STAR symbol. That star was an eight rayed sun symbol - like a plus sign turned 45 degrees and superimposed on another plus sign.

This SUN symbol together with the "CRESCENT MOON" is found on many ancient Turanian peoples' artifacts [2] such as those of Sumerian, Kan-Hans / Kun-Hans (Canaan / Phoenician), Masar (or MAGAN / MAGUN in Sumerian for so-called "Egypt") and many more. The Ottomans used the same symbol of Sun and the Crescent Moon in their national flag. Similarly the Azerbaijan flag carries the same sun symbol and the Crescent Moon. Of course all of the other Turkic / Turkish peoples have a SUN in some form in their national emblems. Evidently, the choice of Sun and Crescent Moon as a national symbol is not a random choice, but rather a choice because of their "sun and moon" worshipping ancestral culture. Turkic rugs are filled with this emblem of the ancient Sky-God. Similarly, other people who believed in the ancient Turanian Trinity Sky-God also have one or more of these symbols on their national flags indicating that this Tur/Turk religion was a world religion.

OGUS (OGUZ) AS THE ANCIENT TURANIAN TRINITY SKY-GOD

In the ancient Turkish culture, AMA-ATA also meant "Blind Father", by another name in Turkish it is "KOR-ATA". The reason for this view of the ancient Turanian Sky-God as being BLIND-FATHER can be explained as follows: It is regarded that the Sky-God had two very conspicuous EYES in the sky: One being the all-seeing eye, that is, the SUN (Sun-God) which is the magnificently working eye at which no one can look at, and with the help of that eye everything becomes visible. The second eye of the ancient Turanian Sky-Father-God was the Moon which is the blind one, because it is not functioning as good as the first eye, that is, the SUN. One can always look at the second eye of the Sky-Father-God without being blinded. Thus, metaphorically the Sky God is a "BLIND GOD", that is, one eye is not working as good as the other one.

In Turkish culture such a person is called "Kor-Goz" / "Kör-Göz". Similarly and metaphorically, because of this situation, the ancient Turanian Sky-Father-God would also be known as KOR-GOZ (KÖR-GÖZ) meaning "Blind Eyed" in which the blind eye is the moon. On the other hand, because of the supreme flexibility of the Turkish language, the Sky-Father-God is also KOR-GÖZ meaning "Fire Eyed", that is, His working eye is made of "FIRE" referring to the SUN. Thus the Turkic phrase KOR-GOZ (KÖR-GÖZ) explains and identifies the ancient Turanian sky-father-god, sun-god and the moon-god all by one phrase KOR-GOZ (KÖR-GÖZ).

Thus, using this very basic expression, the ancient Turanian Sky-Father-God also has the title of: "O-KOR-GOZ" or "KOR-O-GOZ" meaning "He is blind eyed" or "He is Fire eyed". But "KOR-O-GOZ" is also "KOR-OGUZ" which refers to both the SUN and the MOON. While His perfectly working and all-seeing "FIRE EYE", that is, "KOR-O-GOZ" meaning "That Eye is Fire" indicates the SUN, that is, The Sun-God OGOZ, his blind eye "KOR-O-GOZ" meaning "That Blind Eye" indicates the MOON, that is the "Moon-God OGOZ". Thus both the SUN and the Moon are OGOZ/OGUZ by name in Turkish. Because of the fact that both eyes of the Sky-Father-God is OGOZ / OGUZ / OGUS, hence, the Sky-Father-God (TAN-TANRI / ATA-AN-TANRI) is also OGOZ / OGUZ / OGUS.

Thus the ancient Turanian Sky-God-OGOZ (OGUZ / OGOS / OGUS) has a "trinity" concept embedded in it:

Number 1 of the trinity is the Sky-Father-God OGOZ / OGUZ (ATA-AN-TANRI, KOR/KÖR-OGUZ meaning both FIRE-OGUZ and BLIND OGUZ);

Number 2 of the trinity is the Sun-God OGOZ / OGUZ (KUN/GUN-TANRI, KOR-OGUZ meaning FIRE-OGUZ), and

Number 3 of the trinity is the Moon-God OGOZ / OGUZ (AY-TANRI, KÖR-OGUZ meaning the BLIND-OGUZ).

It is to be noted that each one of these deities is ONE meaning that each one exists separately but in the ancient Turkic Trinity Sky-God concept, all three were viewed as part of ONE (BIR). Hence the concept of "Trinity God" is a Turanian TUR/TURK concept contrary to established misinformation. They are all known by the name OGUZ/OGUS, OGUZ-ATA, OGUS-ATA, OGUZ/OGUS-HAN, OGUZ/OGUS-KAGAN, and many more because the ancient Turanian Sky-God, as the creator of the Universe, is infinite in nature and therefore has infinite names. It should be noted that all names of ancient Turanian gods are of Turkic phrases made up of syllabic Turkish words.

Since the working "eye" of the Sky-God is "FIRE and LIGHT" (OT/OD, KOR, ATASh, KÖZ, ALAV/ALEV/ALAF/ELIF and IShI in Turkish), God Himself must also be made of "Fire and Light", in other words "INTENSE LIGHT", that is to say, "INTENSE ENERGY". In view of the findings by modern cosmological reseach, the origin of the cosmos is indeed considered as having started with intense radiation of energy (ISHI, ISI, NUR in Turkish). This modern view of the COSMOS is very much the same as the understanding of the COSMOS by the ancient Turanian TUR/TURK peoples. It appears that this unbelievably advanced ancient Turanian civilization was destroyed and looted by the later generations of humanity.

The ancient Turanian Sky-Father-God (ATA TANRI) being regarded as the creator of the universe, is omnipotent and omnipresent; was so in the past, is so at present and will be so in the future. It will be constant and present for a very long time to come. Because of His constancy, ancient Turanians regarded his celestial house as being at the NORTH POLE star (DEMIRKAZUK YILDUZ/ILDUZ). As it is obeserved, the whole universe appears to rotate about the NORTH POLE STAR where the ancient Turanian Turs/Turks believed that their Sky-Father-God resided. In other words, when all the universe is apparently rotating around one point in space, that being the NORTH POLE, for the ancient Turanians, it indicated that the Sky-Father-God (ATA-TANRI) must be located at that point. Otherwise the universe would not be rotating around it. Modern science sees this rotation in a different view which is understandable, however, for the ancient Turanian Turs/Turks the cause of the rotation was because the Sky-Father God's celestial residence was there.

However, ATA-TANRI is everywhere and is in everything because ATA-TANRI is not only ENERGY, it is SPACE (< MA-AKA-AN > MAKAN > MEKAN) and TIME (AN) too. Space is a celestial entity that exists in the minutest elements of nature (ATOM < Tr. ATAM) and also all throughout the COSMOS.[12] It exists in the DNA, in the GENES (< Tr. GÜN / GÜNES / GÜNESh), in the plants, and in anything and everything that exists. Without SPACE nothing can exist. Therefore, SPACE is another form of ATA-TANRI (SKY-FATHER-GOD). Similarly, ATA-TANRI is also TIME, which is AN in Turkish. Hence, in ancient Turanian, AN-U/O was the name of the Sky-Creator-God; in Sumerian ANU was also the creator God's name. Turkish AN-U/O means "It is Sky" which is "space" and also "It is time" ("O-AN" or "AN-O" in Turkish). The Turkish name TANRI embodies all these concepts in its structure thus the name TANRI (TENGRI, TENGIR, DINGIR, TENGERE, TANGARA, ...) is an all encompassing Turkic name that extends over the universe.

The so-called Greek god "ZEUS" is actually nothing but the Turkish OGUS/OGUZ expressed with the Turkish phrase "aZ-EUS" meaning "Peerless OUS/OGUS". Hence, neither the name ZEUS nor the concept of ZEUS belong to the ancient Greek people. It is clearly indicated in some sources that Greeks got ZEUS from PELASGIANS, that is, the SAKA-TURKS at the DODONA temple. Thus the ancient Turanian name EUS/OUS/OGUS appears as ZEUS in ancient Greek. Zeuz is also from Turkic "SÖZ" meaning "language" which verifies the biblical expression that: "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god" from JOHN 1:1. In the name of Zeus there is the Turkic word "SÖZ" meaning "word". Similarly, the name Oguz has the Turkic "AGUZ" meaning "word" or "language". They do not seem to be due to coincidences.

Hello and welcome. X)

As a person learning and practicing shamanism, would love to offer help.

Shamanism, while the word derives from Tibet/China meaning "spiritual healer", it is mostly what describes many naturalistic healing faiths.

There are many facets to shamanism, since many cultures have their own version with their own names. Native Americans, for example, call their "shamans" Medician men and women.

However, shamans don't just act as healers.. we are also advisors, guidence, and offerers of wisdom.

I would say a good deal of our "magics" is just the knowledge of how to use natural remidies, and how to use chants and songs, and verious other things at our disposal to help condition and set up someone's mind to help themselves heal.

However, I would advise, sertain things really should be taken care of by a professional doctor first. ;) We can always do the clean up work to help set the per's mind to heal quickly. Post treatment things.

Evil and good are human conceptions. What's evil to one, is good to another.

Sure, there are somepeople who use anything for "evil" purposes... and "evil shamans" probaly do exist... but really any who proffess is probaly people who watch to much tv, or play to many computer games. *snerks*

Since a shaman in their basic deffinition is "Healer of the tribe, and spiritual guidance to the tribal leader." It is possible to use a shaman's abilities and knowledge to do evil... keeping in mind that evil is still just a human conception.

Shamanism is more common among the Finno-Urgic and Altaic peoples than it is among American Indians. My grandfather was a meteu' (medicine man) but he did not practice shamanism, which is involved with astral travel. Finnish and Lapp shamans would be your closest conection being from Sweden.

One word of advice though when looking for a teacher. People than find their spirituality in late adulthood are "seekers" not "teachers". Don't fall for anyone asking for money and trying to sell you something and don't trust what is written on the internet. There is a lot of garbage out there.

Lapiche

Not all Shamans take with the "astral travels" though Piney love.

X)